jgoose71

If you can choose your sex, why not choose your race?

This girl has been passing her self off as black for years, and is now a prominent figure in the Spokane Wa chapter of the NAACP.

Thing is, she was born white. But in the day and age where you can choose your sex, despite the chromosomes you were born with, is it now reasonable to think you can choose your race?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-big-question-in-the-naacp-rachel-dolezal-case-why/ar-BBl4En2
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

"One's racial identity is not a qualifying criteria or disqualifying standard for NAACP leadership," it said in a statement. It added: "In every corner of this country, the NAACP remains committed to securing political, educational and economic justice for all people, and we encourage Americans of all stripes to become members and serve as leaders in our organization."

Sincerity here is moot, but this is the right attitude.

jgoose71

This girl has been passing her self off as black for years, and is now a prominent figure in the Spokane Wa chapter of the NAACP.

Thing is, she was born white. But in the day and age where you can choose your sex, despite the chromosomes you were born with, is it now reasonable to think you can choose your race?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-big-question-in-the-naacp-rachel-dolezal-case-why/ar-BBl4En2

You do realize that a very large percentage of good ole boy apparently white southern Americans who can trace their ancestry back to colonial times, with current DNA testing would be listed on census records as mulatto based on Jim Crow laws.

As a dad of young adults myself, I have to wonder about her parents. I mean it's not like she's a unabomber or something like that.
Estranged or not, it takes some mighty powerful anger to deliberately and publicly fuck over your own child's life and career like that. I mean, wow.

Andy9o8

As a dad of young adults myself, I have to wonder about her parents. I mean it's not like she's a unabomber or something like that.
Estranged or not, it takes some mighty powerful anger to deliberately and publicly fuck over your own child's life and career like that. I mean, wow.

How are they doing that exactly?

Oh... There it is....

http://www.theroot.com/articles/history/2014/02/traces_of_african_ancestry_in_a_white_person_the_likely_reason.html

In the South, the infamous “one-drop rule” was once employed during the Jim Crow era to classify African Americans as anyone who had one drop of African blood. Had there been DNA testing during that time, the segregated South would have looked quite different, since we now know that some people who identify as primarily white actually have some African ancestry as well. New information brought to light by new DNA-testing technologies opens up a new conversation on race and identity.

As you noted, there have been several studies showing that DNA results of many African Americans indicate that they have between 20 and 30 percent European ancestry. These results reflect the fact that many slave owners fathered children by their slaves. DNA tests also show that the opposite of this scenario can be true: Those who identify as primarily white can have African ancestry.

Ok yall...Those so inclined to have silly negro threads every week...... please feel free to hate on yourselves a bit while posting that shit:ph34r::ph34r:

Every dog breeder knows that while pure breeds may be worth more money, they tend to have health and behavioral issues....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Seriously though, I could care less about blood lines. Here in America we are all pretty much mutts now. The sooner people realize that and stop with the identity politics the sooner we can move on to more important stuff....

.... like the content of peoples character.....

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

jgoose71

Every dog breeder knows that while pure breeds may be worth more money, they tend to have health and behavioral issues....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Seriously though, I could care less about blood lines. Here in America we are all pretty much mutts now. The sooner people realize that and stop with the identity politics the sooner we can move on to more important stuff....

Didn't some black guy say something about that?????

Amazon

***Every dog breeder knows that while pure breeds may be worth more money, they tend to have health and behavioral issues....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Didn't some black guy say something about that?????

I think so, but since he was black, no one listened to him. Race is still more important.

"The only facts that matter are that a black guy was shot by a white cop. What the black guy was doing is not important because he was black, PERIOD!"

jgoose71

Hahahaha...I had the same thought, she's not a fake simply Trans-racial.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Skyrad

***This girl has been passing her self off as black for years, and is now a prominent figure in the Spokane Wa chapter of the NAACP.

Hahahaha...I had the same thought, she's not a fake simply Trans-racial.

She resigned (thank God).

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/15/us/washington-rachel-dolezal-naacp/index.html

She resigned (thank God).

No, you can thank her vindictive parents, who are retaliating against her for exposing their abuse of children, for removing her African-American younger adoptive brother from their abusive home, and for her support of the victim who has accused her older brother of criminal sexual abuse.

Gee, now why on earth might someone in her shoes be psychologically motivated to deny her immediate blood relatives, and to establish an entirely new, independent identity through which to live out the remainder of her life, and perhaps allow herself and her kid brother to heal a bit? One cannot imagine.

cvfd1399

Imagine all the black peoples faces that believed her bullshit story that she was actually black sitting there and remembering all the times she called people "my nigga", or how the "white man be keepin' us down".

Is it even within your ability to understand the back story? No, not as long you and your barstool buds can keep up the talking points of how downtrodden you are by all the Negroes getting their free stuff.

They're comin' to git ya!

LMAO!! you have no clue! Yea my wife and mixed race child are coming to get me alright!!

Might want to watch and read this. Her story about abuse and your defense of her is bullshit. Her brother calls this "blackface".

Ezra Dolezal said the accusations of physical punishment were false. They divided the family. He said he never confronted his adopted sister when she asked him not to blow her cover because he didn't want to make the situation worse.

He said Dolezal's transformation was tantamount to living in "blackface."

"It's kind of a slap in the face to African-Americans because she doesn't know what it's like to be black," said Ezra Dolezal, whose biological mother was white and father half-black. "She's only been African-American when it benefited her. She hasn't been through all the struggles. She's only been African-American the last few years."