rushmc

No Global Warming for 18 years 4 months now

JWest

Legitimate question, are either of you educated in the field of engineering, or physics?

Yada yada.

Let the people who care about the preservation of the human species make the important decisions.

Etc.

You'd be amazed at the credentials of some of the posters here.

Anyone who thinks that 'climate change' is, by any measure, the biggest issue faced by humanity is somewhere between clueless and delusional. I'd LOVE it if that was the worst of our problems.

As it is, it is about as significant as worrying about what is the best hangnail treatment for someone with a sucking chest wound.

BTW, was 'weather or not' an attempt at humor?

BSBD,

Winsor

winsor

***Legitimate question, are either of you educated in the field of engineering, or physics?

Yada yada.

Let the people who care about the preservation of the human species make the important decisions.

Etc.

Anyone who thinks that 'climate change' is, by any measure, the biggest issue faced by humanity is somewhere between clueless and delusional. I'd LOVE it if that was the worst of our problems.

As it is, it is about as significant as worrying about what is the best hangnail treatment for someone with a sucking chest wound.

BSBD,

Winsor

I was on mobile and didn't catch the mistype. I'm sure there are many posters here who have great credentials, much better than mine. I was mostly targeting the one guy who keeps posting links from one questionable website.

Many consider climate change to be one of the biggest issues and if not the biggest issue for long term survival of the species. Sure there are immediate issues that need to be dealt with, such as civil rights, and equality. However if you care more about individual lives than the lang term survival of the species what I'm saying will sound insane.

We live in a closed ecosystem if you change something drastically enough you can collapse the entire thing. For what it's worth before I became educated I was skeptical about climate change having any human factor. Now It's undeniably a factor.

Last, for the guy who keeps posting the same link, if you recognize climate change is real, and there is a human factor to it, why do you keep posting a link to that website? If you want to have any credibility use real sources from respected establishments. To answer your question I do not recognize your equation but it resembles the solar time equation, but hard to tell without the context of the variables. Source: modern physics which is only a 300 level class but It's awesome.

winsor

***Legitimate question, are either of you educated in the field of engineering, or physics?

Yada yada.

Etc.

BSBD,

Winsor

I was on mobile and didn't catch the mistype. I'm sure there are many posters here who have great credentials, much better than mine. I was mostly targeting the one guy who keeps posting links from one questionable website.

Many consider climate change to be one of the biggest issues and if not the biggest issue for long term survival of the species. Sure there are immediate issues that need to be dealt with, such as civil rights, equality, poverty, education, and war. Mass genocide could be looked at as bad/good depending on viewpoint. If you care more about individual lives than the long term survival of the species, some of what I'm saying will sound insane. Kind of falls into the same category of "Do we need more jobs or less people?" totally different topic no need to discuss further in this thread.

We live in a closed ecosystem if you change something drastically enough you can collapse the entire thing. For what it's worth before I became educated I was skeptical about climate change having any human factor. Now it's undeniably a factor.

Last, for the guy who keeps posting the same link, if you recognize climate change is real, and there is a human factor to it, why do you keep posting a link to that website? The person who runs it has said there is no point in regulating Co2 emissions. This should not be supported. If you want to have any credibility use real sources from respected establishments. To answer your question I do not recognize the equation but it resembles the solar time equation, but hard to tell without the context of the variables. Source: modern physics which is only a 300 level class but It's awesome.

winsor

We live in a closed ecosystem if you change something drastically enough you can collapse the entire thing. For what it's worth before I became educated I was skeptical about climate change having any human factor. Now It's undeniably a factor.

Clues, $.05

Yep, you get it. If you haven't checked out population models build from ODE you should. They are pretty awesome.

Many consider climate change to be one of the biggest issues and if not the biggest issue for long term survival of the species. Sure there are immediate issues that need to be dealt with, such as civil rights, equality, poverty, education, and war. Mass genocide could be looked at as bad/good depending on viewpoint. If you care more about individual lives than the long term survival of the species, some of what I'm saying will sound insane. Kind of falls into the same category of "Do we need more jobs or less people?" totally different topic no need to discuss further in this thread.

Well, yes. Some people DO think it is the most important thing. That's fine. Problem with me is that this is subjective. And in order to convince people they argue that climate change is personal (it will affect you), abrupt (jence the focus on extreme weather and changes), immoral (ending carbon fuel is the right thing), and now (steady warming is unacceptable, gotta be a lot and fast and warmest, and all extreme weather we see NOW is caused by it)

PAIN.

I'm more worried about vaccinations and eating and stuff. To each their own. But enough of the cancellation of divestment rallies because it's so cold you nee to stay inside and warm up from fuel oil boilers.

We live in a closed ecosystem if you change something drastically enough you can collapse the entire thing.

Sure. Again, what do you think of the equation I posted?

For what it's worth before I became educated I was skeptical about climate change having any human factor. Now it's undeniably a factor.

I agree. Same here. Now, what is the future? Much like the past, I'd say. But food production, human population and longer lifespans correlate with a warmer climate. I have noted that plenty of people who want to fight climate change also think the world is overpopulated.

Just an observation...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>Many consider climate change to be one of the biggest issues and if not the biggest
>issue for long term survival of the species.

I'd say it's just one of the issues. It is somewhat unique in that we can decide whether to keep changing it or not. Compare that to the human propensity to wage war for the most spurious of reasons - or the risk posed by antibiotic-resistant pathogens - and it's not that big a risk in the grand scheme of things.

As a species, we will almost certainly survive climate change, even the worst scenarios in the IPCC's latest report. It will cause us some amount of pain and misery in lost coastal cities, changes in rainfall, changes in location of arable land, loss of species etc. Thus the question is "should we deal with a moderate amount of pain and misery now (reducing CO2) to avoid more pain and misery later?" With most American's planning horizons at three to ten years, maximum, people have tended to side with "just deal with it later." Fortunately, that is slowly changing.

billvon

With most American's planning horizons at three to ten years, maximum, ....

Unless you're a politician, when the horizon is the next election, or a CEO of many companies, whose horizon is the next quarter's balance sheet.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

*** With most American's planning horizons at three to ten years, maximum, ....

Unless you're a politician, when the horizon is the next election, or a CEO of many companies, whose horizon is the next quarter's balance sheet.

It;s not a problem any significant politician views as worth solving. Think of a Republican talking about the budget. Solving it would eliminate the issue. And no politician ever wants to lose a gripe.

Last fall the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which consists of hundreds of scientists operating under the auspices of the United Nations, released its fifth report in the past 25 years. This one repeated louder and clearer than ever the consensus of the world’s scientists: The planet’s surface temperature has risen by about 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit in the past 130 years, and human actions, including the burning of fossil fuels, are extremely likely to have been the dominant cause of the warming since the mid-20th century. Many people in the United States—a far greater percentage than in other countries—retain doubts about that consensus or believe that climate activists are using the threat of global warming to attack the free market and industrial society generally...How to penetrate the bubble? How to convert climate skeptics? Throwing more facts at them doesn’t help.

The Age of Disbelief
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Amazon

Because that report is NOT science
It is politics

Are you trying to blow smoke up everyones asses that your positions direct from the Koch Brothers Committee of Misinformation are not political in any way.....

Shame on you

Enough of the talking points straight from Soros.

lawrocket

Because that report is NOT science
It is politics

Are you trying to blow smoke up everyones asses that your positions direct from the Koch Brothers Committee of Misinformation are not political in any way.....

Shame on you

Enough of the talking points straight from Soros.

Nyet Comrade