jclalor

Bill O'Reilly "under fire"

Anvilbrother

Iirc in the video from the mother jones he even says from Argentina on the Falklands.

"I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and then hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete. And the army was chasing us. I had to make a decision. And I dragged him off, you know, but at the same time, I'm looking around and trying to do my job, but I figure I had to get this guy out of there because that was more important."

'I've covered wars, okay? I've been there. The Falklands, Northern Ireland, the Middle East. I've almost been killed three times, okay.'

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Anvilbrother

Iirc in the video from the mother jones he even says from Argentina on the Falklands.

You recall incorrectly. Heck, why are you relying on recall at all? You could just watch it again.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jgoose71

Yes, the Mother Jones web site claims this, but if you watch the embedded video, you get more of the impression that he was reporting on the Falklands from Argentina.

Oh would you? Because it's clear that when he says "in the Falklands" he means "In Buenos Aires"?

Like when he said "I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands" or "I've covered wars, okay? I've been there. The Falklands" or "I missed Moyers in the war zones of [the] Falkland conflict in Argentina"

The only way he could have been in a Falklands war zone is if he was on the islands, on a ship in the exclusion zone, or on board HMS Conqueror when it sank the Belgrano. If being in a Buenos Aires riot makes you part of a Falklands war zone then so would being in Yorkshire.

O'Reilly's comments are at best deliberately disingenous self-aggrandisement and at worst outright lies. You can argue the toss on whether it matters, but arguing that he never said it is blind partisan hackery.

"I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and then hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete. And the army was chasing us. I had to make a decision. And I dragged him off, you know, but at the same time, I'm looking around and trying to do my job, but I figure I had to get this guy out of there because that was more important."

'I've covered wars, okay? I've been there. The Falklands, Northern Ireland, the Middle East. I've almost been killed three times, okay.'

It works both ways

He was describing the unrest after the surrender, the riots in Buenos Aires while doing coverage for CBS. We know this happened there is documentation to prove it. He didnt just say In the Falklands he said "In Argentina, in the Falklands" Its not like he completely said he was on the islands. It was a live video report if you simply change it to ""In Argentina, ON the Falklands" you have yourself what I think he meant to say. If your trying to lie why would you say IN ARGENTINA before you said the Falklands part?

They were talking about war time media coverage, and being called out for never having done it. He stated "Ive been there"...Meaning Ive covered wars, The Falklands, Northern Ireland, the Middle East. Even said something to the terms of "i missed you over there while I was doing these reports." basically calling him out.

I dont see anything but some media diversion and bullshit throwing lies out there to see if it sticks to cover for williams. Fuck someone ask Brian im sure he was there on the ground with the troops.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

It works both ways

"I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands,

It doesn't work both ways, it's a statement of increasing specificity. The Falklands were temporarily (during the occupation) a subset of Argentina. You could be in the Falklands and be in Argentina, you could not be in Buenos Aires, or any part of mainland Argentina, and be in the Falklands.

You also could not be in Buenos Aires and be in a Falklands war zone. It's like saying covering the Rodney King riots in LA meant you were in the Gulf war.

Even said something to the terms of "i missed you over there while I was doing these reports." basically calling him out.

Yes. What he said was exactly like "I missed Moyers in the war zones of [the] Falkland conflict in Argentina". Which is no surprise, because O'Reilly was not in the war zones of the Falklands conflict.

>How was O'Reilly's past twisted?

Surely you have been around this place long enough to know how this works.

When a left-leaning person's lies are reported by the media, they are "exposed as frauds." When a right-leaning person's lies are exposed by the media, the media is "twisting facts."

Naaaa Bill YOUVE been around long enough to know how this works. The left gets caught with us pants down and they have to level the playing field.

Fox, and Bill O'Reily, are often the target.

I wonder often has Fox entrance into the market place forced the "traditional" news sources farther to the left than before Fox.

Think about it.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

jakee

***Yes, the Mother Jones web site claims this, but if you watch the embedded video, you get more of the impression that he was reporting on the Falklands from Argentina.

Oh would you? Because it's clear that when he says "in the Falklands" he means "In Buenos Aires"?

I've been in Buenos Aires. Didn't see all the sheep or Port Stanley there.

mirage62

Naaaa Bill YOUVE been around long enough to know how this works. The left gets caught with us pants down and they have to level the playing field.

Fox, and Bill O'Reily, are often the target.

I wonder often has Fox entrance into the market place forced the "traditional" news sources farther to the left than before Fox.

Think about it.

Do you understand the concept of "hypocrisy"?

Anvilbrother

It works both ways

He was describing the unrest after the surrender, the riots in Buenos Aires while doing coverage for CBS. We know this happened there is documentation to prove it. He didnt just say In the Falklands he said "In Argentina, in the Falklands" Its not like he completely said he was on the islands. It was a live video report if you simply change it to ""In Argentina, ON the Falklands" you have yourself what I think he meant to say. If your trying to lie why would you say IN ARGENTINA before you said the Falklands part?

They were talking about war time media coverage, and being called out for never having done it. He stated "Ive been there"...Meaning Ive covered wars, The Falklands, Northern Ireland, the Middle East. Even said something to the terms of "i missed you over there while I was doing these reports." basically calling him out.

I dont see anything but some media diversion and bullshit throwing lies out there to see if it sticks to cover for williams. Fuck someone ask Brian im sure he was there on the ground with the troops.

The envelope please. And the award for Lamest Defense of the Indefensible goes to Anvilbrother.

Anvilbrother

Im sure thats the only way you see it. If this were Brian Williams your stance would be different I know that.

Please provide a link to any post where I defended Brian Williams.

Anvilbrother

It works both ways

It sure looking like all of the other CBS news people in country at the time remember things a whole lot different than your humble bloviator.

>It sure looking like all of the other CBS news people in country at the time
>remember things a whole lot different than your humble bloviator.

That's because O'Reilly was fighting for his life in a war zone. All those other reporters just can't understand what he went through. Neither can you.

(Next up - the RPG that his his airplane and nearly made him spill his drink.)

kallend

***Im sure thats the only way you see it. If this were Brian Williams your stance would be different I know that.

Please provide a link to any post where I defended Brian Williams.

Apparently Anvilbrother can't find one. So much for his claim.

billvon

>It sure looking like all of the other CBS news people in country at the time
>remember things a whole lot different than your humble bloviator.

That's because O'Reilly was fighting for his life in a war zone. All those other reporters just can't understand what he went through. Neither can you.

(Next up - the RPG that his his airplane and nearly made him spill his drink.)

Which I think leads to the question of whom we can trust in this. Say what one will ahit the Internet, blogs, Twitter. But there is a hefty dose of real time reporting coming from everyday people

My wife is hotter than your wife.