cvfd1399

Would you be ok with Americans being able to legally consume THC.

Andy9o8

******A) If it isn't worse than tobacco or alcohol, legalize it.

B) Almost nothing is worse than alcohol or tobacco.

Almost nothing?

Death. Death is worse for you than alcohol or tobacco.
That's why attempting suicide is illegal. Bet you don't know what the penalty for that is.

72 virgins?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

*********A) If it isn't worse than tobacco or alcohol, legalize it.

Almost nothing?

That's why attempting suicide is illegal. Bet you don't know what the penalty for that is.

72 virgins?

I am thinking with so many men who could not handle just one woman....... that 72 virgin thing might actually be not heaven for them but the complete opposite. :D

turtlespeed

***A) If it isn't worse than tobacco or alcohol, legalize it.

Almost nothing?

As far as recreational substances go, yeah.

I suppose huffing paint thinner is pretty bad for you, that sort of thing.

Despite all the hysteria, most of the popular illegal drugs are less likely to either cause permanent damage to you or kill you than are booze or tobacco.

LSD? Significantly less dangerous than, say, Scientology.

Marijuana? You have to be kidding.

Cocaine? The biggest downside is the price (okay, so going wild on the stuff is a bad idea, but most people don't).

Narcotics? The primary indication is by virtue of antishock properties. In addition to their analgesic nature, those under their influence REALLY don't care about things that would greatly affect them otherwise. Withdrawal involves becoming reacclimated to background pain and the nasty realities of life (to include the destruction they may have caused while in 'I don't care' mode).

In any event, I highly recommend leaving the stuff alone, but think that the laws proscribing all this dreck are, in the long run, a lot worse than the drugs themselves.

BSBD,

Winsor

SkyDekker

Legalize desomorphine!!

(Krokodil) Pictures and videos not for the faint of heart.

IIRC, the ghastly side effects of the stuff are associated with the chemical impurities typical of its manufacture, not so much the narcotic itself. Again, one of the effects of narcotics is to be okay with things (such as limbs rotting off) that would be otherwise horrific.

If these people were allowed to sit around and smoke opium, I'm sure they'd give the krokodil a pass. Even though they are committing suicide by the installment plan, being able to change their mind at the last moment without permanent damage is a good thing (think parachuting).

BSBD,

Winsor

Amazon

************A) If it isn't worse than tobacco or alcohol, legalize it.

Almost nothing?

72 virgins?

I am thinking with so many men who could not handle just one woman....... that 72 virgin thing might actually be not heaven for them but the complete opposite. :D

Since the addition of the martyr makes it 73 virgins, these are people who deal with sex as an abstraction.

With all the purported libertarians we have in SC you would think that they would support less government intrusion into peoples live.... like the war on drugs that has turned vast numbers of Americans into felons and created a private prison system for profit that relies on a judicial system to feed it.

Then there is the whole issue of being in a police state with so much of the population under surveillance on a daily basis. which so many of them seem to support without question.

"If you are doing nothing wrong.... what is there to worry about"

Amazon

************A) If it isn't worse than tobacco or alcohol, legalize it.

Almost nothing?

72 virgins?

I am thinking with so many men who could not handle just one woman.......

That was after we stopped beating our wives and allowed them to speak...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Andy9o8

******A) If it isn't worse than tobacco or alcohol, legalize it.

Almost nothing?

It is unclear

Is assisted suicide illegal?
In many countries it is also a crime to assist others, whether it be directly or indirectly with the act of suicide. In some cases even encouraging the act of suicide is viewed as a crime. Only under strict legal conditions is assisted suicide approved – and usually this involves an experienced physician.

Suicide Laws: By Country

Below are laws related to the act of suicide as well as “assisted-suicide” throughout various countries.

United States: In the past, many states had laws that regarded the act of suicide as a felony, but these laws were seldom enforced. In the 1980s, 30 out of 50 United States has no laws opposing suicide or attempting suicide. With that said, all 50 states had laws stating that assisted suicide is a felony. Currently there is no law against the act of committing suicide in the United States.

In some cases though, suicide is considered “common law crime” unless the victim can be proven to have been of “unsound mind.” Most lawsuits regarding suicide happen when the person is under supervision of a jail or hospital and the victim’s family sues these institutions for negligence. Physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill is legal in Oregon and Washington.

In cases of physician-assisted suicide, the patient must have less than 6 months to live, be of sound mind, make a request vocally and on paper, have it approved by multiple physicians, and then wait 15 days, followed by another request. In the state of California, all medical facilities are required to send all suicidal people in for evaluation and treatment.

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/07/24/is-suicide-illegal-suicide-laws-by-country/

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

wmw999

And those guys are valuable -- if you know someone reads like that, then you get them to read what you've written for communication (or even more important, for requirements, instructions or laws). Because then you can make it clear for everyone.

We trained people on how to read like that for software verification.

Wendy P.

Sadly, few people want to be told they've made a error somewhere. Most people think nothing they do could ever be wrong. Some give you something to proofread, then ignore the suggested corrections.

It's freakish how few people really want iterative improvement; simply validation how awesome they think they or their ideas are.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

JohnnyMarko

******I'm good with it used in moderation. Of course when did anyone do anything in moderation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

People with self control...????

Us casual users have no problem with self control...

There's always going to be those few idiots though

I'm reminded of a political cartoon from some eons back. It show two beefy policemen walking side by side, and one of them says "I tried marijuana once - it made me want to rape and kill."

Sadly, few people want to be told they've made a error somewhere. Most people think nothing they do could ever be wrong. Some give you something to proofread, then ignore the suggested corrections.

It's freakish how few people really want iterative improvement; simply validation how awesome they think they or their ideas are.

That would be great and much appreciated if this were some sort of school, but instead it's a place that people gather to freely discuss ideas. Some show up to teach grammar and phrasing instead of plainly looking at the intent of the discussion and not go OCD and dive into the super thin details.

That's ok tho, somebody has got to be the good idea fairy, and those guys who sit at the front of a boring class and ask the instructor question after question on every slide at 1700hrs on a Friday.

Wait, what?

I knew we were talking about something . . .

Oh, yeah . . . No, that's not it . . .

Wait, huh, I was going to do something, but . . .

Oh, well,

Wait, what?

There should be no victimless crimes.
You should be able to eat yourself to death,drink yourself to death,smoke yourself to death,starve yourself to death,run with scissors,skydive,big wave surf,base jump,ect.....
I can't understand how anybody,especially extreme sports enthusiast would consider legislating against an individuals freedoms to live there lives anyway they wish, as long as no other individuals are hurt directly by such lifestyle decisions.