Driver1

The Texas Biker Gang Massacre

SkyDekker

....It was a fight over symbolic territory. Stupid thing to die for really.

Not "symbolic". The rockers identify "exclusive economic zones". These territories are defended in much the same way the Italian crime "families" defended their territories, although the Italians were (slightly) less public with enforcement. They also met occasionally to hash out territorial boundaries ...just like the bikers were alleged to be doing at the time of the shootout. But, I don't think the Italians usually got into gun battles during their meetings.

Not "symbolic". The rockers identify "exclusive economic zones".

Not really, those days are over. Their main business is conducted all over the place, petty stuff is kept to territory.

Territory is much more about culture than "business".

Not sure the meeting was specifically for that. Sounds more like it was a regional Defenders or CoC meeting. Don't think anybody would expect the bottom rocker issue to be resolved through non-violent methods lol

normiss

There are some really dumb people that don't understand that and somehow think it's "cool" to be a 1%er.
:S

I am much more ambitious, and tenacious.
I am a 2%r that's like twice as good as a 1%r.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

There are some really dumb people that don't understand that and somehow think it's "cool" to be a 1%er.
:S

Agree absolutely. The #1 reason you won't find any "support" stickers on my Harley's, riding in any club-promoted rides, or participating in their "image" events like Toy Runs.

Mind you, I avoid all the others too - motorcycle clubs featuring police, vets, Christians, etc. Bikes are for riding, not show-boating.

Really, would you wear your freefly suit to Safeway? [:/]

Mind you, I avoid all the others too - motorcycle clubs featuring police, vets, Christians, etc. Bikes are for riding, not show-boating.

Same here, with the exception of the Patriot Guard Riders.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

motorcycle clubs featuring police

Quite frankly they are almost the worst as far as I am concerned. Biker culture and LEO culture are at opposing ends. LEO bikers want to play the part and then hide behind their badge when they step on their dicks.

Absolutely no respect for LEO in an MC.

JohnnyMarko

Haha...I was about to type "I don't think biker gangs like us homos", then I clicked the link :D:D

Hey, both groups are into leather, right?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Andy9o8

would you wear your freefly suit to Safeway?

Nope; those are for Clown College.

I was in a rush and needed batteries and an hd card for my camera, once. I walked into Walgreens with my camera suit on, so why would a freely suit be odd?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ryoder

Haha...I was about to type "I don't think biker gangs like us homos", then I clicked the link :D:D

Hey, both groups are into leather, right?:D

I don't know, come down to Cheesman and we'll find out :$

LEO bikers want to play the part and then hide behind their badge when they step on their dicks.

There are two main groups, The Blue Knights, they are pretty benign. But still enjoy the whole vest and color thing, I never got that. I joined for a year and it just wasn't for me.

The Warthogs are a different story, it's cops and firemen. They run it like a wanna-be 1% club, I just don't get it. I know a few guys in, but I don't get the attraction.

They aren't hiding behind their badges, they are flaunting them, which again, I just don't get or agree with.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

skycop

LEO bikers want to play the part and then hide behind their badge when they step on their dicks.

There are two main groups, The Blue Knights, they are pretty benign. But still enjoy the whole vest and color thing, I never got that. I joined for a year and it just wasn't for me.

The Warthogs are a different story, it's cops and firemen. They run it like a wanna-be 1% club, I just don't get it. I know a few guys in, but I don't get the attraction.

They aren't hiding behind their badges, they are flaunting them, which again, I just don't get or agree with.

I think many here don't understand the difference between a motorcycle club and a motorcycle group. "Harley owners group", is a benign group, they wear their patches very differently than a club, they can ride anywhere, they are making no territorial claims. MC's are just a little bit more nefarious.

Years ago, I joined a very very tame MC, I had no idea what I was doing, I had only been riding for about a year. A few months after being patched in, I had a knock at my door, it seemed that another local and much larger MC was not thrilled that I was wearing my colors on this part of the continent. All things considered, they were very nice. They followed me back to my closet for my vest and and then they were gone.

And FWIW, when our club was formed, it was all good with the big club, there was then some very bad blood in house with the other group, that's why we got shut down, all in all, a very interesting experience.

normiss

There are also vanilla MC's, not all are 1%er clubs nor are they "ER nefarious" in any way.
There are quite a lot of the new poser MC's out there that are almost as silly as the 1%er clubs, just without the law breaking.
:D:D:D:S:S:S

All I know is that in Californian, if you have a 3 piece cut, and you don't have the proper support, it can be trouble. There's lots of motorcycle groups here with Lots of different patches, once you get to a bottom and top rocker, it's a different game.

jclalor

***There are also vanilla MC's, not all are 1%er clubs nor are they "ER nefarious" in any way.
There are quite a lot of the new poser MC's out there that are almost as silly as the 1%er clubs, just without the law breaking.
:D:D:D:S:S:S

All I know is that in Californian, if you have a 3 piece cut, and you don't have the proper support, it can be trouble. There's lots of motorcycle groups here with Lots of different patches, once you get to a bottom and top rocker, it's a different game.

In most of North America any patch with MC on it will get attention. Colours, name and top and bottom rocker could all add to type of attention it will garner.