Slater

Thinking of God make people risk more

In my life taking risks are a personal decision. Praying to God while doing them provided a sense of comfort and therefore increased my awareness.

Romans 8:
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

ryoder

"Hold my Bible, and watch this!":D

Let hats funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Slater

I do not think this is any great revelation.

It has been demonstrated that getting a Viking to die in battle is much easier if doing so is an instant ticket to Valhalla (the benefits package is AWESOME!).

Telling someone that they can either A) Live out their days in squalor in a fetid shithole or B) Get an instant Ticket to Paradise (tm) if they simply strap some explosives to themselves and go bang in an approved fashion has proved pretty effective. One more virgin into the fray!

The potential for reincarnation at an improved station convinced a large number of applicants to drive explosive laden craft into various vessels of one type or another.

You will find that people facing very real and uncontrollable dangers are much more superstitious than those whose reaction is "fuck that!." Sailors have relied on divine intervention before setting off on the briny deep as long as anyone could tell. It is harder to get up for the game with the knowledge that it was as much of a crapshoot as it has always been.

Anyhow, this story is of the 'dog bites man' variety.

BSBD,

Winsor

Amazon

I plan on going out quietly in my sleep in my old age 20 0r 30 years from now......... everyone else in the car might be screaming but I will be resting:ph34r:

That is a funny joke. But I bet in 20 years driverless technology will be a standard feature and save the rest of people in your car. I am sure they will still be screaming because they will be sad to see you go. :(