Amazon

Do as I say... not as I have done.....

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/tennessee-republican-who-pressured-mistress-have-abortion-votes-restrict-them#.VVeRpA9Wojg.facebook

The war on women continues.... more smoke and mirrors.

Now for those of you incapable of clicking a link from a non approved news source...

On Wednesday, 242 members of the U.S. House of Representatives voted to outlaw abortions taking place after 20 weeks gestation. Among them, Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-TN), who has defended his ex-wife having two abortions, and who pressured one of his mistresses to have an abortion after she told him she was pregnant.

“Congressman DesJarlais was proud to vote in favor” of the 20 week abortion ban in Congress this week, Robert Jameson, a spokesperson for the member of Congress, tells the Chattanooga Times Free Press. DesJarlais, a respected physician from Jasper, “has always advocated for pro-life values,” Jameson adds.

Meanwhile, DesJarlais’s website asserts that, “all life should be cherished and protected. [DesJarlais] has received a 100% score by the National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), the oldest and the largest national pro-life organization in the United States.”

Members of the Tennessee and national press have combed through the 675-page court transcript from DesJarlais’ 2001 divorce, and found that he “had sexual relationships with at least two patients, three coworkers, and a drug representative while he was chief of staff at Grandview Medical Center in Jasper, Tenn. During one affair with a female patient, DesJarlais prescribed her drugs, gave her an $875 watch, and bought her a plane ticket to Las Vegas.” One of DesJarlais’ mistresses admitted to the press that she had smoked pot with him, explaining that, “Scott was just a regular guy.” Politico reports that DesJarlais’ ex-wife accused him of pulling out a gun during an argument.

On Wednesday, 242 members of the U.S. House of Representatives voted to outlaw abortions taking place after 20 weeks gestation.

You act like that's a bad thing...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

On Wednesday, 242 members of the U.S. House of Representatives voted to outlaw abortions taking place after 20 weeks gestation.

It's not? Please define your cut off point .
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

In which situation? Not a black and white issue.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

oldwomanc6

It's not?
Come to think of it, maybe it should be sooner?

After reading your post several times, I still fail to see how it refutes the facts presented or further enlightens the issue. Thanks for trying to help, but I still have the impression that the lawmaker mentioned by the OP is making laws for other people to follow that he himself doesn't follow.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Bertt

After reading your post several times, I still fail to see how it refutes the facts presented or further enlightens the issue. Thanks for trying to help, but I still have the impression that the lawmaker mentioned by the OP is making laws for other people to follow that he himself doesn't follow.

Perhaps. Is it a war on women?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

oldwomanc6

I think for a lot of supposedly pro-life( only for the unborn of course) a lot of guys... getting his dick wet for the win.... is the cut off point... biological imperative no responsibility other than to control the life of the silly female that believed his bullshit.

Driver1

******Some people are just ewe fuck stupid.

:P

Far too much little guy with little head thinking...

Your opinion only.

Perhaps if you had a female reproductive organs I might take your opinion as something that actually mattered on this subject.:S:S

Its only the tip of the iceberg. From what I know, based on this law, the obgyn can actually forcefully proceed with a c-section if he thinks that it is needed. There were cases like this already I think in Kentucky, but I need to google that.

P.s. here it is, this is what nightmares are made of [url]http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/23/pregnant-women-forced-c-section[/URL]
'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave.'
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Suslique

Its only the tip of the iceberg. From what I know, based on this law, the obgyn can actually forcefully proceed with a c-section if he thinks that it is needed. There were cases like this already I think in Kentucky, but I need to google that.

P.s. here it is, this is what nightmares are made of [url]http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/23/pregnant-women-forced-c-section[/URL]

Are you pro house or anti abortion?

What does your religion have to say about it, if anything?

turtlespeed

***Its only the tip of the iceberg. From what I know, based on this law, the obgyn can actually forcefully proceed with a c-section if he thinks that it is needed. There were cases like this already I think in Kentucky, but I need to google that.

Are you pro house or anti abortion?

What does your religion have to say about it, if anything?

have you read my post? have you read the article that i shared? islam allows abortions and contraception.

Bertt

I still have the impression that the lawmaker mentioned by the OP is making laws for other people to follow that he himself doesn't follow.

The proposed law is about late-term abortion...where in the article does it talk about him ever supporting that?

Even if he did, his job is to represent his constituents, not his personal self interests.

If a lawmaker drives drunk and lies, does that mean his political stance should support such behavior?

Should a woman lawmaker who suffered traumatic effects from an abortion be dismissed as a hypocrite if she supports such legislation?

Should smokers condone smoking?

Overall, this bill has little chance of becoming law...but hell, why not use it as opportunity to drag another bible-belt republican through the mud...If you people actually fucking cared about the issue, you would've supported him for actually supporting his wife during her dilemma - a dilemma that should take less than 20 weeks to figure out.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is...I've heard many pro-choice women state that they didn't agree with late-term abortion...

Coreeece

*** I still have the impression that the lawmaker mentioned by the OP is making laws for other people to follow that he himself doesn't follow.

The proposed law is about late-term abortion...where in the article does it talk about him ever supporting that?

Even if he did, his job is to represent his constituents, not his personal self interests.

If a lawmaker drives drunk and lies, does that mean his political stance should support such behavior?

Should a woman lawmaker who suffered traumatic effects from an abortion be dismissed as a hypocrite if she supports such legislation?

Should smokers condone smoking?

Overall, this bill has little chance of becoming law...but hell, why not use it as opportunity to drag another bible-belt republican through the mud...If you people actually fucking cared about the issue, you would've supported him for actually supporting his wife during her dilemma - a dilemma that should take less than 20 weeks to figure out.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is...I've heard many pro-choice women state that they didn't agree with late-term abortion...

when they ban late term abortions they put foetus' rights over mother's rights, which means she might be forcefully subjected to c-section or any other medical intervention even if she doesn't want it. her rights as a mother to have natural birth, home birth, water birth, drug free birth might be taken away from her. there were plenty of such cases both in USA and Europe. and this is madness.

Coreeece

ya, there are always exceptions...we are talking about the 99.99% of reality.

these are exceptions because thankfully anti-abortion laws are not accepted in each and every state. even without it there is a disastrous c-section/medical intervention rate in US. (32% in US vs 6% in Norway)