skinnay

God punishes his best followers

The door is always open for you to heed your own advise. I would encourage you to read the Book of Job and pay close attention to the conversation God has with Job. The conversation is found near the end of the book itself. You're also welcome to read some of the writings of St. Thomas Aquinas as it pertains to calamities.

Enjoy your reading.

Boomerdog

The door is always open for you to heed your own advise. I would encourage you to read the Book of Job and pay close attention to the conversation God has with Job. The conversation is found near the end of the book itself. You're also welcome to read some of the writings of St. Thomas Aquinas as it pertains to calamities.

Enjoy your reading.

Meh. Job Is so OT. CHRISTIANS keep telling us the OT is superceded (except when convenient to their position, when it is still relevant).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Meh. Job Is so OT. CHRISTIANS keep telling us the OT is superceded (except when convenient to their position, when it is still relevant).

Too bad Cardinal George has passed. He was local for you. He would have been more than happy to discuss your concerns about the OT etc. i'd have even paid the price of admission to listen to that one on one between you and his eminence.

kallend

***The door is always open for you to heed your own advise. I would encourage you to read the Book of Job and pay close attention to the conversation God has with Job. The conversation is found near the end of the book itself. You're also welcome to read some of the writings of St. Thomas Aquinas as it pertains to calamities.

Enjoy your reading.

Hey, for some of us the Hebrew Scriptures are all we have.

Unfortunately, as the history of a big, dysfunctional family, most or it documents things that didn't work out as planned.

"Hmm, let's see, this was a real goat-rope, and we really screwed the pooch here, and this patriarch was a complete loser, and we sure didn't see that coming, and..."

The fact that such a compendium of malfeasance and disaster should be chosen as the 'basis' for a variety of Universal Religions boggles the mind. I think the Greek/Roman system of mythology is a lot more fun.

BSBD,

Winsor

The fact that such a compendium of malfeasance and disaster should be chosen as the 'basis' for a variety of Universal Religions boggles the mind. I think the Greek/Roman system of mythology is a lot more fun.

I am not one to get in the way of a man picking his pleasure or poison.

skinnay

This guy really works in mysterious ways. I think what we need are some religious people to pray harder or post some bible verses in this thread [:/]

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/28/us/texas-oklahoma-louisiana-storms.html

Nothing earth shaking here. The Bible is pretty clear that suffering and death is to be expected. The Good News is that through Christ we have an eternal hope and the joy of knowing God along the way.

maadmax

***This guy really works in mysterious ways. I think what we need are some religious people to pray harder or post some bible verses in this thread [:/]

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/28/us/texas-oklahoma-louisiana-storms.html

Nothing earth shaking here. The Bible is pretty clear that suffering and death is to be expected. The Good News is that through Christ we have an eternal hope and the joy of knowing God along the way.

+1

The mentality of the OP basically places "God in the Dock," when the real question is, "why do they live in tornado alley?"
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour