kallend

Good news for Dems

billvon

Cool! Let's see if the Birthers give this Canadian-born candidate the same amount of grief they gave the current Hawaiian-born President.

"Gave"? It's the gift that keeps on giving. Just take a look at Facebook any day.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

Cool! Let's see if the Birthers give this Canadian-born candidate the same amount of grief they gave the current Hawaiian-born President.

That was the thing that always confused me about the Obama Kenya thing - it wouldn't have mattered legally if he had been born there. It would have been the worlds most pointless conspiracy.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Well, there is no doubt about Cruz's nationality, same with McCain. We still don't know anything for certain regarding BHO. He is a totally created dark horse.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Well, there is no doubt about Cruz's nationality, same with McCain. We still don't know anything for certain regarding BHO. He is a totally created dark horse.

You think Ann Dunham might not be his real mother?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

ryoder

Good news for Jon Stewart, too!;)

I wonder if Criz will play the race card. All criticism of him is the result of a deep seated hatred of Latinos kinda thing. Since I really don't think anything is beneath Cruz it would at least be interesting to see a GOP candidate and his team pull this shit. Then let Hillary call him sexist and an objectifier of women while standing next to Bill. Then have Cruz find a black female running mate who was in the military and preferably lesbian and let the game go on while the left pulls its hair at how unqualified a black female lesbian is for office. So Hillary

This would be as entertaining to watch as it will be bad for the country. Out of this whole country this is what we get. I'd seriously vote for kallend over any of the. Because I know where kallend stands even if I disagree with him sometimes. You get what you see with him.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

***Good news for Jon Stewart, too!;)

I wonder if Criz will play the race card. All criticism of him is the result of a deep seated hatred of Latinos kinda thing. Since I really don't think anything is beneath Cruz it would at least be interesting to see a GOP candidate and his team pull this shit. Then let Hillary call him sexist and an objectifier of women while standing next to Bill. Then have Cruz find a black female running mate who was in the military and preferably lesbian and let the game go on while the left pulls its hair at how unqualified a black female lesbian is for office. So Hillary

This would be as entertaining to watch as it will be bad for the country. Out of this whole country this is what we get. I'd seriously vote for kallend over any of the. Because I know where kallend stands even if I disagree with him sometimes. You get what you see with him.

:)

:|

Yes, he's declaring his candidacy. Or he's going to in the next couple of days.

I'll bet he gets huge numbers at first. And is way out in front, getting huge amounts of publicity.

For a week or so.

But not for long.
He's too much of a wingnut to last.

C'mon. Think about it. He's got enough "Jon Stewart" material for any opponent to sink him without too much trouble.
His calling Ebola "The biggest threat to the country" last fall is the first one that comes to mind. There are a lot of others.

He won't be any different that Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, or the rest of the "Parade of Idiots" that went up against Romney in the 2012 campaign.

I think Walker is one of the better bets at the moment. Not a "fringe" candidate, no real skeletons in the closet, hard-core conservative enough (pro-life, anti-union, pro-gun), in the pocket of the big business lobbies.

I really don't like him, and wouldn't vote for him, but he has real potential.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

I think Walker is one of the better bets at the moment. Not a "fringe" candidate, no real skeletons in the closet, hard-core conservative enough (pro-life, anti-union, pro-gun), in the pocket of the big business lobbies.

I really don't like him, and wouldn't vote for him, but he has real potential.

But I gather that the "My Governor is a Moron" bumper stickers are very popular in Wisconsin.

kallend

But I gather that the "My Governor is a Moron" bumper stickers are very popular in Wisconsin.

Oh yeah.

Big time.

I don't think he's a moron.
He's a long way from stupid.

But he has shown that he is in the pocket of his corporate owners.
He's not a "servant of the people."

He does what those who bought and paid for him dictate.

