regulator

The sheer stupidity of liberalism in today's america

tkhayes

sure becasue conservatives in the country are simply filled with 'love and affection, caring and consiouceness'....especially for the duly elected President of the United States.

speaking of disconnects from reality.....wow.

Are you suggesting that the party of tolerance that those holier than thou belong and subscribe to had warm fuzzy caring consciousness for the last President?

Because if you really believe that there is any difference, you have much MUCH bigger problems.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***sure becasue conservatives in the country are simply filled with 'love and affection, caring and consiouceness'....especially for the duly elected President of the United States.

Are you suggesting that the party of tolerance that those holier than thou belong and subscribe to had warm fuzzy caring consciousness for the last President?

Because if you really believe that there is any difference, you have much MUCH bigger problems.

Sorry but Holier than thou is the realm of the bible thumpin fringe right wing pseudo- Christians.. they have a pretty good lock on that with the constant trotting out of social issues to rally the base to higher levels of Holiness.... but only for the unborn... once born... the holier than thou types seem to think those children are on their own.. till they are old enough to grasp their other holier crutch.... their guns.

Amazon

******sure becasue conservatives in the country are simply filled with 'love and affection, caring and consiouceness'....especially for the duly elected President of the United States.

Sorry but Holier than thou is the realm of the bible thumpin fringe right wing pseudo- Christians.. they have a pretty good lock on that with the constant trotting out of social issues to rally the base to higher levels of Holiness.... but only for the unborn... once born... the holier than thou types seem to think those children are on their own.. till they are old enough to grasp their other holier crutch.... their guns.

So in other words, you are subscribing to the much MUCH more crowd. Gotcha.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

*********sure becasue conservatives in the country are simply filled with 'love and affection, caring and consiouceness'....especially for the duly elected President of the United States.

So in other words, you are subscribing to the much MUCH more crowd. Gotcha.

I subscribe to the fact that the GOP somehow managed to inherit all those Southern Conservatives who proclaim their compassionate conservatism yet destroyed the Party of Lincoln and Eisenhower to become the Party of Perpetual Intolerance.
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/crucifix-open-bible-gun-american-flag-background-shallow-depth-field-29742326.jpg

Amazon

I subscribe to the fact that the GOP somehow managed to inherit all those Southern Conservatives who proclaim their compassionate conservatism yet destroyed the Party of Lincoln and Eisenhower to become the Party of Perpetual Intolerance.
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/crucifix-open-bible-gun-american-flag-background-shallow-depth-field-29742326.jpg

That pic is more descriptive of a boondock saint...I doubt you'll find many crucifixes in the bible belt.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

I love creating posts that get people typing fervently attempting to slice each others throats verbally by insinuating one political party is more intolerant than the other.

You are playing right into this scenerio.

I just pop in from time to time to fill up my bag of popcorn.

regulator

I love creating posts that get people typing fervently attempting to slice each others throats verbally by insinuating one political party is more intolerant than the other.

You are slipping.... no Silly Negroes posts this week...

regulator

Um...

Thread subject line?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Andy9o8

You've allowed a sociopath to troll you.
All is not lost. If he didn't have an outlet like this, he'd probably shoot up a school.

Well, this type of stuff happens on both sides as the consensus of this thread suggests. Wendy's reply is the only true and accurate response. We're sick of this shit.

In a perfect world, I'd be the president...

Vice President: Wendy
Secretary of State: Nerdgirl
Chief of Satff: MaadMax
Press Secretary: Jakee
Secretary of the Treasury:Billvon
Secretary of Defense: Skycop
Department of Homeland Security: Ron
Environmental Protection Agency: Rushmc
Senior Advisors: Rehmwa & Shotgun
Office of National Drug Control Policy: Ryoder
Department of Education: Kallend
Department of Health & Human Services: Jclalor
Supreme court: Andy & Lawrocket
First Lady: Normiss

...I'm sure there's a place for turtle and amazon in there somewhere, but I'm just not sure yet...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

>I love creating posts that get people typing fervently attempting to slice each others
>throats verbally by insinuating one political party is more intolerant than the other.

From the rules:
======================
Personal attacks on another user are a great way to earn some time off, as is posting inflammatory material specifically to provoke a negative response from someone (aka trolling).
======================

No trolling. Your one warning.

regulator

I do find it interesting that those who espouse tolerance for others really can't stand you.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

tkhayes

I am not suggesting ANYTHING. I am simply rebuking the original post that claimed that 'liberals' somehow are less 'loving' than 'conservatives'.

And I did that quite fucking soundly I believe.

your serve

Not really, it came off a lot closer to - "I think is OK because you did it first, nya nya nya nya."

lawrocket

***I love creating posts that get people typing fervently attempting to slice each others throats verbally by insinuating one political party is more intolerant than the other.

I do find it interesting that those who espouse tolerance for others really can't stand you.

Why is it interesting? I know a lot of people who espouse tolerance of gender, tolerance of race, tolerance of religious belief etc. I don't know anyone who espouses tolerance of deliberate arseholes. Why would the two go together? For what reason?

If you claim not to see the difference you're being just as intentionally obtuse and antagonistic as Regulator, IMO.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

lawrocket

***I love creating posts that get people typing fervently attempting to slice each others throats verbally by insinuating one political party is more intolerant than the other.

You have to be tolerant of those people though!

jakee

******I love creating posts that get people typing fervently attempting to slice each others throats verbally by insinuating one political party is more intolerant than the other.

Why is it interesting? I know a lot of people who espouse tolerance of gender, tolerance of race, tolerance of religious belief etc. I don't know anyone who espouses tolerance of deliberate arseholes. Why would the two go together? For what reason?

If you claim not to see the difference you're being just as intentionally obtuse and antagonistic as Regulator, IMO.

Ah - pick and chose tolerances.
My tolerances are much less logical than your tolerances, because your tolerances are better than mine, right?

I remember Mary talking about your glee in "stirring the pot, stirring the pot" :)>:(

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

turtlespeed

My tolerances are much less logical than your tolerances, because your tolerances are better than mine, right?

It depends. But why, why on gods green earth should you be expected to be tolerant of a guy acting like a cunt who's admitted he's acting like a cunt on purpose for no other reason than to wind people up just because you think people should be tolerant of other things like race, religion or gender? Explain that to me.

It's completely nonsensical, and worse than that it's not even an original thought but a tired old soundbite - parroted but never considered.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

It depends. But why, why on gods green earth should you be expected to be tolerant of a guy acting like a cunt who's admitted he's acting like a cunt on purpose for no other reason than to wind people up just because you think people should be tolerant of other things like race, religion or gender? Explain that to me.

It's completely nonsensical, and worse than that it's not even an original thought but a tired old soundbite - parroted but never considered.

You just considered it, never must have just ended.

And the answer is that unless you want to admit that you are just as hypocritical of those that you are passing judgement on, picking and choosing who and what you tolerate is the same as racism, classism, genderism, or any other ism.

You do not have the right to not be offended.

wmw999

I remember Mary talking about your glee in "stirring the pot, stirring the pot" :)>:(

Wendy P.

Sometimes. But I like the hard truth sometimes. Pointing the hypocrisies out to those that have such high opinions of themselves is a mission from God that I was given many years ago.:)

I think tolerance ends and judgment begins when you know names, and have considered them as individuals, and ascribed individual humanity to them. I'm comfortable with thinking Dick Cheney is evil without its being prejudiced against evil old white men :P. Not all handicapped people are noble, not all black people are oppressed, etc

But most people are a mixture of bad and good, stupid and smart, etc. One has to be willing to give them the opportunity to demonstrate it. Sometimes the news provides information -- I'm unlikely ever to meet Dick Cheney, for instance. :)
Wendy P.

wmw999

I think tolerance ends and judgment begins when you know names, and have considered them as individuals, and ascribed individual humanity to them. I'm comfortable with thinking Dick Cheney is evil without its being prejudiced against evil old white men :P. Not all handicapped people are noble, not all black people are oppressed, etc

But most people are a mixture of bad and good, stupid and smart, etc. One has to be willing to give them the opportunity to demonstrate it. Sometimes the news provides information -- I'm unlikely ever to meet Dick Cheney, for instance. :)
Wendy P.

But, if you did meet him, would you tolerate him long enough for him to discuss things with you, and do so with an open mind, so that he might sway your opinion of him, truly?

Of course. And I'd see a more nuanced view; he is intelligent. I have a feeling he's far more ruthless than Hillary, however ;)

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)