brenthutch

Those evil oil and gas companies

"A recent study estimates that 2.1 million jobs were supported by this energy boom in 2012, and is expected to rise to 3.3 million jobs by 2020. It meant an additional $74 billion in federal and state revenues in 2012, and, owing to lower energy costs, an increase of $1,200 in average household disposable income across the United States. With U.S. natural gas prices a third of those in Europe, it is also making the United States a much more competitive place for industry, helping to power what President Obama has called a “renaissance in American manufacturing”—many tens of billions of dollars of new investment going into manufacturing facilities. And the increase in domestic oil production has reduced the annual U.S. trade deficit, at current prices, by about $85 billion."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2013/11/congratulations-america-youre-almost-energy-independent-now-what-98985.html#ixzz3csNAeF1l

brenthutch

"A recent study estimates that 2.1 million jobs were supported by this energy boom in 2012, and is expected to rise to 3.3 million jobs by 2020. It meant an additional $74 billion in federal and state revenues in 2012, and, owing to lower energy costs, an increase of $1,200 in average household disposable income across the United States. With U.S. natural gas prices a third of those in Europe, it is also making the United States a much more competitive place for industry, helping to power what President Obama has called a “renaissance in American manufacturing”—many tens of billions of dollars of new investment going into manufacturing facilities. And the increase in domestic oil production has reduced the annual U.S. trade deficit, at current prices, by about $85 billion."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2013/11/congratulations-america-youre-almost-energy-independent-now-what-98985.html#ixzz3csNAeF1l

Oh, please, you know there can never be an up side to the oil industry.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

JohnnyMarko

That's weird....I work in oil and gas...7 of my friends from a different O&G company were recently laid off, and I just got a pay cut.

Well, that's because of taxes.:)

All this litigation on gay marriage.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

JohnnyMarko

******That's weird....I work in oil and gas...7 of my friends from a different O&G company were recently laid off, and I just got a pay cut.

Well, that's because of taxes.:)

All this litigation on gay marriage.:ph34r:

See my sig line

That is what keeps me posting here.t