quade

Anyone want to predict how this goes down?

wmw999

I'm not aware of any mosque stating the same in the US either. Must individuals. But my HOG club in Houston in the 90's definitely didn't wear bottom rockers because of the Bandidos. Stated out loud.

Wendy P.

Nor am I. But Imans in other parts of the world state it pretty clearly.

HOG is the "official" club of the H-D company. So any policies are coming from the corporate office.

The Banditos have made it pretty clear that they "claim" Texas. The "dispute" with the Cossacks shows how serious it is taken.

For a company sponsored club to make a decision to not piss off an outlaw club isn't all that surprising. The hypocrisy of the H-D leadership, where they promote the "outlaw image" while trying to attract the "RUB" types is hilarious. Kowtowing to an outlaw club over a logo is right in line with that. Keep in mind that the HOG logo is copyrighted, but so are most of the outlaw club logos.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

And the three element patch is a hallmark of the outlaw clubs, although there are lots of "non-one-percent" clubs that wear it.

And absolutely none of them wear it without permission.

I'm not aware of any bike clubs publicly stating that they will kill anyone who puts a bottom rocker on their colors.

Nine just died in a pretty public shootout for that reason. How much more of a public statement do you need? Press Release?

SkyDekker

And absolutely none of them wear it without permission.

Nine just died in a pretty public shootout for that reason. How much more of a public statement do you need? Press Release?

"Permission" is a little overstated. Starting a club and throwing on a 3 element patch is "claiming territory." Doing that without the approval of those who already claim that territory can lead to trouble.
Sometimes a startup will earn the respect of the other area clubs, sometimes they pay tribute, sometimes they fold.

The basic feud between the Cossacks & Banditos is over the bottom rocker. The Banditos "Claim" Texas, and for the Cossacks to also claim it is an infringement. It seems the Cossacks aren't backing down.

But the recent shooting incident, while a byproduct of that feud, was started when someone ran over someone else's foot, if I understand the story correctly.

The Bs & Cs were actually being reasonably civil towards each other at the beginning.

Yeah, I'm parsing a bit.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

"Permission" is a little overstated.

Not really. If you want to ride around with a three piece patch (in some states even any patch) and you have not approach your local dominant for permission, you will be asked to defend your right to wear it.

And there are very few in teh US who care that an organization which supposedly only consists of buddies who like to ride together, will very violently enforce a dress code across a state.

Obviously if a muslim would state he would violently attack anybody not adhering to his dress code, there would be a national outcry. I think that was the point that was being made.

Coreeece

not cool dude....that kinda messed me up.

You really should make it a clickable link with a warning to give people the option of looking at it or not..

I fix for you and if is mess you up, how you think no-head child felt? Reality mess you up sir?

Slater
McConkey es Dios

Slater

***Speaking of assholes, do you mind giving people an NSFW before doing that? Even in a forum like this, there are a few basic rules of the road.

Sorry. I is forget reality not acceptible here.

Slater

I actually presumed you'd probably you'd say that. Well, it's not a matter of being afraid of reality. It's a matter of basic courtesy that you give people the option to click on a link or not so they can decide for themselves, or can wait until they're on a computer that can't be observed by others. Unless you're 14 years old, please try acting like an adult.

Slater

***Speaking of assholes, do you mind giving people an NSFW before doing that? Even in a forum like this, there are a few basic rules of the road.

Sorry. I is forget reality not acceptible here.

Slater

I've tried to make arguments in the past thinking that the pure shock value would drive them home, but all it really did was detract from the point I was trying to make and just made look and feel like a huge ass...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Slater

***not cool dude....that kinda messed me up.

You really should make it a clickable link with a warning to give people the option of looking at it or not..

I fix for you and if is mess you up, how you think no-head child felt? Reality mess you up sir?

Slater

So the hate America theme continues for you...[:/]

Perhaps you could work for social justice in your own homeland.

Slater

***not cool dude....that kinda messed me up.

Slater

Yes...I used to be able to handle all kinds of gore, but for some reason I've become very sensitive to it all after my conversion to christianity.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

I don't care if posting PMs is a faux pas. I really dont.
Subject:

johnnymarko: not a ral skydiver are you?

Ever since AAD all American skydivers are PUSSIES.

Can't handle truth or reality.

Talk smack about guy hosting CARTOON contest but freak out when see stuff Muslims do.

Grow a pair, little boy.

Slater

Coreeece

******not cool dude....that kinda messed me up.

Slater

Yes...I used to be able to handle all kinds of gore, but for some reason I've become very sensitive to it all after my conversion to christianity.

OK sir, is fair enough. Sorry for my mistake.

Slater

Edit for answer is wrong spot
McConkey es Dios

I call them even less representative of most Muslims than you are of dz.com posters.

I don't believe any religion has a corner on psychopaths. Right now ISIS seems to be a gathering place for muslim psychopaths (and wannabe's). The Spanish inquisition was a previous one that was Christian. The gulags' guard corps were probably a good example of non-religious ones.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

BTW what is the legal definition of hate speech in US? is there anything about provocation as well? Genuinely curious
'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave.'
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Suslique

BTW what is the legal definition of hate speech in US? is there anything about provocation as well? Genuinely curious

Here's the short answer: Generally speaking, there really is no one, over-reaching, formal definition of hate speech under US federal civil or criminal law. Even though many other countries do outlaw or restrict hate speech, the general rule in the United States is the opposite: the First Amendment to the United States Constitution generally (with a few exceptions) guarantees people the right to engage in just about any kind of speech, including "hate speech".

Re: provocation - sometimes the law allows a person to escape civil or criminal liability for, say, punching a person in the nose in response to so-called "fighting words", i.e., extremely offensive personal insults - but the more modern trend is that the "fighting words" defense usually fails.

Another example of prohibited provocation under US law would be laws that prohibit "incitement to riot". But as a practical matter, the modern trend is that convictions under that law are very difficult to obtain.

kallend

Looks like an overwhelming FAIL for the bigots/morons.

I'm not sure they would see it that way in their minds. I'm fairly certain they're celebrating they've been able to be complete assholes without any repercussions. This might embolden them to commit further acts until we end up with our own version of Kristallnacht.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***Looks like an overwhelming FAIL for the bigots/morons.

I'm not sure they would see it that way in their minds. I'm fairly certain they're celebrating they've been able to be complete assholesfree speech without any repercussions. This might embolden them to commit further acts until we end up with our own version of Kristallnacht muslims allowing free speech to include criticism of their own religion like every other religion in America.

FIFY:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything