piisfish

Toddler shoots himself in the head

http://wtvr.com/2015/05/27/child-shot-in-head-dies/

She said unfortunately, incidents like this are a reminder for all gun owners to keep their weapons in a safe place.

Smith said it’s especially important if people are at your home who may be unfamiliar with guns.
...“You need to be educated on guns, everyone does,” she said, “Even if you’re against guns, even if you never want to own a gun.”

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

...“You need to be educated on guns, everyone does,” she said, “Even if you’re against guns, even if you never want to own a gun.”

Well stated

Thanks for posting
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I wonder if all these people who have their kids shooting themselveskeep their guns afterwards ?
-Do they still want guns ?
-Does "society" deems they are still trustworthy with a gun ?

Leaving loaded guns where 2 yrs old kids can grab them is NOT a valid educational point in my neck of the woods.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

piisfish

Leaving loaded guns where 2 yrs old kids can grab them is NOT a valid educational point in my neck of the woods.

Mine either
and some people should not drive and some should not skydive

So, do we take parachutes and cars away from everyone?
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

So, do we take parachutes and cars away from everyone?

When we allow 2 year olds to use them for their intended purpose, then yes there usually are consequences.

Ah
so you ingore the stories of when 2 yo's have gotten vehicles started and put the in gear causeing injuries and damage

I get that coming from you

oh

and of course only YOUR definition of intended use is acceptable

Got it
Abraham Lincoln

so you ingore the stories of when 2 yo's have gotten vehicles started and put the in gear causeing injuries and damage

List the stories

and of course only YOUR definition of intended use is acceptable

Uhm no, thats not how it works. A car is supposed to drive, a parachute is supposed to slow you down and a gun is intended to fire projectiles.

What did you have in mind for these things? And will you be able to stick to one definition for longer than two posts?

piisfish

I wonder if all these people who have their kids shooting themselveskeep their guns afterwards ?

ETA to fix fat fingering....
I would love to see something like the Swiss ... or I particularly like Israel's way of dealing with a "well regulated militia".

rushmc

Mine either, and some people should not drive and some should not skydive. So, do we take parachutes and cars away from everyone?

You're really doing a crap job of speaking for firearm owners Marc. Strawmanning the hell out of anything someone says isn't helping.

piisfish

The answer to all these questions is that it depends. In many jurisdictions there is criminal liability if a child does something like this with a firearm of yours. If it constitutes a felony or one of a few disqualifying misdemeanors (which depends on the details and, again, the jurisdiction) then, no, society does not deem them trustworthy with a gun anymore. As for whether they would still want guns? I dunno, and I don't have any interest in changing people's wants.