rushmc

Scooter Libby

A new book by former New York Times reporter Judith Miller, "The Story: A Reporter's Journey", claims that former White House adviser I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby was convicted of obstruction of justice and perjury through improperly manipulated testimony and withholding of crucial evidence in his 2007 trial.

Here is the part many of you refuse to see

Berkowitz notes that Libby did not leak Plame's identity in retaliation for her husband opposing administration claims that Saddam Hussein had sought to purchase uranium from African sources. Plame's name was leaked by Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage to columnist Robert Novak.

"From the moment he (Fitzgerald) took over the FBI leak investigation in December 2003, he knew Mr. Armitage was the leaker but declined to prosecute him…because the disclosure of Ms. Plame's identity wasn't a crime and didn't compromise national security," Berkowitz writes.

"Mr. Fitzgerald, who had the classified file of Ms. Plame's service, withheld her State Department cover from Ms. Miller and from Mr. Libby's lawyers, who had requested Ms. Plame's employment history. Despite his constitutional and ethical obligation to provide exculpatory evidence, Mr. Fitzgerald encouraged Ms. Miller to misinterpret her ambiguous notes as showing that Mr. Libby brought up Ms. Plame."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Judith-Miller-Scooter-Libby-trail-false-testimony/2015/04/07/id/636958/
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Here's the part YOU refuse to see; Scooter was a scape goat used by Cheney.

It also looks like GWB, in the final days of his presidency, finally figured out just how manipulated he had been and when Cheney specifically asked GWB to grant a pardon to Libby (which was completely within his power), GWB refused.

Why do you think that is? Is it because GWB was an idiot and just "refused to see" the point you're trying to copy and paste, or is it because he knew that by doing so he'd only add more fuel to hold his entire Administration responsible for any one of a number of crimes against humanity and the American public?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

scapegoat for what? Chaining was pissed that Bush did not pardon him fully. Bottom line there was no crime. Therefore, there should not have been any investigation of any type. It was political witch hunt b*******
Abraham Lincoln

Bottom line there was no crime. Therefore, there should not have been any investigation of any type. It was political witch hunt b*******

By that well known liberal bastion, the FBI?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

grimmie

Tried and convicted under GWB.

Politically railroaded

Mr. Fitzgerald encouraged Ms. Miller to misinterpret her ambiguous notes as showing that Mr. Libby brought up Ms. Plame."

Abraham Lincoln

jakee

Bottom line there was no crime. Therefore, there should not have been any investigation of any type. It was political witch hunt b*******

By that well known liberal bastion, the FBI?

And of course, convicted by a jury despite the best legal defense team that PNAC money could buy.

I thought one of the funniest things about the whole trial is that the defense tried to portray Libby as "forgetful."
That there wasn't any malicious intent, he "just got it wrong."

He was Cheney's Chief of Staff, FFS. He wouldn't have that job unless he was very, very good at it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

rushmc

A new book by former New York Times reporter Judith Miller, "The Story: A Reporter's Journey", claims that former White House adviser I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby was convicted of obstruction of justice and perjury through improperly manipulated testimony and withholding of crucial evidence in his 2007 trial.

***Berkowitz notes that Libby did not leak Plame's identity in retaliation for her husband opposing administration claims that Saddam Hussein had sought to purchase uranium from African sources. Plame's name was leaked by Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage to columnist Robert Novak.

"From the moment he (Fitzgerald) took over the FBI leak investigation in December 2003, he knew Mr. Armitage was the leaker but declined to prosecute him…because the disclosure of Ms. Plame's identity wasn't a crime and didn't compromise national security," Berkowitz writes.

"Mr. Fitzgerald, who had the classified file of Ms. Plame's service, withheld her State Department cover from Ms. Miller and from Mr. Libby's lawyers, who had requested Ms. Plame's employment history. Despite his constitutional and ethical obligation to provide exculpatory evidence, Mr. Fitzgerald encouraged Ms. Miller to misinterpret her ambiguous notes as showing that Mr. Libby brought up Ms. Plame."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Judith-Miller-Scooter-Libby-trail-false-testimony/2015/04/07/id/636958/

Funny how you take the word of a reporter over the ruling of the justice system when it suits you.

Other times they are all all scum under the influence of the democrat controled lamestream media.

SkyDekker

***Berkowitz notes that Libby did not leak Plame's identity in retaliation for her husband opposing administration claims that Saddam Hussein had sought to purchase uranium from African sources. Plame's name was leaked by Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage to columnist Robert Novak.

