Skyrad

Death sentence for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

rehmwa

I'm still looking for the others that don't care if "he" feels or "thinks" about anything:

Me, I do care what he thinks and feels about. It's kind of why I'm pro death penalty.

As I said earlier, some people just need to be put down. It's the humane thing to do.

They shot ol' yeller, didn't they?

Some people's soles are just so warped and twisted that the very act of living is suffering. When you look at some of the crime scenes around the country and see what some humans are capable of doing to others, you have to ask yourself "is even a rabid dog capable of being this cruel? What has to be wrong with a person to make them do this?"

Sometimes it can be explained and sometimes it can't. Just my $.02
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jakee

Some people's soles are just so warped and twisted that the very act of living is suffering.

So buy new shoes.

If only new shoes could bring Ol' Yeller back to life....:(
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

I'm still looking for the others that don't care if "he" feels or "thinks" about anything:

Me, I do care what he thinks and feels about. It's kind of why I'm pro death penalty.

if you want him to suffer, or be afraid, or experience remorse or whatever.... Those arguments are more about people expressing their emotions/outrage against the criminal. I'm just noting that pro or anti I'm seeing a lot of those sentiments as justification for those positions on the topic.

whatever - that's fine - expressing ourselves is great.

But pandering to people's feelings should have nothing to do with justice. So it's a bad rationalization for or against DP.

But - if 95% of the population (pro-or anti) can't disconnect their emotions from doing the right thing (ie assessing it rationally), rather than the thing that makes them "FEEL" better, then that's actually to biggest argument against the DP I've ever seen. And I'm for a rational application of the DP - I think it's necessary. But the inability of people to be adults about it.......makes me think we aren't capable of doing it right yet.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

The whole thread is distasteful - and 95% about people's visceral feelings. So you know any response is already flawed from the start

Pro DP - we need revenge
Anti DP - make him suffer forever
closure for the families - they are already victims - it's up to them how they recover, justice isn't about those families, it's about everyone.

Pro DP - Calmly and dispassionately remove this threat from society by humanely assassinating the threat.
Anti DP - Calmly and dispassionately remove this threat from society by humanely imprisoning him for life

You see no where in either position should we care one bit about Tsarnaev's experience.....
I was aghast at all the news coverage trying to discern if he felt any 'remorse' - this is entirely unimportant. It's about protecting society, not Tsarnaev's.

My standpoint is that someone as toxically fucked up as is Tsarneaev should be summarily euthanized. You do not send Cujo to the pound for the same reason. As long as he is alive, there exists the potential that he will infect others with the evil that possesses him.

I do not think he should be made to suffer - what's the point? How can you possibly visit upon him the horror of having one's little kid killed? Just put him to sleep and be done with it.

BSBD,

Winsor