regulator

The sheer stupidity of liberalism in today's america

wmw999

Of course. And I'd see a more nuanced view; he is intelligent. I have a feeling he's far more ruthless than Hillary, however ;)

Wendy P.

Ruthless, possibly . . . . Underhanded and deceitful, not likely.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Oh, there are a whole lot of hits to "lies by Dick Cheney" ya know.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Oh, there are a whole lot of hits to "lies by Dick Cheney" ya know.

Wendy P.

I'm not sure there are any legal investigations and such as with the clintons.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

***I think tolerance ends and judgment begins when you know names, and have considered them as individuals, and ascribed individual humanity to them. I'm comfortable with thinking Dick Cheney is evil without its being prejudiced against evil old white men :P. Not all handicapped people are noble, not all black people are oppressed, etc

But most people are a mixture of bad and good, stupid and smart, etc. One has to be willing to give them the opportunity to demonstrate it. Sometimes the news provides information -- I'm unlikely ever to meet Dick Cheney, for instance. :)
Wendy P.

But, if you did meet him, would you tolerate him long enough for him to discuss things with you, and do so with an open mind, so that he might sway your opinion of him, truly?

Just so long as he's not holding a gun.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

turtlespeed

And the answer is that unless you want to admit that you are just as hypocritical of those that you are passing judgement on, picking and choosing who and what you tolerate is the same as racism, classism, genderism, or any other ism.

Absolute bollocks. Being tolerant of religion/race/gender doesn't mean you have to be a fucking zen monk when someone is being a twat on purpose. I know that you know that really, so stop being so intentionally obtuse. it fools no one.

You do not have the right to not be offended.

No shit sherlock. How does that have any relevance to the discussion?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***And the answer is that unless you want to admit that you are just as hypocritical of those that you are passing judgement on, picking and choosing who and what you tolerate is the same as racism, classism, genderism, or any other ism.

Absolute bollocks. Being tolerant of religion/race/gender doesn't mean you have to be a fucking zen monk when someone is being a twat on purpose. I know that you know that really, so stop being so intentionally obtuse. it fools no one.

I can't believe the usual suspects think that people need to be tolerant of their idiocy...... and their racist behavior and their intolerance for anyone else not goose stepping to their favorite fascist drumbeat.

Fuck that.... I would rather administer a foot to their nads to get them to pull their heads out of their rectal orifices for just a few minutes while they cry like a whiny little twatwhistle.>:(

Amazon

******And the answer is that unless you want to admit that you are just as hypocritical of those that you are passing judgement on, picking and choosing who and what you tolerate is the same as racism, classism, genderism, or any other ism.

I can't believe the usual suspects think that people need to be tolerant of their idiocy...... and their racist behavior and their intolerance for anyone else not goose stepping to their favorite fascist drumbeat.

Fuck that.... I would rather administer a foot to their nads to get them to pull their heads out of their rectal orifices for just a few minutes while they cry like a whiny little twatwhistle.>:(

So let me get this straight. Conservatives are supposed to be tolerant, and watch, as the liberals woosify the country, and be told that we are the intolerant group, while you fantasize about physically abusing the waste areas of their bodies.

My my my that is tolerance at its apex. Liberal style.

wmw999

I think tolerance ends and judgment begins when you know names, and have considered them as individuals, and ascribed individual humanity to them. Not all handicapped people are noble, not all black people are oppressed, etc

But most people are a mixture of bad and good, stupid and smart, etc. One has to be willing to give them the opportunity to demonstrate it.

Wendy P.

This is Speakers Corner. There are no individuals. There are no conversations, nor posts, nor paragraphs. There are only sentences, floating in the sea of contextlessness.

Oh, and Zuul. There is only Zuul.

lawrocket

***I love creating posts that get people typing fervently attempting to slice each others throats verbally by insinuating one political party is more intolerant than the other.

You are playing right into this scenerio.

I just pop in from time to time to fill up my bag of popcorn.

I do find it interesting that those who espouse tolerance for others really can't stand you.

Can't stand me huh? Nobody here knows me. I'm not losing any sleep because somebody on a blog doesn't approve.

turtlespeed

*********And the answer is that unless you want to admit that you are just as hypocritical of those that you are passing judgement on, picking and choosing who and what you tolerate is the same as racism, classism, genderism, or any other ism.

So let me get this straight. Conservatives are supposed to be tolerant, and watch, as the liberals woosify the country, and be told that we are the intolerant group, while you fantasize about physically abusing the waste areas of their bodies.

