Driver1

Indiana law prompts pizzeria to state they will deny catering to gays/lesbians

I also, my bad, I apologize. I just wanted to know if at some point we could get to a position where you were forced to go with or without due to the system, or if there was a way out of that. Thanks for the replies your 100 points cooler in my book.

. . . frenzy so as to loose there fucking minds

Lmao . . . I get the mental image of people's brains bouncing down the avenue in a frenzied herd. The only thing better would be that they are being chased by zombies.:|:D:ph34r:

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Number 2 does not work both ways as it only allows limited discrimination for religious beliefs. What religious belief is the gay couple using for their denial?

The problem here is religion, an arbitrary choice one can make and change at will, should not be considered a protected class.

That is exactly it. How far would it go? Too much grey area. I could deny service to a black person because I said the flying spaghetti monster said I could, right? I am evoking a little ridiculousness there on purpose, but then again that scenario is not totally out of the question if you think about it.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

LyraM45

*********In the end this all boils down to the following

those who push these kind of things do not want equal treatment
They want special treatment
They (these groups seeking special treatment) can disagree with you all they will. Live with it cup cake
But
Should you push back against them, they will not stand for it
So, they use government and those they have duped through emotions, to push there views and agenda down everyone elses throats via legislatures and courts

And in most cases the legislatures will not help them so they get the courts to create law
This is where we are at today

The pizza place getting over $500 k in support shows (to me anyway) people are getting tired of it

What are they asking for that is special treatment?

Any group who asks for special protections under law

So as a woman, I am looking for special treatment because there are laws saying I have to be treated the same as a man? I'm asking for special treatment to be allowed to vote like a man votes? Special treatment for me would be you are asking for something.... well, special. In this case, nobody is asking for anything special/different/above and beyond. Just the same as what others are getting. How is that special?

I'll ask again: What are they asking for that is special? That is different than what anybody else gets?

Rush-- I think my response and question here got lost in the mix, so I just wanted to bump this back to the top of this thread. Was wondering what your thoughts were.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

turtlespeed

. . . frenzy so as to loose there fucking minds

Lmao . . . I get the mental image of people's brains bouncing down the avenue in a frenzied herd. The only thing better would be that they are being chased by zombies.:|:D:ph34r:

Ya, it was a bit overdone - but all I can see now is the word "there" staring me in the face...I hate when that happens.:$
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

And we know why....

Yes because we all know you don't give a fuck about the answer. Whatever the answer is, you will post some idiotic one liner and then you will go back to believing whatever it is you want to believe.

Like spouting idiotic stuff like, a business can serve whomever they want. You still living in the 50's?

At least two people have answered your question. Or does it only count if you agree with the answer?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

SkyDekker

And we know why....

Yes because we all know you don't give a fuck about the answer. Whatever the answer is, you will post some idiotic one liner and then you will go back to believing whatever it is you want to believe.

Like spouting idiotic stuff like, a business can serve whomever they want. You still living in the 50's?

Ahhh
the tolerant attitude of the left on display yet again

Have a nice day:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

wmw999

At least two people have answered your question. Or does it only count if you agree with the answer?

Wendy P.

It is not a questiion of whether I agree Wendy
But, why didnt you answer it?
Abraham Lincoln

I answered it in post #100, and Lyra45 answered it in post #112

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I think that what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If a straight couple that goes to a rigorously conservative church were to want to hire a flamboyantly out-there gay photographer, then the photographer should definitely be just as required to be professional with them.

I would hope that with a good selection of photographers, caterers, and the rest, across the ethnic, gender, and religious spectrum, people would generally choose a contractor that they think would do a good job for them. There are always going to be assholes in the world -- no group is exempt from that.

But then, I think that in the feminism world, women should also be subject to any draft that were to come up.

Wendy P.

I apoligize Wendy
I missed yours
Abraham Lincoln

I think I'm the only person concerned with the fact that an editor for The Blaze is collecting this money.
:S
People need to understand there is absolutely nothing requiring him to give the money to anyone, much less a bigoted pizzeria.

normiss

I think I'm the only person concerned with the fact that an editor for The Blaze is collecting this money.
:S
People need to understand there is absolutely nothing requiring him to give the money to anyone, much less a bigoted pizzeria.

Capitalism is wonderful.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

Now almost $8.5k donated to this pizzaria!

Way to go America!

While the number of people who donate and/or in what amounts is merely a linear function of the number of bigots - it's irrelevent as to the actual discriminatory practice being either right or wrong.

People give money to the KKK; doesn't infer their briefs/motives are correct.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

***Now almost $8.5k donated to this pizzaria!

Way to go America!

While the number of people who donate and/or in what amounts is merely a linear function of the number of bigots - it's irrelevent as to the actual discriminatory practice being either right or wrong.

People give money to the KKK; doesn't infer their briefs/motives are correct.

Nah
the biggots are the ones that started this
That and lying reporters
Abraham Lincoln

>Comparin this stuff to Sharia is like comparing Obama to Stalin.

Sharia Law is a set of religious rules that people can follow. They are not US laws and thus, in the US, people cannot be compelled to comply. However, people are free to follow Sharia Law (or Christian law) if they choose.

So yes, it is a good comparison. Don't want to cater a wedding unless women wear hijab, because that's what Sharia Law says? Don't want to cater a wedding unless it's a man and a woman, because that's what the Bible says? Quite similar.

(BTW, the correct comparison in Speaker's Corner is Obama to Hitler.)