RonD1120

He's Alive!

He's alive!
And I'm forgiven,
Heaven's gates are open wide. ~Don Francisco

Religion is about what you do.

Christianity is about what has been done for you.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

A theology student was being tested by his professor:

Prof: Tell me about the meaning of Easter.
Student: Isn't that when Jesus changed water into wine?
Prof: No. Go back and study harder.

6 months pass. At the re-rest:

Prof: Tell me about the meaning of Easter.
Student: Well first, on Good Friday, Our Savior was crucified on a cross.
Prof: That's so. Continue.
Student: After He was dead, His followers took him down from the cross and placed him in a cave, and rolled a huge boulder to block the entrance.
Prof: Yes, that's so. Continue.
Student: Then after 3 days, Christ came back to life and got up.
Prof: Exactly! And what happened then?
Student: He rolled back the boulder, stepped out of the cave, saw his shadow in the sunlight, went back in the cave, and they all had 6 more weeks of winter?

Don

PS Happy Easter Ron and everyone.

RonD1120

He's alive!
And I'm forgiven,

I remember listening to that song on wzzd Philadelphia as a teenage born again Christian. Glad I had the sense to grow out of that phase in my life by asking questions.

And if he is in fact alive, could you kindly show us where he is? Got an address? Thanks.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I'm not really into the Easter Bunny myself, but if you believe then by all means enjoy the holidays. He brings children baskets of candy & Easter eggs, but for the true believers he has gifts for all ages.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

I'm not really into the Easter Bunny myself, but if you believe then by all means enjoy the holidays. He brings children baskets of candy & Easter eggs, but for the true believers he has gifts for all ages.

This guy?
http://tinyurl.com/pho8oa2
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

raftman

Haven't you heard, easter has been called off.

They found the body.

http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/adalinger22/media/easter_zps694e3ca7.jpg.html
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

RMK

How do you think you would feel about Peter Cottontail if your parents dragged you to a local department store to get your picture taken with him.

This was posted in a blog I watch and one gentleman nailed it with his comments..

If'n I wuz a gamblin' man, I'd feel right comfortable layin' down a sawbuck that said Peter Cottontail there got peed on...a lot. 'Cause I'm pretty sure if my Momma woulda drug me kicking and screaming up to that Skunk Ape and plunked me on his knee...I'd have watered him down but good. And if he'd have reached his arm around me to keep me from bolting, I'm thinking that there woulda been a better than average chance that I'd have fertilized him too.

I am afraid I would have been a bit more direct.... Mr Cottontail would have needed a cup.

Another pagan festival, like Christmas, co-opted by organized Christianity.

Eostre or Ostara (Old English: Eastre, Northumbrian dialect ;Eostre; Old High German: Ôstara), is a Germanic divinity who, by way of the Germanic month bearing her name (Northumbrian: Eosturmnaþ; West Saxon: Easternaþ; Old High German: Ôstarmânoth), is the namesake of the festival of Easter. )Eostre is attested solely by Bede in his 8th-century work The Reckoning of Time, where Bede states that during Eosturmnaþ (the equivalent of April), pagan Anglo-Saxons had held feasts in Eostre's honor, but that this tradition had died out by his time, replaced by the Christian Paschal month, a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus.

Eggs and rabbits are appropriate symbols of a fertility goddess.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Another pagan festival, like Christmas, co-opted by organized Christianity.

Eostre or Ostara (Old English: Eastre, Northumbrian dialect ;Eostre; Old High German: Ôstara), is a Germanic divinity who, by way of the Germanic month bearing her name (Northumbrian: Eosturmnaþ; West Saxon: Easternaþ; Old High German: Ôstarmânoth), is the namesake of the festival of Easter. )Eostre is attested solely by Bede in his 8th-century work The Reckoning of Time, where Bede states that during Eosturmnaþ (the equivalent of April), pagan Anglo-Saxons had held feasts in Eostre's honor, but that this tradition had died out by his time, replaced by the Christian Paschal month, a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus.

Eggs and rabbits are appropriate symbols of a fertility goddess.

Ya, we still have yet to do away with the baskets, eggs and bunnies...but pretty soon Eostre will join the likes of kokopelli as a cool looking tattoo on the backs of dimwitted female coffee shop yuppies...Enjoy her while she lasts.:P
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

The first sinner to go to paradise with Jesus was a convicted death row prisoner.

The second sinner to recognize Jesus as the Son of God and presumably also went to paradise was a Roman Soldier.

The ground at the foot of the cross is level. Everyone has an equal opportunity for eternal salvation.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

The first sinner to go to paradise with Jesus was a convicted death row prisoner.

The second sinner to recognize Jesus as the Son of God and presumably also went to paradise was a Roman Soldier.

The ground at the foot of the cross is level. Everyone has an equal opportunity for eternal salvation.

So, what you are saying is that no one else in the entire world died of anything between when the death row guy died and the roman soldier died. No one. Not one person. Not in China, Mongolia, Australia, north or South America, nowhere, no one died for any reason whatsoever.

I'm thinking there is a bit of a flaw in the logic and reality right there.

RonD1120

Just curious, what do you believe happened to the souls of all the people who lived before Jesus?

RonD1120

He's alive!
And I'm forgiven,

Religion is about what you do.

Christianity is about what has been done for you.

Amen!!! "Now this corruption shall put on incorruption, and this mortal shall put on immortality ... "