cvfd1399

Would you be ok with Americans being able to legally consume THC.

I understand there are issues with legalizing, and taxing, and etc etc. Im asking all that aside would you be ok with it being legal in the governments eyes for a human to consume THC in whatever form they wish?

I say this as I sit here and listen to another call for someone having a seizure from smoking "MOJO" in a hotel room. If you are not familiar with synthetic marijuana, you should look it up, its some real vile shit. Until recently it was legal in Louisiana to buy it at gas stations, but you can still find it very easy under the names mojo, or cloud 9, etc which leads to kids and early 20's to use it instead of the more illegal and harder to get actual weed. We are getting in the Baton Rouge metro area probably 20 calls a week with someone suffering from actual emergencies, and not just anxiety etc.

Another issue is that the government is having a hard time keeping it under control. You cant just make the drug name MOJO illegal so they use the actual chemical names. Well once its on the list the makers of this toxic shit are changing the chemical make up just enough to not meet the definitions, and its back out on the streets with the same effects.

TLDR weed is not harmful but illegal and harder to get so its pushing kids away:MOJO is super toxic, easy to get, and only slightly illegal so thats what they are doing now.

cvfd1399

... for a human to consume THC in whatever form they wish?

I think the last clause of your question is really the problem.

While the natural product off the plant would be almost physically impossible to overdose on, I can imagine that isn't going to be the end of it if the clause, "whatever form they wish" stood.

Let's be realistic. This is 'Murica. Somebody would find a way to concentrate it well beyond anything you could ever currently imagine. Then somebody else would make it one louder. Eventually you'd end up with something that I can conceive of as a dangerous substance.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Is it actually difficult to find weed in the American south now? It's been many years since I lived there, but in prior years if you had $5 in your pocket; you'd have a "nickel bag" in no time in any town/city.

In the southern rural areas, it was more plentiful than over-sweetened ice tea.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

The intent of that statement was to assume the normal joint, bong, pipe, dabs, oils, edibles etc.

Not intended to be to mean super concentrated HD injected into the eyes etc. Im sure if it were legal and that "was" an issue it would be addressed. Im simply asking if you think THC should be legal for consumption in the governments eyes.

RMK

Is it actually difficult to find weed in the American south now? It's been many years since I lived there, but in prior years if you had $5 in your pocket; you'd have a "nickel bag" in no time in any town/city.

In the southern rural areas, it was more plentiful than over-sweetened ice tea.

I'm sure for most (NOT MEANT TO BE RACIST) black kids it isn't hard to obtain real weed due to it being the culture, and the fact that source of most weed is from African Americans in this city not sure if its because they are the growers or the dealers, but that is who is behind the major busts that happen.

On the other hand you bring up something I have not thought of and that its mostly white kids getting screwed up on MOJO, I actually dont remember anyone other than Caucasian kids doing it. So either they are too stupid to get real weed, or its harder for white kids to get real weed so they turn to synthetic.

cvfd1399

The intent of that statement was to assume the normal joint, bong, pipe, dabs, oils, edibles etc.

Understood, but words have meanings. When you use words in an absolute and unlimited way, you open up a Pandora's Box of issues. This is literally the stuff of which laws are made.
quade -

This is literally the stuff of which laws are made.

Right and im not a lawmaker making laws on dz.com, im trying to have a conversation with people who understand that we are generalizing. I even stated that in the first sentence that there are issues with this premise in detail but vote on it as an idea.

I understand there are issues with legalizing, and taxing, and etc etc.

cvfd1399

This is literally the stuff of which laws are made.

Right and im not a lawmaker making laws on dz.com, im trying to have a conversation with people who understand that we are generalizing. I even stated that in the first sentence that there are issues with this premise in detail but vote on it as an idea.
***I understand there are issues with legalizing, and taxing, and etc etc.

and...

in whatever form they wish?

quade -

cvfd1399

Do you not understand the general premise of the question, or are you purposely being obtuse? It's pretty simple I'm not drafting legislation, do you think it would be good for weed to be legal yes or no....

You have to understand that you are talking to Quade...

If you said that the sky was blue, he'd say something like, "well, actually it's azure, but only during a clear sunny day with minimal pollution, otherwise it would depend on your elevation."

...not that that's necessarily a bad thing...I'm just saying.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Marijuana is legal recreationally in four states, plus DC.

You southerners needs to catch up on lots of things. Aren't you guys the last states to de-segregate? legalize gay marriage?

I had to smoke synthetic weed for a while for the job. Synthetic weed is much stronger than the real thing. My friend did have a seizure and that was the turning point and we all quit and started smoking regular weed.

If anything they should enforce it, it should be synthetic weed and coke. Spice is nothing compare to bath salts.

Marijuana prohibition started out of racism. Fix that. It starts by gathering enough signature to put it on a ballot.

Isn't it funny how you guys can pick up alcoholic beverage togo in a drive thru? and not bag of weed from the dispensary?
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

stayhigh

Marijuana is legal recreationally in four states, plus DC.

You southerners needs to catch up on lots of things. Aren't you guys the last states to de-segregate? legalize gay marriage?

