stayhigh

I get Blocked from General Skydiving forum for posting this??? What is this? German Nazi control?

Exactly what I've posted. I guess it is more suited for Speakers Corner, Since it is all politics and all.

Why is my other post urging to take action against the USPA for having non-qualified personal being in office getting erased? I didn't even use profanity. If you are going to erase something, erase those post where I personally use profane language directly towards Mr. Winstock.

I have wrote nothing but the truth.

I have stated my opinion that he should step down, as Rich Winstock did in past for pleading guilty for his crime that he committed, and I've also said that if he would've stepped down in a timely manner, he could've avoided public humiliation of his past being dug up.

it is all public record as you can see from

State of New Jersey v Richard M Winstock.
http://law.justia.com/...08/a1212-07-opn.html

Personally I find it absurd that the person who is in charge of punishing other people and pulling their rating, is incapable of admitting guilt and stepping down from such position from his mistake of hooking into by innocent by stander thus resulting in a hospitalization and a surgery.

Longer Rich Winstock stays as a person who is in charge of safety, the longer the USPA is making a mockery of their own rules. How can their BSR be effective when USPA can't even enforce the rules themselves?

Send a letter to your regional director, president, Rich Winstock himself, urging to take action.

Here is Rich Winstock himself talking about the rules and recommendation to keep the sky safe.http://www.richwinstock.com/biography_14.html
How can one follow his recommendation and respect his thoughts when, Mr. Winstock, himself can't even seem do so?

Again, I'll state my opinion, the embarrassment to the organization and himself could've been avoided if he stepped down as a SnTA in a timely manner.

Mr. Winstock, I'm not saying that you have to step down from every position for USPA, but you just can't be the SnTA. Go for accounting, public relations, something.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

congrats for your Godwin Point. You received it from the title already.

I am not saying that your message is wrong, but as I understand you have been asked to keep it a bit silent on the subject, and your reaction is to start shouting about it...

This is no democracy :)

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Well nothing is being done, since last year, and people are forgetting about it, and it is getting swept under the rug.

How do you feel about that?

It is your membership due, 50 bucks that you are spending on.

Block me from Speakers Corner too, I'm getting sick of myself spewing out bullshit.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

-I have no hard feeling about this
-I am not a USPA member
-I think the mistake(s) he did should cost him THAT position.

What I like about your point of view, is that you say quite clearly that he should still have a role with USPA (if deemed capable), but NOT with safety.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

stayhigh

Exactly what I've posted. I guess it is more suited for Speakers Corner, Since it is all politics and all.

Why is my other post urging to take action against the USPA for having non-qualified personal being in office getting erased? I didn't even use profanity. If you are going to erase something, erase those post where I personally use profane language directly towards Mr. Winstock.

I have stated my opinion that he should step down, as Rich Winstock did in past for pleading guilty for his crime that he committed, and I've also said that if he would've stepped down in a timely manner, he could've avoided public humiliation of his past being dug up.

Personally I find it absurd that the person who is in charge of punishing other people and pulling their rating, is incapable of admitting guilt and stepping down from such position from his mistake of hooking into by innocent by stander thus resulting in a hospitalization and a surgery.

Longer Rich Winstock stays as a person who is in charge of safety, the longer the USPA is making a mockery of their own rules. How can their BSR be effective when USPA can't even enforce the rules themselves?

Send a letter to your regional director, president, Rich Winstock himself, urging to take action.

Here is Rich Winstock himself talking about the rules and recommendation to keep the sky safe.http://www.richwinstock.com/biography_14.html
How can one follow his recommendation and respect his thoughts when, Mr. Winstock, himself can't even seem do so?

Again, I'll state my opinion, the embarrassment to the organization and himself could've been avoided if he stepped down as a SnTA in a timely manner.

Mr. Winstock, I'm not saying that you have to step down from every position for USPA, but you just can't be the SnTA. Go for accounting, public relations, something.

Clickified
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***Exactly what I've posted. I guess it is more suited for Speakers Corner, Since it is all politics and all.

Clickified

"Page Not Found"
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Thanks

I was curious and thought the legal case involved skydiving. I see it does not.

I have not been a member of USPA since 2006 and not up to speed with the current level of politics. Personally, I think the association went down hill with the loss of W.H.O.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I'm not following either. Why does being convicted of running an illegal gaming establishment make someone not suitable to be a safety and training chair?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

lummy

I'm not following either. Why does being convicted of running an illegal gaming establishment make someone not suitable to be a safety and training chair?

I believe the thinking to which stayhigh subscribes is this:

Rich pled guilty (although he later tried unsuccesfully to withdraw his guilty plea) to running an unlawful gambling enterprise. He allegedly committed this crime while employed as a police officer with the rank of Sergeant. If that is the case, then he operated a criminal enterprise while simultaneously having both the power and the duty to enforce the criminal laws against others. Thus, the thinking goes, there is relevance between the facts leading to his conviction and whether he qualifies to be entrusted with a USPA position in which he has the power to take disciplinary action against other USPA skydivers who are accused of violating the terms of their licenses and/or ratings.

The thinking further goes that: by, allegedly, personally violating the very safety regulations he is empowered by the USPA to enforce against others, he has (if that is the case) squandered his qualification to hold that position. Some might also argue, rightly or wrongly, that, whether as a matter of character or otherwise, his alleged skydiving conduct while holding this USPA position was predictable in light of his alleged criminal conduct while employed as a police officer.

At least, that's one side of the argument. Of course, every argument has more than one side.

normiss

Yet the end result today will most likely be additional bannings.
Not Rich though.
:P

Not me either.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Rick

******Yet the end result today will most likely be additional bannings.
Not Rich though.
:P

Not me either.:)

not THIS time anyway
>:(

You're number 1!

:D:D:P

>Why is my other post urging to take action against the USPA for having non-qualified
>personal being in office getting erased?

Because it's not suited for the forum it was in. This is a much better place for such things.

>German Nazi control?

Yes, we are all German Nazis, even the South African who owns it.

A thread 100% directly related to skydiving, in a general skydiving forum where lots of users visit do discuss 100% skydiving topics..../mods not related let's bury it over here in a much less visited forum that's 99.9999% politics and non skydiving related things.
:S. I'm with you OP

Gambling convictions are 100% associated with skydiving?

Damn. I missed something along the way or I'm at the wrong DZ's.

IMO, it has ZERO to do with skydiving.
Loosely, possibly, a trust issue if you deal with him personally....but maybe not.
I've seen cops bust strip poker games here in FL at the geezer parks. There's a chance it was just a card game.
We used to be able to have fun without police intervention in this country.

IMO, it has ZERO to do with skydiving.

You are right, it has zero to do with skydiving, but as Andy described in one potential version of the argument it most certainly does speak to character.

(Plus in essence the two situations are similar)

Your insulting our intelligence, as Andy likes to say.

He is a ranking member of the USPA the organization that represents and guides our sport. Does it not have to be gambling for you to react? What about rape, gay bashing maybe would trigger you to step up and say he needs to go? It's about lack of confidence in a man that runs part of the skydiving organization....pretty much skydiving related.

Not to mention the swooping incident which is part of the argument for the head S&TA.