Driver1

Gun wielding good samaritan halts carjacking in progress.

Hooknswoop

Not to mention the 30+ people murdered with guns in a typical US day.

And the 90 per day that die in automobiles per day.

Derek V

Well, since you bring up ACCIDENTS, I hadn't counted gun accidents, just murders.

How many vehicular murders are there in the US on a typical day?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

cvfd1399

30 people pfffttt get your priorities straight

Try 500-1000 each day from medical malpractice.

http://www.propublica.org/article/how-many-die-from-medical-mistakes-in-us-hospitals

Are these murders?

Compared with how many lives SAVED by the medical profession daily?

cvfd1399

Some actually are. How many lives are saved by guns each day? I can throw facts without numbers also.

Tell us how many lives are saved by guns in the USA every day, then.

Hooknswoop

My point, which you missed, is why do you accept 90/day as the price for driving our cars around, but not 30/day for the price of gun ownership?

Derek V

Are you telling us that you accept 30 murders/day as the price of gun ownership?

Are there 30 vehicular homicides every day in the USA?

kallend

Derek V

Well, since you bring up ACCIDENTS, I hadn't counted gun accidents, just murders.

How many vehicular murders are there in the US on a typical day?and how many of those 30 were criminals killing criminals?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Derek V

How many vehicular murders are there in the US on a typical day?and how many of those 30 were criminals killing criminals?

Like those lovely gang-bangers who the media does not attach gang affiliation to? The media sure has a way of twisting things so as to get readers/viewers.

Chuck

masterrig

Derek V

Like those lovely gang-bangers who the media does not attach gang affiliation to? The media sure has a way of twisting things so as to get readers/viewers.

Chuck

absolutely, just look at kallend's posts
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Derek V

Chuck

I don't know about Chicago or the rest of the country but I do know that media sources along the Southwest Border have been threatened with death if they report cartel activity. Maybe this is the case in other parts of the country. I do believe, the bad guys with guns should be sought out and leave responsible gun owners alone!

Chuck

masterrig

Derek V

Chuck

I don't know about Chicago or the rest of the country but I do know that media sources along the Southwest Border have been threatened with death if they report cartel activity. Maybe this is the case in other parts of the country. I do believe, the bad guys with guns should be sought out and leave responsible gun owners alone!

Chuck

amen. On another note, my boys and I went out shooting this weekend. I got a place to set up a private range. Killed a whole bunch of paper and knock some dents in steel. We had a great time
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Derek V

Chuck

Chuck

amen. On another note, my boys and I went out shooting this weekend. I got a place to set up a private range. Killed a whole bunch of paper and knock some dents in steel. We had a great time

Good for you and your boys! That's the way to do it!
Been awhile since I've been to the range, about a year. Then too, where I live, I get to go to one or two ranches and blow the hell out of some cardboard. We make our own targets out of old boxes. Put a black dot on it, set the box at about 100-yds. and git after it. Just making sure the scopes are in tune!

Chuck

The bigger story here is the lack of protection from the legal system that would prevent the car-jacking in the first place. When the cops do arrest someone for a serious crime, they hold a news conference and point out what a long criminal record the suspect has. They would do better to show up at the sentencing hearing and ask the judge not to keep letting the criminals back on the street. Guys don't just get up one morning and decide to jack a car. They work their way up to it after numerous run-ins with a legal system they don't respect or fear. This is what leads the civilians to believe they need to protect themselves.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

And don't forget that Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor.

THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why we don't need to worry about the USA having the highest gun crime and homicide rates among first world countries.