airdvr

Deadly month sees 35 killings in Baltimore

No, you ignore the very very very unfortunate fact that ANYONE hellbent on violence and killing one another, general mayhem and destruction is going to carry it out. It's at that point I quit caring whether they kill one another or not. But rest assured, we'll get the bill to pay the taxes for the cleanup and restoraiton.

SkyDekker

Why, touch a nerve with you?

The blatant racism on this site by a fairly large group of posters is quite frankly sickening.

Gee ya think????

What would we do without our daily dose of " oh look what those NEGROES are doing to our country"

The worse part is they can't see that their satin wear is peeking from under their jeans and Carhart wear.

Andy9o8

What would we do without our daily dose of " oh look what those NEGROES are doing to our country"

Moozlims, I suppose. And wetbacks.

Nah. Lawyers. That is one fucked up bunch of people.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

OK...now that you guys have finished the race baiting game let's get back to the heart of the matter. Are Baltimore's police ignoring the problems because they know they aren't wanted?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

OK...now that you guys have finished the race baiting game let's get back to the heart of the matter. Are Baltimore's police ignoring the problems because they know they aren't wanted?

I would suppose that they are just wary of doing anything that can have big negative affects on their livelihood.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***OK...now that you guys have finished the race baiting game let's get back to the heart of the matter. Are Baltimore's police ignoring the problems because they know they aren't wanted?

I would suppose that they are just wary of doing anything that can have big negative affects on their livelihood.

I think they fear that any confrontation of a thug could escalate to the point where they may have to take hostile action or deadly force to the point that may cost them their job or life behind bars...all in the name of racism.

So now what we have are thugs running amok...hopefully it doesn't directly affect the majority of good people in the city of Baltimore such as the mother who slapped her kid silly for rioting...

Who is speaking up for those people? Who is speaking up for the majority of blacks living in these neighborhoods that don't agree with any of this bullshit? Who's protecting them?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

airdvr

Well, they may have backed off on their presence some in response/reaction to the indictment of the cops that killed Freddie Grey.

But if you think that the attitude of the people towards the cops, or the attitude of the cops towards the people is any different than it was last month/last year/for a damned long time, then I disagree.

NPR had a story right around the time of the riots.
People that lived in those areas were interviewed. They made it clear that those are rough neighborhoods. But those who don't deal drugs or run with the gangs aren't in that much danger. At least from the thugs.

However, one guy had a very interesting and troubling statement. Something like:
You really don't want to call the cops, but there are times you have to. You just never know if calling the cops will make the situation better or worse.

Because the cops treat everyone, including the law abiding citizens, like the gangbangers and drug dealers.

Edit fix a typo and add that Ryoder's link is the story I was referring to. Thanks.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

NPR had a story right around the time of the riots.
People that lived in those areas were interviewed. They made it clear that those are rough neighborhoods. But those who don't deal drugs or run with the gangs aren't in that much danger. At least from the thugs.

However, one guy had a very interesting and troubling statement. Something like:
You really don't want to call the cops, but there are times you have to. You just never know if calling the cops will make the situation better or worse.

Because the cops treat everyone, including the law abiding citizens, like the gangbangers and drug dealers.

Link to NPR story: http://www.npr.org/2015/04/25/402160046/to-west-baltimoreans-the-largest-gang-is-the-police
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Andy9o8

Really?

Rich and vibrant culture. Let 'em all kill each other.

Yup...that about says it.

+1

From the Texas Biker Gang Massacre Thread:

SkyDekker: When are the leaders of the white and latino community going to stand up and denounce this?

Boomerdog: Perhaps, because there is no need to address the racial issues (because they are not there) in order to to understand the rage of a bunch white dumbs peckerheads. They are criminals clear and simple so just WTF does race have to do with this?

And yet in this thread Boomerdog gives a big "+1" to "Rich and vibrant culture. Let 'em all kill each other". So let's all face it. In this thread, these guys aren't referring to generic criminals; they're referring to generic Niggers. They just don't want to get caught using the word outside their barstools.

Andy, just cut the shit, ok...you've made plenty of ethnic/gender slurs in these forums - the latest of which was about Asian slant eyes...so stop hiding behind your "liberalism," m'kay?

btw, you didn't put the word "nigger" in quotation marks...that's a no, no in SC and speaks volumes...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Death Toll is now up to 38. Last 2 victims were a mother and a 7 year old child.
http://news.yahoo.com/baltimore-residents-fearful-amid-homicide-spike-083758282.html

Well, lets be honest though. The police would be much more willing to do their job if they were not so afraid to wind up in jail themselves.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-fop-statement-20150528-story.html

Just remember, these murders are being committed by misunderstood youth crying out for opportunity, not thugs.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

airdvr

No I think they are throwing a little tantrum like toddlers would do. A little "work to rule" to feel better.

No I think they are throwing a little tantrum like toddlers would do. A little "work to rule" to feel better.

Hmm, it might be more to do with a prosecutors "social justice" leaning prosecution and burning a bridge with the HUNDREDS of other cops who are out there busting their ass to do the right thing.

I have no problem with the initial stop, nor should the prosecutor. Actions after the arrest are what appear to be criminal negligence and wanton policy violations. Depending on what happened in the transport van, this could include intentional criminal acts. If this stuff is proved, then hammer the officers involved, no one has a problem with that. BUT, when this all shakes out, I'll bet several walk, and some are convicted of lesser charges at best. Because of the hasty manner in which the prosecutor filed the charges.

Proactive police work prevents crime, that is the reality. Take that away and crime rates rise dramatically, and the most at risk population suffers the most.

For those who say "let them kill each other" that is complete horseshit. These acts are committed by a very small percentage of the population, even in "rough neighborhoods". These neighborhoods are full of good people, stuck in bad situations. I worked the inner-city for a long time, and still end up in the area on occasion. I have good relationships with the people in the neighborhoods where I worked. Now I'm dealing with some of their kids, and even grandkids....:S

If I had the answer to this mess, I'd be a rich guy. The cops fucked up by starting this mess, the mayor and city leadership made it worse by a complete lack of leadership, the prosecutors office made it worse by hastily filing criminal charges. This is only going to get worse in the short term, who knows what will happen when this thing is finally adjudicated.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/05/28/she-didnt-like-cops-even-then-baltimore-prosecutor-has-a-past-with-judge-judy-208362

You can't even make this stuff up..........

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Coreeece

Hey bud...it's been awhile.

I know you're a Metallica fan...I was jamming to this tune and thought about this thread.

I never realized how bad-ass Bob Rock was as a sound engineer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj75Arhq5ho

Thanks for that. It's been a couple years. :)

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG