ryoder

Greenwood Village CO - SWAT demolishes house to get gunman

Just like Philly.

Nope, not even close, nice try at moral relativism..........

Remember, the MOVE thing was back in the "good old days", when cops gave wood shampoos and dropped bombs on people shooting at them. The good old days when there were very few tactical teams and it was much harder for bad guys to get assault weapons.

If Philly would have had a tactical team, equipped with an armored vehicle, the MOVE thing would have ended much different.

This is property damage, it's my understanding no one was injured and the bad guy was taken into custody. It sucks I agree, but even the owner admitted it was a "gunman".
A gunman that was shooting a people, if that's not a risk to society, I'm not sure what is.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

I may put it as best television show. Ever. Too bad it couldn't compete with Joanie loves Chachi or whatever the hell other tripe was on at the time.

If I remember it was only supposed to be a limited run of 8 shows. I was in high school when it was on, I loved AIRPLANE, this was a spin off by the Zucker Bros.

cvfd1399

Ok the article on reddit never said the dispatcher got the kids out, it just said he took hostages.

There are several of your posts here like this, where you make up some supposed story based on nothing. Sometimes the info wasn't out yet to be read, but at least a couple of times it was readily available. Perfect example of knee jerk.

It was breaking news link on reddit. The guy had fired at police, then taken hostages and barricaded inside the room. It ended there as he had not released anyone.

When the link shows up here I knew then Incdent he was talking about. Did not know there was further details.

Just like the kid outside the store like everyone else here I was totally against what the cop had done. New developments and information comes in that the headphones were not relevant, the kid knew exactly what was being said to him, and purposly said "Na fool". Also found was that he was depressed and suicidal. Guess once you make a post here your locked into that statement and can't change or add to it with new information. Sounds like a stupid ass idea to me.

I think it's more gallows humor than anything else. Consider surgeons saying things like "there go the piano lessons" when doing brain surgery.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My google-fu reflects that Philly established its SWAT team around 1964. (In fact, Philly's SWAT team may have been the first in the nation.) The MOVE bombing & burn-down was in 1985.

Some Major cities had SWAT Teams that early, LAPD was one of the first. However tactics and training were still being developed. Watch Hill Street Blues and look at Howard the SWAT commander, he is an example (not a real one, but the stereotype;)) of SWAT of the era. I doubt the MOVE situation was SWAT driven, if so then I'm sure there was a change in leadership.

LAPD is the father of the modern SWAT Team, along with training and tactics. Pre-Sept. 11 LAPD did extensive training with the military for MOUT scenarios. With all the recent real world MOUT missions there is a lot less networking.

To use your term, "get off my lawn" with the SWAT stuff, I started my tactical career in 1989. SWAT tactics have changed since then as well, much less isolate and contain, Columbine changed that. With that said, it's my understanding they gave this guy 20 hrs. That is a LONG time for an armed stand-off. Everything in a several block area essentially stops, that is extremely disruptive to a community. It was property damage, no hostages or bad guys were hurt. But in the current internet/media driven police bashing environment, people are now saying property damage is too much.

This was an armed gunman who took hostages, if they'd have done this for a raid, then I'd agree.

It's called a sense of humor, you should try it, it's fun.

I've actually had it put in my performance evaluation, "deals with adversity by using humor"...........

Quite the pussy response to just throw PA'S out there due to a dislike of a post.

Stop throwing sand, it's not nice...........

And "we" are the ones who sound angry.:P

skycop

...and it was much harder for bad guys to get assault weapons.

You know that isn't true, right?

Pre-89 it was pretty much a semi-auto free for all.

Chi-com AKs & SKSs (you could find a Norinco SKS for under $100),

HKs in 308, 223 and 9mm (16" barrels so NFA didn't apply) from Germany.

Galails from Israel and ARs from Korea.

Oddball pistols like Tec-9s and MAC-10 knockoffs (no shoulder stock, so they could be short barreled and classed as pistols).

Of course there was no real knowledge of this outside the "gun nuts", so the media frenzy hadn't taken off. The bad guys could get them if they wanted to, but few did (or do today).

After the import restrictions in 89, it slowed down. After the ban in 94 it got really silly. Pre-89 HKs were hitting $2500. Some of the better Chinese stuff like Poly Tech got silly high prices too.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

and it was much harder for bad guys to get assault weapons.

You know that isn't true, right?

I knew that would ruffle some feathers............

But I stand by what I said, they were harder to find and seldom used. I bought a Norinco "Farmers Friend" SKS in 1990.

He stated 1965, from then to the mid-80's there was not the proliferation there is now. The mid-80's saw an increase in tactical teams and tactical training. Partly as a response to an increased weapons capability of our adversaries. Bad guys in the 30's were using Tommy-guns and BAR's. So was law enforcement, but again, those were the "good old days"...............

I never said I was against it did I? That would be an assumption on your part.