jgoose71

The ultimate gun for pissing off liberals!

The IWI Tavor has been in the U.S. for a while now, but I'm just now getting caught upB|

So, some great features that liberals will hate. High capacity mags, semi-auto, threaded barrel, pistol grip... the standard things that put liberals in a tizzy (except for bayonet lugs, maybe pick one up aftermarket?)

But being a bull pup design, you can have a rifle that has the same overall length as an AR with a 7" barrel but actually equipped with a 16" barrel. A short gun without having to set up a trust and apply for a tax stamp, then wait 6 months for a decision from the ATF!!!

But what I love about this gun the most is that the company is based out of Israel, and buying an IWI gun supports the Israeli military complex! Usually I like to buy American, but I'm thinking I will have to pick one of these up.

Do I need one? Hell no, but I can't think of a better way to support the 2nd Amendment and Israel at the same time!!!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

http://www.iwi.us/TAVOR/TAVOR-TSFD18
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

But being a bull pup design, you can have a rifle that has the same overall length as an AR with a 7" barrel but actually equipped with a 16" barrel. A short gun without having to set up a trust and apply for a tax stamp, then wait 6 months for a decision from the ATF!!!

It's definitely a shorter gun for the barrel length, but an AR with a 7 inch barrel would come in around 23 inches OAL. If the gun were that short it would still be an NFA item even if the barrel is 16 inches long.

jgoose71

The IWI Tavor has been in the U.S. for a while now, but I'm just now getting caught upB|

So, some great features that liberals will hate. High capacity mags, semi-auto, threaded barrel, pistol grip... the standard things that put liberals in a tizzy (except for bayonet lugs, maybe pick one up aftermarket?)

But what I love about this gun the most is that the company is based out of Israel, and buying an IWI gun supports the Israeli military complex! Usually I like to buy American, but I'm thinking I will have to pick one of these up.

Do I need one? Hell no, but I can't think of a better way to support the 2nd Amendment and Israel at the same time!!!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

http://www.iwi.us/TAVOR/TAVOR-TSFD18

Yum.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

champu

***But being a bull pup design, you can have a rifle that has the same overall length as an AR with a 7" barrel but actually equipped with a 16" barrel. A short gun without having to set up a trust and apply for a tax stamp, then wait 6 months for a decision from the ATF!!!

It's definitely a shorter gun for the barrel length, but an AR with a 7 inch barrel would come in around 23 inches OAL. If the gun were that short it would still be an NFA item even if the barrel is 16 inches long.

OAL of a Tavor with a 16" barrel is 26 1/8" (My original estimate might have been off by a couple of inches), but it is not an NFA item.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Not a big fan of bullpups, but I'll take one.

Agreed. Bullpups do have a few drawbacks, notably the trigger feel because of the linkage required to connect the trigger to the trigger pack.

Stock Tavor trigger: 11 lbs
Stock AR trigger: 6-7 lbs

But after only being in the U.S. for a year the aftermarket parts guys are supporting this Rifle. Tinmey and Giessley are already offering trigger packs that bring the trigger weight down to 4.5 to 5 lbs.

There are also .300 Blackout barrels in the works. I guess that is what happens when you sell 20,000 Rifles your first year alone. Can you hear the liberals crying? B|

Even more bizarre is that the RCMP firearms manual specifically bans "bullpups," but - ironically - semi-automatic (Israeli) Tavors and (Chinese) Norinco Type 97 bullpup rifles are considered non-restricted in Canada. Canadian citizens only need a Firearms Acquisition and Possession license to buy either rifle.
The Norinco Type 97 is a civilian version of the Type 95 rifle carried by the Chinese Peoples' Liberation Army. Tavors and Type 97 rifles fire the same 5.56 mm NATO ammunition as American M-16 rifles and M-4 carbines, but the longer barrel improves muzzle velocity and accuracy.
Both rifles have barrels more than 18.6 inches long, but are only about 29 inches long in total, shorter than a banjo!
Tavors sold in the USA are manufactured in the USA to avoid import restrictions.