Nope a swing and yet another miss. Conservatives are incapable of being tolerant... always have..... always will... its a conservative thing.... from sheet wearin to so many other well worn and celebrted "conservative" activities.

Oh and that other thing seems to be the only way to get a conservative man to focus on something since his mind is right there in the little head....

Re: the actual topic and the Twitter quote

I see the comment as neither inaccurate nor hypocritical, although quite obviously open to misinterpretation.

You can serve your children a giant meal, and then explain to them that kids in Africa are starving and will die tonight. Your kids aren't dicks if they understand you and then go ahead and eat their meal regardless. Nor are they hypocrites. They're just self-aware now, and they understand that everybody gets a different level of privilege handed to them, for sometimes no reason at all.

If I as a middle-class white man accept a free ride from a stranger, it is not hypocritical if while taking that ride, I stop to reflect that if I was a homeless black man the ride probably would have been much harder to come by. Nor is it an inaccurate statement in our society. Nor is it a direct attack on the guy who offered me the ride, which seems to be the most insidious misinterpretation of the quote. Rather it's an attack on the social imbalance created by an entire nation full of humans who, on average, would treat me differently if I was a different class and a different color. It's real, and awareness of it is the first step to solving it. I find it odd that she is the target of so much hate, just for pointing out an obvious (but saddening) truth.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Amazon

************And the answer is that unless you want to admit that you are just as hypocritical of those that you are passing judgement on, picking and choosing who and what you tolerate is the same as racism, classism, genderism, or any other ism.

Nope a swing and yet another miss. Conservatives are incapable of being tolerant... always have..... always will... its a conservative thing.... from sheet wearin to so many other well worn and celebrted "conservative" activities.

Oh and that other thing seems to be the only way to get a conservative man to focus on something since his mind is right there in the little head....

I see, so, not a swing and a miss.

The basic idea here is that you condone physical violence against all conservatives.

How very tolerant of you.

turtlespeed

***************And the answer is that unless you want to admit that you are just as hypocritical of those that you are passing judgement on, picking and choosing who and what you tolerate is the same as racism, classism, genderism, or any other ism.

The basic idea here is that you condone physical violence against all conservatives.

Troll troll troll your boat

Gently down the Brazos

If you see an alligator,

Don't forget to scream

Amazon

******************And the answer is that unless you want to admit that you are just as hypocritical of those that you are passing judgement on, picking and choosing who and what you tolerate is the same as racism, classism, genderism, or any other ism.

Gently down the Brazos

If you see an alligator,

Don't forget to scream

Really.
How is it trolling when the logic clearly shows that you are admitting to advocating violence toward conservatives?

turtlespeed

*********************And the answer is that unless you want to admit that you are just as hypocritical of those that you are passing judgement on, picking and choosing who and what you tolerate is the same as racism, classism, genderism, or any other ism.

Gently down the Brazos

If you see an alligator,

Don't forget to scream

Really.
How is it trolling when the logic clearly shows that you are admitting to advocating violence toward conservatives?

It is what yall do round these here parts..... you need to focus... all yall

Amazon

************************And the answer is that unless you want to admit that you are just as hypocritical of those that you are passing judgement on, picking and choosing who and what you tolerate is the same as racism, classism, genderism, or any other ism.

Gently down the Brazos

If you see an alligator,

Don't forget to scream

Really.

Which parts? The nads or the rectal orifices?

turtlespeed

***************************And the answer is that unless you want to admit that you are just as hypocritical of those that you are passing judgement on, picking and choosing who and what you tolerate is the same as racism, classism, genderism, or any other ism.

Gently down the Brazos

If you see an alligator,

Don't forget to scream

Really.

You might want to check with any local GOP pastors down your way.. they are the ones who seem to obsess with those regions and wish to have legislation to control that kind of stuff. Always have.. Always will.

regulator

Just another armchair quarterback whining about conservatives but in the end you do nothing other than whining. It's pathetic. You should follow your passion and come to texas and blow yourself up and kill some of the loonies you hate so much.

So much wrong with that.... DUDE..... I have already been to Tejas too many times... I avoid dysfunction.... like the plague on humanity that it is.

turtlespeed

***************************And the answer is that unless you want to admit that you are just as hypocritical of those that you are passing judgement on, picking and choosing who and what you tolerate is the same as racism, classism, genderism, or any other ism.

Gently down the Brazos

If you see an alligator,

Don't forget to scream

Really.

I'm not sure why, but I'm suddenly in the mood for some chipotle
Remster