Amazon

More Chistian love

Faith based bigotry at it's finest. Not much of a surprise.

I'm actually thankful for stories like these. It just provides evidence as to why people are turning away from the church.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

maadmax

Not sure what point you are trying to make, but God's Love is not predicated on one persons success or failure in manifesting it. People will always disappoint you, God never.

Well, a bunch of Egyptian first born got mightily disappointed. A bunch of drowned people and animals, ditto. I'm sure there were some innocent children in Gomorrah...

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

maadmax

Not sure what point you are trying to make, but God's Love is not predicated on one persons success or failure in manifesting it. People will always disappoint you, God never.

My point as always is, if one is going to purport to be "Christian" perhaps following what the lord taught... rather than "praying on it" and doing the WRONG thing.... is not very Christian.

normiss

That's just silly.
He disappoints every damn day, the world over.

True, if viewed through a worldly view point. But if viewed though faith empowered by the Spirit of God , disappointment paradoxically becomes blessing. Peace that passes understanding becomes a reality.

True, if viewed through a worldly view point. But if viewed though faith empowered by the Spirit of God , disappointment paradoxically becomes blessing. Peace that passes understanding becomes a reality.

If only all those little boys( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases) and girls (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_scandal_in_Ireland ) had you to tell them to have more faith they would have considered their rape a blessing.

maadmax

***That's just silly.

Those of us who live in the world would view it that way. YMMV, of course, up there in cloud cuckoo land.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******That's just silly.

Those of us who live in the world would view it that way. YMMV, of course, up there in cloud cuckoo land.

My contention, that is routinely verified in practice, is that religious conviction is the result of mental malware.

Stuxnet is easier to address and much less destructive.

My contention, that is routinely verified in practice, is that religious conviction is the result of mental malware

I know the game, talking around each other guarantees nothing meaningful will ever be discussed. I have nothing to say or any defense to offer for religious people or their convictions. The function of the human spirit has little to do with religion.

maadmax

My contention, that is routinely verified in practice, is that religious conviction is the result of mental malware

I know the game, talking around each other guarantees nothing meaningful will ever be discussed. I have nothing to say or any defense to offer for religious people or their convictions. The function of the human spirit has little to do with religion.

I never was able to find a bible passage about lesbians.... with an infant. There is that old testament hate for so many sins and how to deal with that.... And the New Testament got some of SAUL the Pharisee's bias for a few of the Old Testament books but I still can't find anything about women of that persuasion.

normiss

That's just silly.

I thought he was a she.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I never was able to find a bible passage about lesbians.... with an infant. There is that old testament hate for so many sins and how to deal with that.... And the New Testament got some of SAUL the Pharisee's bias for a few of the Old Testament books but I still can't find anything about women of that persuasion.

Other that presenting guidelines for the family, I am pretty sure that specific topic was not mentioned.