Funny how you take the word of a reporter over the ruling of the justice system when it suits you.

Other times they are all all scum under the influence of the democrat controled lamestream media.

Surely you don't expect a Reich Wing Conservative to show any hint of ethical and moral consistency.

It simply isn't possible to be an RWC if you have ethical and moral consistency.

funjumper101

Surely you don't expect a Reich Wing Conservative to show any hint of ethical and moral consistency.

It simply isn't possible to be an RWC if you have ethical and moral consistency.

Do you intentionally select verbiage to discredit any point you ostensibly intend to make, or does it just work out that way?

You've put in bold the stuff you should have known years ago if you'd been paying attention. Yes some bullshitters conveniently ignore that Scooter was Martha Stewarted but the court and anyone paying attention knew this. It is the last paragraph if anything that is novel.

The key reversal here is Judith Miller now saying that new information now available makes it clear to her that her testimony at trial was incorrect. Scooter's conviction hinged on her earlier recollection.

dorbie

You've put in bold the stuff you should have known years ago if you'd been paying attention. Yes some bullshitters conveniently ignore that Scooter was Martha Stewarted but the court and anyone paying attention knew this. It is the last paragraph if anything that is novel.

The key reversal here is Judith Miller now saying that new information now available makes it clear to her that her testimony at trial was incorrect. Scooter's conviction hinged on her earlier recollection.

Yep

And i have been repeating this for years. The Bush Cheany haters dont care about truth
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***You've put in bold the stuff you should have known years ago if you'd been paying attention. Yes some bullshitters conveniently ignore that Scooter was Martha Stewarted but the court and anyone paying attention knew this. It is the last paragraph if anything that is novel.

Yep

And i have been repeating this for years. The Bush Cheany haters dont care about truth

That is true about either side. Obama haters don't recognize truth either, they just take the bad, amplify it, and run with it. It matters not what reality is.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

winsor

Do you intentionally select verbiage to discredit any point you ostensibly intend to make, or does it just work out that way?

I call it as I see it. The blithering ignorance and complete lack of moral and ethical consistency shown by the Reich Wingers is extremely obvious.
These are the same people who profess to care deeply about fiscal responsibility and the horror of government intrusion into citizens personal lives, when they run up massive budget deficits while in power, and keep passing laws that limit and restrict a woman's right to make personal private decisions about their medical care.

That is a clear example of the complete lack of moral and ethical consistency of RWCs. When your beliefs do not withstand a tiny amount of scrutiny, the beliefs are false, and must be challenged.

funjumper101

I call it as I see it. The blithering ignorance and complete lack of moral and ethical consistency shown by the Reich Wingers is extremely obvious.
These are the same people who profess to care deeply about fiscal responsibility and the horror of government intrusion into citizens personal lives, when they run up massive budget deficits while in power, and keep passing laws that limit and restrict a woman's right to make personal private decisions about their medical care.

That is a clear example of the complete lack of moral and ethical consistency of RWCs. When your beliefs do not withstand a tiny amount of scrutiny, the beliefs are false, and must be challenged.

Thank you for confirming his statement in vivid colors.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

funjumper101

The fact that you appear to think one side of the aisle is more deserving of criticism than the other says it all.

Your choice of verbiage tends to discredit any stance you take. Steven Colbert plays a shithead on the right to make the left appear better by comparison, but I suspect you are serious.

winsor

The fact that you appear to think one side of the aisle is more deserving of criticism than the other says it all.

Your choice of verbiage tends to discredit any stance you take.

Irony, Windsor. Irony.

I'm fairly certain one side has to be at more fault than the other. I find it highly improbable they are both precisely equally at fault.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***The fact that you appear to think one side of the aisle is more deserving of criticism than the other says it all.

Your choice of verbiage tends to discredit any stance you take.

Irony, Windsor. Irony.

I'm fairly certain one side has to be at more fault than the other. I find it highly improbable they are both precisely equally at fault.

No 'd.'

I did not indicate anything to do with precision, nor with anyone being "at fault."

My point is that all the name calling (Republifucktardconserviscumbag...) does not enhance any attempt at credibility, and the suggestion that one side of the aisle has a greater percentage of dreadful human beings than the other is naive.

FWIW, the ironic thing about the Alanis Morissette song is that it does not include one example of irony. I am no more in lock step with the current administration than I was with the last.

BSBD,

Winsor