I had to smoke synthetic weed for a while for the job. Synthetic weed is much stronger than the real thing. My friend did have a seizure and that was the turning point and we all quit and started smoking regular weed.

If anything they should enforce it, it should be synthetic weed and coke. Spice is nothing compare to bath salts.

Marijuana prohibition started out of racism. Fix that. It starts by gathering enough signature to put it on a ballot.

Isn't it funny how you guys can pick up alcoholic beverage togo in a drive thru? and not bag of weed from the dispensary?

It would really bad for business... What would all those private prisons do???

How would the people in the judicial system cope without the revenue stream from all those kickbacks.

You either support smaller government and fiscal responsibility or you don't.

I could care less how someone chooses to pollute their body.. but I would rather deal with a laid back dope smoker than a raging violent drunk any day.

They have a bill in the legislation right now to lower the sentences in HALF for weed. Total savings for cutting all sentences in half a whopping $4 million. Please tell me again how they are doing it for the money, that's chump change.

quade

***... for a human to consume THC in whatever form they wish?

I think the last clause of your question is really the problem.

While the natural product off the plant would be almost physically impossible to overdose on, I can imagine that isn't going to be the end of it if the clause, "whatever form they wish" stood.

Let's be realistic. This is 'Murica. Somebody would find a way to concentrate it well beyond anything you could ever currently imagine. Then somebody else would make it one louder. Eventually you'd end up with something that I can conceive of as a dangerous substance.

You mean maybe as dangerous as, say...

Alcohol?

LD-50 BAC is somewhere a little under 0.50%. Legally drunk behind the wheel (OWI/DUI) is 0.08% most places, it used to be 0.10%.

It's pretty hard to attain lethal levels drinking something relatively weak, like normal beer. Or wine coolers or that sort of thing.

But it's pretty easy to do it with "hard liquor" (whiskey, vodka, gin, ect - anything 80 proof or above).

There used to be a "tradition" local to me for freshly legal-to-drink 18 year-olds (hey, it was a while back).
They would have the "subject" do a shot at each downtown bar, one after the other. They called it the "Death March."
And if the subject didn't puke the booze back up, they ran a pretty significant risk of dying. Two or three died each year when I was a kid.

Even if the THC was concentrated to the point that a large dose would become lethal, I wouldn't have a problem with the legality of it.

I know you like to be picky, Quade. And I see your point.

But I'd be fine with "legally using THC in any form."

Edited for clarity
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

How many are incarcerated because of marijuana related crime in Louisiana?

That's all money there dude, modern day slavery, mostly blacks and latinos, prison system makes shit ton of money.

More inmates=more money.

cvfd1399

I'm sure for most (NOT MEANT TO BE RACIST) black kids it isn't hard to obtain real weed due to it being the culture, and the fact that source of most weed is from African Americans in this city not sure if its because they are the growers or the dealers, but that is who is behind the major busts that happen.

On the other hand you bring up something I have not thought of and that its mostly white kids getting screwed up on MOJO, I actually dont remember anyone other than Caucasian kids doing it. So either they are too stupid to get real weed, or its harder for white kids to get real weed so they turn to synthetic.

That's straight up racist slur right there. I guess stuff like that is normal down south. To the point that you don't even feel that is racism.

White kids don't get rolled because they are white. You don't get that? Bullshit that smoking weed is Black people thing. So you white people sit around and smoke meth? That's not true either. Because of people like you labeling, the racism still goes on.

Smoking weed is human thing.
Some of the biggest growers that I know are white. I've also seen latino growers, and Asian dude at the dispensary. I haven't seen a single black dude working at dispensary or that produces bomb Kush.

You just can't get it because you don't know the right people, or you are out of high-school or college and working full time. Go ask your "White" high school neighbor. I'm sure he can get it within a day or two. I'm pretty sure that he gets it from "Black" dealers :S.

You are getting ripped off if you are paying more than 40 bucks an 8th. 240 an O.

quade

I completely understand the premise of the question. 100%.

You worded it wrong.

No, you're just being unrealistic.

It's pretty easy to make super concentrated booze but unless you're a tramp who can't get anything else no one's out there drinking pure ethanol, are they?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Dabs are pretty much close to drinking 90% rubbing alchohol.

Only good thing about dabs are that you can put it in a vapepen and smoke it just about anywhere.

If dabs stops working what's next? Mainlining pure THC?

And those guys are valuable -- if you know someone reads like that, then you get them to read what you've written for communication (or even more important, for requirements, instructions or laws). Because then you can make it clear for everyone.

We trained people on how to read like that for software verification.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

winsor

A) If it isn't worse than tobacco or alcohol, legalize it.

B) Almost nothing is worse than alcohol or tobacco.

Almost nothing?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***A) If it isn't worse than tobacco or alcohol, legalize it.

B) Almost nothing is worse than alcohol or tobacco.

Almost nothing?

Death. Death is worse for you than alcohol or tobacco.
That's why attempting suicide is illegal. Bet you don't know what the penalty for that is.