And he has, for the last two terms, brought up and forced legislation through very quickly. Legislation that was either never brought up during the campaign, or that he had said he wouldn't support.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

kallend

I can only assume you think hillary is a better candidate. Personally I think the only thing she deserves is her own wheelchair in an old folks home. As far as the GOP nomination goes...I'm all for Rand Paul/Trey Gowdy.

regulator

I can only assume you think hillary is a better candidate.

Why would you assume that? I think my cat would be a better candidate than Ted Cruz and the only reason my cat isn't running is he doesn't meet the age requirements.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

I think my cat would be a better candidate than Ted Cruz and the only reason my cat isn't running is he doesn't meet the age requirements.

Where does he stand on recreational catnip?:D

I can't get enthused about Hillary, but if the alternative was a nimrod like Cruz, that would make it easy.:S
I'd like to see some choice among the Dems, e.g. Ron Wyden or Dennis Kucinich.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

quade

***I can only assume you think hillary is a better candidate.

Why would you assume that? I think my cat would be a better candidate than Ted Cruz and the only reason my cat isn't running is he doesn't meet the age requirements.

Who would you prefer get the democratic nomination?

Right this second I would prefer Elizabeth Warren, but I'm fairly convinced she doesn't want to run.

I have stated before I do NOT want Hillary to run for the precise same reason I don't want Jeb to run; we're supposed to be a Republic and not a weird monarchy with family members automatically being assumed as the "most qualified" person to be in charge.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

+1 on all counts.

quade

Right this second I would prefer Elizabeth Warren, but I'm fairly convinced she doesn't want to run.

I have stated before I do NOT want Hillary to run for the precise same reason I don't want Jeb to run; we're supposed to be a Republic and not a weird monarchy with family members automatically being assumed as the "most qualified" person to be in charge.

I don't recall this, but I just heard a radio reporter mention it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/03/08/mccain-calls-paul-cruz-amash-wacko-birds/

"They were elected, nobody believes that there was a corrupt election, anything else," McCain said. "But I also think that when, you know, it's always the wacko birds on right and left that get the media megaphone."

Asked to clarify, McCain said he was referencing "Rand Paul, Cruz, Amash, whoever."

:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

MEH

This is what you and yours will say about ANY Republican canidate
It is what you do

So, everyone else, get your popcorn and see what the show brings:)

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

ryoder

***I think my cat would be a better candidate than Ted Cruz and the only reason my cat isn't running is he doesn't meet the age requirements.

Where does he stand on recreational catnip?:D

I can't get enthused about Hillary, but if the alternative was a nimrod like Cruz, that would make it easy.:S
I'd like to see some choice among the Dems, e.g. Ron Wyden or Dennis Kucinich.

See. I told you we agree more than you think.:)
I haven't seen a candidate on the conservative side that I can get behind yet. All the good ones won't make the bid, as they like their family's relative privacy too much.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

quade

I hope you get this wish!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

quade

Oh - disqualifying an individual from public office because of what someone else has achieved in their lives. sure, great

It's right in line with preferential voting based solely on race or gender. Hell, Hillary has opened up with the whole "I HAVE A VAGINA" speech a couple weeks ago - and then nothing substantive other than that. Well, other than the whole she doesn't trust the government to handle her e-mail for her, yet wants the government to handle everything else. Including our e-mails probably.....just not hers...

MUCH better than having an informed position about them and making the call based on whether you agree with them or not.

this whole thread is pretty much what's wrong with the voting public - Lawrocket had it correct in trying to be funny up thread. that's exactly the kind of things that people obsess about. I laughed at it at first, then took a hard look at it and now just... :|:|:|

Criz will play the race card. All criticism of him is the result of a deep seated hatred of Latinos kinda thing. Since I really don't think anything is beneath Cruz it would at least be interesting to see a GOP candidate and his team pull this shit. Then let Hillary call him sexist and an objectifier of women while standing next to Bill. Then have Cruz find a black female running mate who was in the military and preferably lesbian and let the game go on while the left pulls its hair at how unqualified a black female lesbian is for office. So Hillary......

This would be as entertaining to watch as it will be bad for the country. Out of this whole country this is what we get.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants