mpohl

Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

christelsabine

******>Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

Not only most punks, but most motorheads, geeks, sluts, pinheads, dweebies, wonkers, richies, they can all get guns. Even gays and blacks!

I wonder just how much that last sentence made his head explode.:D

I think less than zero. Some of you guys underestimate others and just overestimate yourselves. :|

I see - now we are dealing with imaginary numbers.

THAT explains alot.

What part was overestimated, and which was underestimated?

ETA - are you talking about the name calling, or the other immature comments?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

******>Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

Not only most punks, but most motorheads, geeks, sluts, pinheads, dweebies, wonkers, richies, they can all get guns. Even gays and blacks!

Did you mean the last sentence (the one that began "Not only...") or the fragment at the end that began "Even..?

Yes - the entire sentence.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

*********>Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

Did you mean the last sentence (the one that began "Not only...") or the fragment at the end that began "Even..?

I think you need to revisit grammar and punctuation class.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

************>Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

Elk.

champu

***************>Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

Elk.

The first one was a mistake the second one was to be punny.

Anvilbrother

It dont matta, the fact that peeps here would ratha point out a grammar mizz-steak instead of addressing tha topic shows how childish they arez.

Word.

...has a history of mental illness and substance abuse and was recently arrested while carrying four loaded handguns, two rifles and a crossbow... ...most of the guns were eventually returned to McCullum after a plea deal... ...one as being a German Luger pistol... ...agreed to forfeit two guns... ...McCullum was allowed to keep two revolvers, a knife, the rifles and the crossbow.

Two things:

1) It sounds like the DA's discretion leaves something to be desired. Driving around with loaded handguns and no CCW permit is already a major no-no but it doesn't sound like he was charged with anything for that.

2) It sounds like they probably took his two semi-auto pistols* and let him keep a couple revolvers and bolt/lever action rifles which goes to show how dumb it is to focus on a firearm's action or random features. Focus on filtering out those who shouldn't have guns and don't let them have guns.

*alternative explanation is the police just confiscated the two most expensive weapons so they could keep them or sell them, which would be a whole other problem.

You're right, particularly without more specificity.

I did look it up for Kentucky though...

A loaded or unloaded firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in any enclosed container, compartment, or storage space [regularly] installed as original equipment in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, including but not limited to a glove compartment, center console, or seat pocket, regardless of whether said enclosed container, storage space, or compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism.

The two rifles and two of the handguns were wrapped in a pair of overalls on the floorboard of the white van while the other two handguns were found behind the passenger seat. McCullum did not have a concealed carry license.

I would expect a decent lawyer could get the inside of a van legally declared or described as "any enclosed container, compartment, or storage space [regularly] installed as original equipment in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, including but not limited to a glove compartment, center console, or seat pocket, regardless of whether said enclosed container, storage space, or compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism".
Since that is what the inside of a van is.
:P

A loaded or unloaded firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in any enclosed container, compartment, or storage space [regularly] installed as original equipment in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, including but not limited to a glove compartment, center console, or seat pocket, regardless of whether said enclosed container, storage space, or compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism.

So any one of those pouches incorporated into the front of a seat or the inside of a car door qualifies. I can't imagine how that makes a cop making a traffic stop one bit safer than with a gun under the seat of the car (which would seem to be unlawful). I wonder how the parents, spouses and children of LEOs in Kentucky feel about that?

Like some other laws of this nature, it ends up creating absurd situations. For example, they sell lockable gun safes you can mount in your car. This law may make it illegal to store a gun in one of those (unless those are covered in another section I missed) you have to use your center console which has no lock instead. :S

In California it's quite a bit more strict. No CCW? No loaded handguns in your car. And the handgun has to be in a locked container. Trunk is okay, glove box and center console are expressly prohibited. No ruling on if a trunk can still be "locked" for the purposes of that statute if the seats fold down or if you have a car with a proximity key fob that lets you (or the cop who pulled you over) open the trunk with the key near the car, so I put them in a small pelican case with a pad lock to be safe. (safe from the DA, mind you, not the gun.)

Andy9o8

So any one of those pouches incorporated into the front of a seat or the inside of a car door qualifies. I can't imagine how that makes a cop making a traffic stop one bit safer than with a gun under the seat of the car (which would seem to be unlawful). I wonder how the parents, spouses and children of LEOs in Kentucky feel about that?

Fortunately, freedom for the citizenry, is not determined by what makes the family of cops feel safe.

SunWatcher

***So any one of those pouches incorporated into the front of a seat or the inside of a car door qualifies. I can't imagine how that makes a cop making a traffic stop one bit safer than with a gun under the seat of the car (which would seem to be unlawful). I wonder how the parents, spouses and children of LEOs in Kentucky feel about that?

Fortunately, freedom for the citizenry, is not determined by what makes the family of cops feel safe.
Sound bytes are not discourse.

Exactly. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

You don't need a gun to kill someone. Lots of ways to kill someone. A gun is just one way.

Fucking anti-gun nutters just don't seem to understand that.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Anvilbrother

Whats your fucking point? Did the gun levitate outside a house and shoot people magically? Focus on the person not the instrument.

Oh, I am.

My position is, and has consistently been, that some people shouldn't have guns, and that EXISTING laws that say this and have been declared Constitutional, should have some teeth in them so they can't be so easily circumvented.

And if it had been a knife or a machete would you be asking for some laws on those? Fwiw I'm all for people who have a mental illness or some other issue from having weapons as long as it is a fair and lawful process to determine that.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

And if it had been a knife or a machete would you be asking for some laws on those? Fwiw I'm all for people who have a mental illness or some other issue from having weapons as long as it is a fair and lawful process to determine that.

IF the US had a homicide rate way out of line with the rest of the developed world, 70% of those homicides committed with machetes, and it had far more lax machete laws than the rest of the developed world, then I would expect the US machete laws to be tightened up.

Substitute "gun" for "machete" in the above, and the sentence actually describes reality rather than a hypothetical "IF".