propacker

mandatory church attendance

turtlespeed

I gave them quiet respect for long enough, but I'm done. Religion is like a penis: If you have one and want to enjoy it, fine, but don't ram it down someone's throat when they're not interested in it. If your belief system says you shouldn't eat tangerines? Fine, don't eat tangerines. But don't try and take tangerines away from those of us who think your belief system is for morons.

I, for one, have had enough of religious shitlords trying to push their belief system on others. I'm sick of them using their twisted fucking books to try and discriminate against other human beings. I still feel they should be able to practice whatever stupid set of superstitions they're gullible enough to subscribe to, as long as they're not trying to fuck over other people

That's a lot of hatred and vitriol for something you can easily avoid. Don't like religion, don't go to church and don't vote Republican.

Lastly, how do you reconcile this with the foreign policy of your own country? I see no difference between what you are railing aganist religion does, and the stance of the US on most if not all US foreign policies.

The US tends to think their form of government and market is the best and should be replicated around the world. It has been more than willing to use force, in some cases extreme force, to do so.

Which brings me to a comparison of homophobics and religiphobics.

These people that hate religion so much, may just be in the closet about it, and don't want the world to find out that their "particular" natural drives are what they are.

:D

If someone can present actual evidence that there's a god I will be the first to admit I'm wrong. That said, if there is an omnipotent, omniscient god then he is clearly a psychopath.
cavete terrae.

If religious retards weren't lobbying and passing laws based on their dumbass fairy tales, I'd agree. However, since they are…

That has nothing to do with religion. That has everything to do with money, power and how your political system operates. Blaming religion for that is backwards.

SkyDekker

If religious retards weren't lobbying and passing laws based on their dumbass fairy tales, I'd agree. However, since they are…

That has nothing to do with religion. That has everything to do with money, power and how your political system operates. Blaming religion for that is backwards.

No, it's not backwards. Yes, the system is pretty fucked up, but to take advantage of that is a choice by the gullible biblehumpers.

If I see that a building's door is open, does that mean it's ok to steal all the shit inside?

If only persons making $100k/yr are allowed to buy guns, is it ok for them to shoot people without the guns?

If a friend of mine is a cop and owes me a favor, is it ok for me to convince him to arrest a black guy just because he's black?

No? Didn't think so. The ability to do a thing does not make doing the thing ok by default.
cavete terrae.

No, it's not backwards. Yes, the system is pretty fucked up, but to take advantage of that is a choice by the gullible biblehumpers.

No, the politician is taking advantage of the "gullible biblethumpers".

A politician's motivation is mostly along the lines of re-election and fundraising.

SkyDekker

No, the politician is taking advantage of the "gullible biblethumpers".

A politician's motivation is mostly along the lines of re-election and fundraising.

They're choosing to vote for these people and give them money. It's still a choice.

Without religion, this law wouldn't exist. Without religion, the world would likely be a better place in general.
cavete terrae.

grue

If someone can present actual evidence that there's a god I will be the first to admit I'm wrong. That said, if there is an omnipotent, omniscient god then he is clearly a psychopath.

Only way to find out for sure, is to wait til you die. ;)
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

SkyDekker

Without religion, the world would likely be a better place in general

Not possible. The world would be a better place without any guns. Both have the same level of possibility of succes. None.

Then angry people will just find something else to kill people with. :P
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

Not possible. The world would be a better place without any guns. Both have the same level of possibility of succes. None.

And people would invent new religions
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

And people would invent new religions

...and their parents would say - "we killed off the religious - I forbid it!"

...and the kids would say - "I was born this way!"

They would be bullied at school and some would commit suicide...

The closet theists will finally make a stand and conservative teachers would drive anti-bullying campaigns.

They would have theist-pride parades and dominate the fashion industry...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour