jclalor

Bill O'Reilly "under fire"

While I think Bill is a loud mouth and a paid Jerk and is far from my favorite talking head, you posted a Mother Earth link LMAO Might as well be the Onion

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

jclalor

***While I think Bill is a loud mouth and a paid Jerk and is far from my favorite talking head, you posted a Mother Earth link LMAO Might as well be the Onion

Perhaps you could enlighten me and point out the satire in the link. The both have about the same respect for the truth except the Onion admits it.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

catfishhunter

While I think Bill is a loud mouth and a paid Jerk and is far from my favorite talking head, you posted a Mother Earth link LMAO Might as well be the Onion

Mother Jones has yet to be documented as having their FACTS wrong in any of their articles.

Faux Spews has many documented instances of outright lies being broadcast, then repeated over and over again, even after accurate facts had been presented in other media outlets.

Lush Rimjob has had books written documenting his lies.

You may not like how Mother Jones writes their articles, but they ALWAYS have the facts correct.

Extreme sarcasm on//
I look forward to the Reich Wing Conservatives and Faux Spews holding O'Reilly to the same standards as Brian Williams has been by his employers.
//Extreme sarcasm off

That is sarcasm because facts don't matter to the Reich wing and its followers. Truthiness rules.

It was very professional for O'Reilly to voice his hurt feelings as follows -

In one interview with TVNewser, he even appeared to threaten Corn, saying, "When everybody writes the truth, I've talked to about eight or nine reporters, and when they verify what I'm saying, because it's easily verifiable, then I expect David Corn to be in the kill zone. Where he deserves to be."

<<< End

I can easily see one of O'Reilly's followers following his instructions, as they did with Dr. Tiller. O'Reilly called for Dr. Tiller to be killed, and it happened. When it happened, O'Reilly tried to bullshit his way out of responsibility for his own statements.

Great guy. Makes the Reich Wingers real proud.

I found my self in Mombassa Kenya in February 1982, while serving on the USS Constellation (CV64). the HMS Sheffield was in port the same as we, and we visited each other's ships and drank lots and lots beer with these guys. They were some fun guys to party with.

A couple of months later, an Arginine fighter fired an Exocet missile that struck the sheffield killing 25 of our new friends.

jclalor

You should go read O'reilly's talking points for today. He puts out hard evidence from CBS no less that basically blows this smear job out of the water.

MJ is crap, and anyone that takes them seriously needs to do a little self-examination IMHO.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

The only hard evidence that o'reilly has is that he was in Buenos Aires during the Falklands war, which is exactly what Mother Jones said.

What Bill O'Reilly claims is that he never said he was on the Falkland Islands during the conflict - well, the quote from the article is "I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands".

Now if he said 'sorry, I misspoke, I meant during the Falklands conflict' then it's a storm in a teacup. But being O'Reilly he's probably not doing that.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

No matter if he was wrong. It's still fucking sad that the other side of the media had to try and redeem themselves by attacking someone else. And worse that they tried to bring up some shit from the 1980's. These people are journalists, not politicians they can lie, ooh wait they both do. Ok these people are journalists not the pope, no wait that was Williams lying about meeting the pope. Ok these people are people, and people lie. Gone are the days when reporters actually just read what they saw or heard without putting any kind of spin on it. I'm not even mad at Williams I enjoy all the pictures of him photoshopped on the moon, or in a trench in ww2 with a caption saying he was there. :ph34r:

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

And YOU have the nerve to bad mouth him

And you go and prove you never checked to see what he really said about BW:D

You guys are so funny

Thanks once again

Hope your knee heals soon

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/02/20/bill-oreillys-talking-points-memo-22015-airing-tonight-8pm-et

The cable was sent to the CBS bureau chief in Buenos Aires ... by the news desk here in New York City:

"Doyle, O'Reilly didn't have the time last night but would like to say many thanks for the riot piece last night. WCBS-TV and WCAU-TV both took the entire piece, instead of stripping it for pix. They called to say thanks for a fine piece.”

"Thanks again. Your piece made the late feed, a winner last night."

Want more? ... here it is:

Shortly after my crew and I ... escaped grave danger on the streets of Buenos Aires ... I wrote to CBS News boss Ed Joyce ... praising the crew’s bravery.

I have the letter:

"The crews were great … the riot had been very bad, we were gassed, shot at, and I had the best vantage point in which to report the story."

So we have rock solid proof ... that David Corn ... smeared me ... and some websites that picked up his defamation ... did as well.

Now ... I had to spend hours last night ... on the phone with various reporters ... and crawling around my basement covered with dust to find documents from 33 years ago. Again, it was a miracle I found them.

all because an irresponsible ... guttersnipe ... a far left zealot ... who has attacked Fox News many times before ... spit this stuff out on the net.

and you know what? ... nothing is gonning to happen to David Corn.

Mother Jones and the far left websites ...couldn't care less about the truth.

They are in business to injure. This is a political hit job.

At this point ... TV coverage has been scant, but CNN tried to exploit the situation because a guy over there named Brian Stelter ... is another far left zealot ... masquerading as a journalist. CNN can do a lot better than this guy.

Real journalists ... knew this story was B-S from the jump.

They knew Corn was trying to take the Brian Williams situation ... and wrap it around my neck ... for ideological reasons ... because he has a history of attacking Fox News.

In addition ... Corn actually wrote that I hammered Brian Williams ... when everyone knows ... I went out of my way on Kimmel and the Factor ... to be compassionate to the man.

Corn must think the folks ... are as dumb ... as he is.

The whole scandal ... reminds me of another guy who got completely away with it.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I haven't been following this. But it is typical. Take some past scenario and twist it as a way to attack and injure someone. Problem is that people want to believe O'Reilly is a dickhead bloke Obama, people will believe pure fictions becsuse it matches with their subjective viewpoint.

Then ego sets in ad admitting that they are wrong won't happen. In fact, they'll look for some other unimportant factoid and bullshit interpretation to show how right they are.

I've fucked up and out stuff out before it was verified. I've also retracted. Because I know I'm a human and will be wrong.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Anvilbrother

No matter if he was wrong. It's still fucking sad that the other side of the media had to try and redeem themselves by attacking someone else.

Exposing hypocrisy is always a good thing.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What Bill said to Glen Beck because I know some people here are to lazy to click on the link:

I know. Look, you’re absolutely right. Mother Jones. Bottom rung. Nobody reads it. But the internet is the big story. So what we’re doing tonight and why I’m even bothering with this is because once and for all, I’m going to put a stake through the heart of these irresponsible websites who pick up crap, throw it out there as fact, even though they know it’s a lie.

This is so absurd — and we’ll be able to prove it because I have all the memos from CBS telling me what a great job I did, covering the Falkland Islands War from Argentina. And, by the way, I never said one time in my life that I was on the Falkland Islands because no Americans were. And so that’s the fact there.

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

billvon

>Take some past scenario and twist it as a way to attack and injure someone.

We have a term for that - "swiftboating."

Before that it was a Borking. Though that mainly applies to actual political bodies.

Re what was wrong. O'Reilly put forth an explanation. I read it. And O'Reilly's point that I took from it was that smearing people regardless of truth actually works. I have long believed that a well publicized rumor of something bad is far more swaying that fact. A person can do stories about swift boats and Bain capital. They can allege smear campaigns against Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill and both be correct.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

kallend

***No matter if he was wrong. It's still fucking sad that the other side of the media had to try and redeem themselves by attacking someone else.

Exposing hypocrisy is always a good thing.

Thats funny. You don't say that when it happens to you.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

jgoose71

What Bill said to Glen Beck because I know some people here are to lazy to click on the link:

And, by the way, I never said one time in my life that I was on the Falkland Islands because no Americans were. And so that’s the fact there.

Except he has. The Mother Jones link has an embedded video of him saying it.

I don't know why, from his perspective, he wouldn't just say "I'm sorry, I misspoke"?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rushmc

Knee jerk much?

:D

I have a very high level of respect for combat journalist, I think just as valor can be stolen from a combat solider, I think valor can also be stolen from a combat journalist.

Perhaps you missed my post on Williams, from last week.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4703754;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

jakee

***What Bill said to Glen Beck because I know some people here are to lazy to click on the link:

And, by the way, I never said one time in my life that I was on the Falkland Islands because no Americans were. And so that’s the fact there.

Except he has. The Mother Jones link has an embedded video of him saying it.

I don't know why, from his perspective, he wouldn't just say "I'm sorry, I misspoke"?

Yes, the Mother Jones web site claims this, but if you watch the embedded video, you get more of the impression that he was reporting on the Falklands from Argentina.

It's "creative reporting" on the part of Mother Jones. The left would refer to this as "throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks." It's what they do.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything