swisschris62

Cop shoots unarmed kid -graphic

Dillon Taylor was not armed when a Salt Lake City police officer shot him to death outside a convenience store.

But in that moment on Aug. 11, Officer Bron Cruz had good reason to think Taylor was pulling a gun out of his pants, Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill ruled on Tuesday.

Taylor, 20, and the two men he was with matched the descriptions of a 911 caller who said three men had "flashed" a gun. And Cruz saw them "making a scene" on their way to the 7-Eleven near 2100 S. State Street.

Confronted by officers, the two men with Taylor held up their hands, while Taylor alone was "noncompliant."

Body-cam video shows that Taylor turned toward officers with his hands in his pants before hoisting his shirt — a gesture officers are trained to recognize as a possible weapon-draw.

Nothing I say here is going to change anyones mind. He should have waited until he actually saw a gun. But it was FAR from a ooh, let me pull over today and shoot someone in the face. He matched a description of someone flashing a firearm, he did not freeze(I guarandamntee you he heard the cops yelling, I cut grass with iphone earbuds in and even with the volume up and the mower running I can still hear sounds around me), and he had his hands in his pants. If you diddnt read this which I bet most wont before you hit reply to bash me I want to say the cop was in the wrong, but I could see the events that lead to the shooting could happen to a person[:/]

cvfd1399

Dillon Taylor was not armed when a Salt Lake City police officer shot him to death outside a convenience store.

But in that moment on Aug. 11, Officer Bron Cruz had good reason to think Taylor was pulling a gun out of his pants, Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill ruled on Tuesday.

Taylor, 20, and the two men he was with matched the descriptions of a 911 caller who said three men had "flashed" a gun. And Cruz saw them "making a scene" on their way to the 7-Eleven near 2100 S. State Street.

Confronted by officers, the two men with Taylor held up their hands, while Taylor alone was "noncompliant."

Body-cam video shows that Taylor turned toward officers with his hands in his pants before hoisting his shirt — a gesture officers are trained to recognize as a possible weapon-draw.

Nothing I say here is going to change anyones mind. He should have waited until he actually saw a gun. But it was FAR from a ooh, let me pull over today and shoot someone in the face. He matched a description of someone flashing a firearm, he did not freeze(I guarandamntee you he heard the cops yelling, I cut grass with iphone earbuds in and even with the volume up and the mower running I can still hear sounds around me), and he had his hands in his pants. If you diddnt read this which I bet most wont before you hit reply to bash me I want to say the cop was in the wrong, but I could see the events that lead to the shooting could happen to a person[:/]

That's because the cheap basic pieces of shit don't seal. Anyone using remotely decent earbuds can get pretty well isolated.
cavete terrae.

billvon

>Good thing he didn't have a hoodie.

Or Skittles.

But the kid was white, so I guess it doesn't really matter. Only Black Lives Matter....:S
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

winsor

***>Good thing he didn't have a hoodie.

Or Skittles.

With a Wrist Rocket I can put your eye out with a Skittle at 10 paces.

At the speed of light, I can blow you apart with a cotton ball.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

Because everyone fears a kid walking down the street listening to music?

In reality that is pretty subjective.

Location, circumstances, body language all fall into it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Yes you can post on the internet how you are going to kill somebody and be protected by the Supreme Court....or you can walk down the street and do as you are told and get shot...because circumstances and body language.

Sorry, just doesn't make much sense.

SkyDekker

Yes you can post on the internet how you are going to kill somebody and be protected by the Supreme Court....or you can walk down the street and do as you are told and get shot...because circumstances and body language.

Sorry, just doesn't make much sense.

No, it doesn't. But people don't make much sense either sometimes.

You can go to a game and part of the entertainment is a demo team jumping into the stadium, a bad decision, a chain of events and the jumper turns low and kills a littl girl, out for daddy/daughter day.

That doesn't make much sense either.

All part of the worlds worst virus ever, humanity.

cvfd1399

idiot 'kid' was likely reaching to turn down his music player

also - good evidence of why body cams are useful

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

turtlespeed

***Because everyone fears a kid walking down the street listening to music?

WOO HOO... Summary death sentences for all young men with saggy pant's.... with their drawers showing.. yeah.. that's the ticket that Murica was built on.:S:S:S

Judge Dredd LIVES.

Amazon

******Because everyone fears a kid walking down the street listening to music?

WOO HOO... Summary death sentences for all young men with saggy pant's.... with their drawers showing.. yeah.. that's the ticket that Murica was built on.:S:S:S

Judge Dredd LIVES.

What?

How the hell did you get there, from my statement?:)

turtlespeed

*********Because everyone fears a kid walking down the street listening to music?

Judge Dredd LIVES.

What?

Body Language shouted... I need to be shot dead.... WTF..

This cop fucked up big time and he knows it..... he left his drop gun at home.

Amazon

************Because everyone fears a kid walking down the street listening to music?

Judge Dredd LIVES.

What?

Read the whole thing.
His statement was a black and white way of looking at it.

You can't tell me that if you are responding to a call of a guy brandishing a firearm, and the kid turns around and pulls something out of his pants that meets the description, you would not have a different preparedness level than if you were answering a call about a kitten stuck in a tree.

turtlespeed

***************Because everyone fears a kid walking down the street listening to music?

Judge Dredd LIVES.

What?

Read the whole thing.
His statement was a black and white way of looking at it.

You can't tell me that if you are responding to a call of a guy brandishing a firearm, and the kid turns around and pulls something out of his pants that meets the description, you would not have a different preparedness level than if you were answering a call about a kitten stuck in a tree.

I wonder when you guys will stop coming up with the incessant excuses to support the outright murdering of so many American citizens by a gang of bullies who have been given so much power to affect so many lives. Sorry but this " I feared for my life" get out of jail free forever card is getting pretty old to MOST Americans. Will it need to happen to you personally?

That MAN got shot because this cop got shot
https://youtu.be/q4lkK0Si-1g?t=43s

And this cop got shot
https://youtu.be/_IIt4mwFe04?t=22s

And this cop got shot
https://youtu.be/i4FbLm99znU?t=1m46s

And this cop got shot
https://youtu.be/b5qDRDPI2xQ?t=26s

I could go on and on, but lets not line the pockets of those youtube users.

What would you do in those situations?
Too late your dead.....

You act like the mayor that wants a new police SOP that states you have to get shot or shot at first to return fire....I think that's the only thing that will make people like you happy.

You cant just accept the fact that sometimes shit just happens due to the situation lining up just right, and the operator of the weapon being a human and not a robot.

A cop responds to a call of someone brandishing a firearm, guy is walking away, turns around to see multiple cop cars, cops approaching him yelling, and he puts both hands in his waistband....

From what I have shown you above it takes a FRACTION of a second for someone to draw and shoot on you when they already have their hands on the weapon as this person might have already had.

He was wrong, and it still amazes me how people like you are "shocked" that something like this could happen...its a bag of bones with a sack of jelly making a fractional second decision of life or death.

Its funny when people bitch because they get hardcore training and good weapons, then also bitch that they are under trained, stupid, and should never be a cop.....I get it, I get it.

What did that 20-yr-old "Man" do to deserve death? Listen to music with ear buds? Questionable fashion sense? What crime was he convicted of that required execution?

Serious question: in all that "training" that police supposedly get, do they ever have to play the role of an innocent citizen, paying attention to something else entirely (listening to music, searching for something on a store shelf, etc) who is completely out of the blue confronted with some screaming voice from behind them? Of course you couldn't do this in a classroom type setting, because then they would be expecting something to happen. You would have to do this totally at random, on a day off for example. Come up from behind, suddenly scream something at them, and if they fail to comply instantaneously and do exactly what you screamed at them, shoot them with a paintball gun. Who (besides a hyped-up cop) could possibly be surprised that people will turn around to see who is screaming at them, or move to turn down their mp3 player?

In this case the cop was aware of what was going on. It was up to him to stay in control of his emotions. The victim never had any idea of the situation. He likely died without any fucking idea of what had just happened. Further, there was a second cop approaching from the side that you can see in the video. Had Officer Trigger-happy waited another couple of seconds that cop would have been in a position to catch the attention of the victim, and the matter could have been resolved with no injury to any party other than a few minutes lost to establish he was unarmed and not the person the police were looking for.

This seems clearly to be yet another case where a cop needlessly acts in a way that puts themselves in a situation where they need to make a split-second decision. Inevitably these are judged to be "good kills" based only on the last one or two seconds of the interaction, rather than asking how the officer found themselves in that situation. They are "good kills" because it is human nature to turn to look at whoever is screaming at you, and it is human nature to turn down the volume of your music before attempting to speak to someone. Somehow these completely human and entirely predictable actions become justification for summary execution. Now another person is dead, their family left to mourn their senseless death, perhaps a spouse and children thrust into bottomless grief and a very real threat of a sudden detour into a life of poverty due to loss of a breadwinner. But the cops can pat each other on the back and say "good kill".

That is truly fucked up.

Don