turtlespeed

So, if you want to add . . .

kallend

As the Declaration of Independence makes clear, everyone has rights that are additional to those spelled out in the Constitutioon (as amended).

You don't agree that it would benefit society to have the same approval process for general pregnancy as there is for adoption?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***As the Declaration of Independence makes clear, everyone has rights that are additional to those spelled out in the Constitutioon (as amended).

You don't agree that it would benefit society to have the same approval process for general pregnancy as there is for adoption?

What you're describing amounts to essentially to eugenics, in practical effect. Some on these boards ostentatiously posture to subscribe to that. They're full of hot air. Don't be seduced by it, and don't underestimate its potential for abuse.

Andy9o8

******As the Declaration of Independence makes clear, everyone has rights that are additional to those spelled out in the Constitutioon (as amended).

What you're describing amounts to essentially to eugenics, in practical effect. Some on these boards ostentatiously posture to subscribe to that. They're full of hot air. Don't be seduced by it, and don't underestimate its potential for abuse.

It's not the dark side of the force.

Ok, then tell me why there is such an invasive procedure for adopted children?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

If you look up the history of how eugenics have been applied and abused, it most certainly has the potential to be the dark side of the force.

Analogies sometimes just don't analogize. But I'm on a phone now, and gotta get my Sunday morning going.

Hey Turtle this is pretty absurd. I hope you are just trolling here. I want governments as well as the special interest groups governments they cater to for votes (from both sides of the political fence) to have less control of our lives not more.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

Hey Turtle this is pretty absurd. I hope you are just trolling here. I want governments as well as the special interest groups governments they cater to for votes (from both sides of the political fence) to have less control of our lives not more.

I started this for discussion, but now I am generally curious as to why the adoption process is so hard to complete, while seeing it as completely normal to let these one star people procreate.

turtlespeed

***Hey Turtle this is pretty absurd. I hope you are just trolling here. I want governments as well as the special interest groups governments they cater to for votes (from both sides of the political fence) to have less control of our lives not more.

I started this for discussion, but now I am generally curious as to why the adoption process is so hard to complete, while seeing it as completely normal to let these one star people procreate.

And yet it is far harder or impossible for some couples with personal and financial stability... beautiful homes in great upper middle class neighborhoods with great schools nearby for the adoptee to attend are barred from adopting by local people who should be happy with those criteria because the couple do not conform to the correct religious norms of the ones doing the selections in many parts of this country.

turtlespeed

Because the government is involved.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

turtlespeed

******. . . Buildings to your area, you need a permit.
If you want to improve your land, you need a permit.

It seems to me, if you want to build a child, which is much more of a venture than most buildings, you should need a permit for that too.

If you need a permit to own a gun, you should have to get a license to make a child.

The means and the education should be required.

Verification of qualifications should be required.

Discuss.

Let economics prevail.

If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em.

If anyone goes on the dole during their childbearing years, a condition is that the fertility of anyone receiving compensation is forfeit (by a reversible means).

If someone has such staunch convictions that they won't go with it, fine. They're on their own.

If someone on the dole gets knocked up, their choices are either terminate the pregnancy in the first few weeks or never receive another nickel of compensation.

If someone cannot afford the operation to reverse sterilization during their childbearing years, they can't afford kids.

Unless the next generation of indigent is halted before it is spawned, we will live with it. This was the case when the 'war on poverty' was announced in the '60s, and look what we're stuck with as a result of overlooking the obvious.

BSBD,

Winsor

Which leads again to being bonded.

No need for bonding and permits and the like, just conditions for receiving government assistance, for both men and women. Those that choose to comply are given any assistance needed to survive.

Those that choose not to, don't get any assistance from the government and must depend on assistance from non government sources.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

billvon

>why the adoption process is so hard to complete

Because actively giving a child to secretly abusive parents is a pretty horrific thing to contemplate, and there are (and should be) a lot of safeguards against that.

But letting secretly abusive parent multiply is not? There should be just as many safeguards on those people as well.

turtlespeed

***>why the adoption process is so hard to complete

Because actively giving a child to secretly abusive parents is a pretty horrific thing to contemplate, and there are (and should be) a lot of safeguards against that.

But letting secretly abusive parent multiply is not? There should be just as many safeguards on those people as well.

As the Declaration of Independence makes clear, everyone has rights that are additional to those spelled out in the Constitutioon (as amended).

The right to adopt is not one of them.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******>why the adoption process is so hard to complete

The right to adopt is not one of them.

I could be labeled under the pursuit of happiness.

>But letting secretly abusive parent multiply is not? There should be just as many
>safeguards on those people as well.

There is a difference between the government screwing up and placing a child with an abuser and a child being born to an abuser. In the first case it is the government's responsibility to ensure (as well as they can) that the parent is not abusive, because they are physically delivering the child into their care. In the second case they are not. And that makes a difference.

I do not believe in the maxim that the government is in charge of everything you do.