swisschris62

Cop shoots unarmed kid -graphic

cvfd1399

Which ends up at $35,720. So exactly where was I lying?

the average as I have shown is around 35k.

Right there. 'Average' and 'lowest' are not the same thing.

Again, your link even has a page, which I showed you, that sates the average entry level pay for the US. What possible excuse could you have besides lying for still getting it wrong?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

cvfd1399

What does that imply to you what Dillon was thinking? Im not asking you to be a cop at that specific time, im talking right here right now what do you think Dillon was trying to do? A depressed, documented suicidal person confronted by cops with guns understanding the situation he is in and says Na fool to an armed cop, then jerks his hands up?

Act like a big man in front of his friends, probably.

Still, that's not really relevant. If a cop screams at someone to put their hands up they don't get to shoot someone who puts their hands up quickly unless they clearly see a weapon. If that's more dangerous for them then it's more dangerous for them. That's the job.

jakee

***Which ends up at $35,720. So exactly where was I lying?

the average as I have shown is around 35k.

Right there. 'Average' and 'lowest' are not the same thing.

Again, your link even has a page, which I showed you, that sates the average entry level pay for the US. What possible excuse could you have besides lying for still getting it wrong?

You are being completely full of it and im done talking about it. Your still missing the intent and it wasn't dependent on an exact dollar number it was just the point that 75k is not the norm. You just can't see the forest but for the trees.

swisschris62

You might call an 18 or 19 year old a kid but not a 20 year old?
Your kidding right?
See how these 3 guys are dressed in their baggy clothes and shorts...
Looks like your typical group of loser kids who are probably up to no good.
Doesn't mean they deserve to get shot.
The guy was wrong for walking away and it wasn't smart to put his hands in his pants but it was the cop who told him to take his hands out of his pants.
No sooner did he do that he got shot.
If these cops were so worried about a gun should they have ignored the other two and only focused on the one?

I'm not kidding at all. I might say they were 'acting like kids' but a 20 year old is not a kid. And an 19 or 18 year old isn't really either - in many places they can drink, vote, join the army, etc.... That's an adult.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

cvfd1399

You are being completely full of it and im done talking about it. Your still missing the intent and it wasn't dependent on an exact dollar number it was just the point that 75k is not the norm. You just can't see the forest but for the trees.

Again, that's simply not true and again, you should realise that the other thread still exists with your words in black and white.

Your point, as you made very clear, was that cops in the US aren't paid enough to bother doing a decent job. To support that argument you pulled a major lowball figure out of your arse. Either you can't understand that or you're still lying just to avoid admitting a simple mistake. Seriously, wouldn't that have been so much easier in the first place?

Hey, I've just remembered why this is so familiar. Thee was that time you claimed Obama enabled Ebola with an executive order opening the borders and it was total bollocks. You then spent several pages claiming you were right all along because Obama once said something completely different that vaguely related to borders.

You seem to have a real problem understanding that when you say something it really does mean what you said.

So another piece of advice - if you don't want to be held to the specifics of the things you say, don't be fucking specific. Because if you do and it's wrong, it's your fault. It's not the fault of the people reading it and taking your words at face value, it's not our job to be your mind readers.

cvfd1399

Once again bullshit projecting and absolutely incorrect. I love that the thread still exists it shows how you are missing the point.

Yeah, the thread shows exactly what happened. You used a grossly inaccurate number to try and support your argument and kept inisting it was correct despite clearly being shown otherwise by your own sources.

It's just fascinating that you're unable to admit a clear mistake. Heck, you just tried to explain that your average figure was correct because you took the lowest number and added $5k to it. Even if you dropped maths before high school you must know that's not how you get an average number, so why keep arguing it is?

Maybe I wrote something that wasn't clear...
If I did I didn't do it intentionally.

I'll try and clear it up....
Absolutely, should a 20 year old be held as an adult if he's done something wrong.
What I was talking about was how you would describe that person.
I thought I made that clear with my examples.
Apparently it didn't come across that way.
Alls I'm saying is...( I'll try one more time...)
Let's say your at a football game and some jerk just spilled beer on you.
You turn around it's these 3 guys...
Would you be thinking...one of these 'men' spilled beer on me or would you be thinking...one of these "kids"spilled beer on me?

I'm also not saying that I would describe every 20 year old as a 'kid'.
It's all about the appearance and attitude and maturity.
This person ( to me) appeared to be leaning toward the immature side.
Society is partly to blame that this sort of thing is acceptable.

When I was 20 most of the people I had grown up with were clueless as to what they were going to do with their lives.
I on the other hand was already fully immersed in my families business.
I wasn't running around on the streets...I was pulling apart truck motors in my dad's shop and running freight intra state.

I really thought I made it clear what I was trying to say.
Does this clear it up any?
By no means was I trying to say if a 20 year old commits a crime that he shouldn't be treated as an adult.
Regardless, I don't think this guy deserved one in the chest.

I still disagree. I don't think of a 20 year old as a 'kid' - pretty much ever. Unless maybe they were developmentally delayed - and when I say that I mean actually diagnosed mentally impaired.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.

Fine. You don't, he does. BFD. I only call them kids when I'm thinking about comparative age, or saying something patronizing and smug :):P

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

DanG

Ever hear the phrase "college kids"? How old do you think they are?

I would think 18 or 19, maybe 17, and I don't think it's a real common phrase, at least not where I live. Aren't we done with this yet?

normiss

Then, in your 40's or 50's, you catch yourself using the term "kid" in reference to a young adult.
Typically I think the subconscious response is "Damn! I'm old!"

It happens.

No argument here.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

swisschris62

I wasn't trying to be deceptive or make it sound worse..I said "kid", I didn't say "young boy".
I 'tip' the 'kid'at the truck wash.
The 'kid' drove by me on a rice rocket doing 150.

You don't use the word 'kid' when describing someone young who's clearly a 'kid'?

I don't know if he was a kid, but he was the cop's Buddy.... "talk to me Buddy..." pathetic
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

skypuppy

I still disagree. I don't think of a 20 year old as a 'kid' - pretty much ever. Unless maybe they were developmentally delayed - and when I say that I mean actually diagnosed mentally impaired.

Maybe cops should be required to learn something about adolescent brain development. Impulse control and emotional maturity don't fully materialize until the mid 20s. Calling someone "adult" because they reach 18 or 21 doesn't mean they are really adult in brain development.

www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-teen-brain-still-under-construction/index.shtml?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=2c0fa9560b-LifeSiteNews_com_Intl_Full_Text_12_18_2012

An understanding of how the brain of an adolescent is changing may help explain a puzzling contradiction of adolescence: young people at this age are close to a lifelong peak of physical health, strength, and mental capacity, and yet, for some, this can be a hazardous age. Mortality rates jump between early and late adolescence. Rates of death by injury between ages 15 to 19 are about six times that of the rate between ages 10 and 14. Crime rates are highest among young males and rates of alcohol abuse are high relative to other ages. Even though most adolescents come through this transitional age well, it’s important to understand the risk factors for behavior that can have serious consequences. Genes, childhood experience, and the environment in which a young person reaches adolescence all shape behavior. Adding to this complex picture, research is revealing how all these factors act in the context of a brain that is changing, with its own impact on behavior....

The scans also suggest that different parts of the cortex mature at different rates. Areas involved in more basic functions mature first: those involved, for example, in the processing of information from the senses, and in controlling movement. The parts of the brain responsible for more "top-down" control, controlling impulses, and planning ahead—the hallmarks of adult behavior—are among the last to mature.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.