ryoder

Greenwood Village CO - SWAT demolishes house to get gunman

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/front-range/greenwood-village/owner-of-greenwood-village-house-blown-apart-by-swat-says-this-is-an-abomination-this-is-an-atrocity

If I was the owner, they wouldn't have been able to put my comments on the air.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

But that wasn't the situation. He was alone in the house. The others were out.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I would have wanted them to attend to the problem in a manner similar to other advanced societies or G7 nations (or at the least, like persons with IQs above 70).

Your ill trained police have to learn methods other than those of a Bruce Willis action movie.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Ok the article on reddit never said the dispatcher got the kids out, it just said he took hostages.

I bet they tried gassing through the existng windows but he barricaded himself in interior rooms with so they made exterior openings to get the gas in or flush him out.

Another option was to cut utilities off, and sit there with a negotiatior for however many days it took this dude to come out peacefully, comit suicide, or go out by suicide by cop.

The next option was a static or dynamic entry by swat....it probably would not have ended without someone getting shot.

As for the man saying $250,000 damages....bahahahaha really!

If my wife and child were in that house I wouldn't want the cops blasting big holes into the house. If it's knocking down huge chunks of wall then someone could also very easily get hurt.
There could have also very easily been an electrical fire which might have killed everyone.
Looks like your going to find a way to justify this over use of force also.
Your starting to make it clear what's wrong with the police these days.
Use way more force then is necessary and then make up all sorts of excuses to justify that use of force.
What do you think would be a fair dollar amount to get this house back in the condition that it was?
Maybe 250g is slightly excessive. Cops inflate numbers all the time. You bust someone with 10 pounds of pot and then claim it had a value of 5 million dollars.
I guess it's only ok when you guys do it.

250,000: location, location, location. The cheapest freestanding house there on Zillow is over twice that much.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

swisschris62

If my wife and child were in that house I wouldn't want the cops blasting big holes into the house. If it's knocking down huge chunks of wall then someone could also very easily get hurt.
There could have also very easily been an electrical fire which might have killed everyone.
Looks like your going to find a way to justify this over use of force also.
Your starting to make it clear what's wrong with the police these days.
Use way more force then is necessary and then make up all sorts of excuses to justify that use of force.
What do you think would be a fair dollar amount to get this house back in the condition that it was?
Maybe 250g is slightly excessive. Cops inflate numbers all the time. You bust someone with 10 pounds of pot and then claim it had a value of 5 million dollars.
I guess it's only ok when you guys do it.

This shows you have no clue about swat tactics. You cut off the utilities first...no gas no electricity, no water.....

They diddn't use c4 shape, or strip charges to explosively breach, looked like a ram attachment to push in the holes. There would have been little life threat to anyone inside.

Trust me your over your head in understanding the tactics. This is where I used to work as a contractor. http://m.state.gov/mc8583.htm

Trust me your over your head in understanding the tactics. This is where I used to work as a contractor. http://m.state.gov/mc8583.htm

I guess that explains why you think reddit is a reliable source of intelligence.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

""This is an abomination," he said. "This is an atrocity. To use this kind of force against one gunman."

Wow,
This stuff just keeps getting sillier by the minute.
I guess if it was 15 gunman it would be okay, or maybe just 2, or maybe more than 2, but less than 5.

I can understand the guy being pissed, but this dude took people hostage and was shooting at people.

A 20 hour standoff disrupts the entire area on many different levels. I know, I've been involved in a few. At some point someone has to make the decision to go get the guy.

Perfect example of damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Overkill, maybe, but the guy shooting started it. The cops finished it. I'm assuming he was taken alive, that used to be enough.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

I think it was Ban Me Thout.

My quote was on an accounting program I had, "Managing Your Money." It always gave me a chuckle. It was so out of place.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RMK

I would have wanted them to attend to the problem in a manner similar to other advanced societies or G7 nations (or at the least, like persons with IQs above 70).

Your ill trained police have to learn methods other than those of a Bruce Willis action movie.

Anybody remember Chris Dorning, the ex-cop who went rogue on a terroristic rampage himself? He ended up barricaded in some house in the woods and completely surrounded. He wasn't going to give up. He was going to die rather than be taken alive.

How the fuck do you deal with THAT? You tell me. They started taking the house apart wall by wall IIRC and at some point started a fire hoping to flush him out, but he likely shot himself in the head.

There's no negotiating with people like that.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

***I would have wanted them to attend to the problem in a manner similar to other advanced societies or G7 nations (or at the least, like persons with IQs above 70).

Anybody remember Chris Dorning, the ex-cop who went rogue on a terroristic rampage himself? He ended up barricaded in some house in the woods and completely surrounded. He wasn't going to give up. He was going to die rather than be taken alive.

How the fuck do you deal with THAT? You tell me. They started taking the house apart wall by wall IIRC and at some point started a fire hoping to flush him out, but he likely shot himself in the head.

There's no negotiating with people like that.

Except your veiled implication is that this perp was "a person like that"; but I don't see where that's been shown. Yes, he was in deep trouble, and yes, he was barricaded, but he hadn't shot, much less killed anyone, he was simply trapped. And not even, in the final stages, with hostages. Nothing in the reported facts that indicates he was continuing to send lead downrange, either (though obviously he was still armed & dangerous). Bottom line, I really don't see why they couldn't have cut off the utilities, given him time to calm down a bit and get fatigued, let a professional police negotiator do his thing, and waited him out. I just don't see the exigency in using such haste in this instance.