mpohl

Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

stayhigh

Guns on campus will save lives

But how many will they also kill? Saving 15 (mass shooting incident) every 5-10 years is nice, but if the overall increase in fatal shootings on campus jumps up by just 5 a year, well, it's kind of a wash or even a negative, isn't it?

Wendy P.

Are we talking about arming the teachers and professors?

That will give them some authority for sure. None of the kids are going to talk back. :D

Could be arming the students, then they'll all get "A"s.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

I guess our local Home Depot is a hotbed of black marketeers (well, not for the blow jobs, but certainly for incandescent light bulbs and high flow toilets). Menards too.

Right out on open display. What scofflaws!

I seriously doubt that:

The Energy Policy Act of 1992, which became law in 1994, mandates a maximum flush volume of 1.6 gallons for toilets manufactured and installed after this date.

Source: http://homeguides.sfgate.com/federal-regulations-toilet-gallons-88640.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

I guess our local Home Depot is a hotbed of black marketeers (well, not for the blow jobs, but certainly for incandescent light bulbs and high flow toilets). Menards too.

Right out on open display. What scofflaws!

I seriously doubt that:

The Energy Policy Act of 1992, which became law in 1994, mandates a maximum flush volume of 1.6 gallons for toilets manufactured and installed after this date.

Source: http://homeguides.sfgate.com/federal-regulations-toilet-gallons-88640.html

But the spare parts are on sale, and you can make one from the parts.:P

Most of the newer ones can't be changed due to unique 3" and even 4" flush valves. We are doomed. The new regulations require 1.28 gpf. Pretty soon we will have to keep a bucket beside our toilets to flush them. And wait until you need a new water heater. Doomed, I tell you, doomed!
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

BartsDaddy

And there are a lot of incandescent bulbs I can not buy because I live in California. B|B|B|

If LED technology weren't amazing I'd be more upset. I have a flashlight that's smaller than those 2AA maglites I grew up with that I can carry in a pocket that puts out 960 lumens. All but a few lamps in my house are LED.

The only place I really need incandescent bulbs is in my garage door opener. I discovered LED bulbs tend to interfere with its receiver which results in it becoming strictly a garage door opener.

I'll investigate further at some point but in the meantime I have a bunch of half-used incandescent bulbs to burn through.

Led flashlight technology is great. Led incandescent screw in replacement bulbs are complete SHIT. I have been through no less than 4 from lowes all from different makers. Im not talking the cheap ones either, these were $25-50 each. Failures in less than a year include, not even turning on, flickering like strobe effect, dimmer than normal output, and one even melted down on itself. I heard a ticking sound at home and realized it was the bulb so I turned it off. We brought it to work and screwed it into a table lamp and used a thermal imager to see what was going on while recording it on the iphone. It went from ticking, to sizzling, and the white base turned yellow, and the it stopped working. We saved it and sent it back to MFG. Im all about saving the earth, and using less power, while having a better quality light in my house, but the energy and money I have sank into these "environmental friendly" bulbs outweighs what 10 incandescent would have cost in carbon foot print.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

champu

The only place I really need incandescent bulbs is in my garage door opener. I discovered LED bulbs tend to interfere with its receiver which results in it becoming strictly a garage door opener.

I'll investigate further at some point but in the meantime I have a bunch of half-used incandescent bulbs to burn through.

Interesting. Must be a switching regulator in the LED creating RF noise.

My garage door opener is an old Sears model and it is quite happy with the LED lamp.

kallend

Interesting. Must be a switching regulator in the LED creating RF noise.

My garage door opener is an old Sears model and it is quite happy with the LED lamp.

Over on bikeforums, (cycling), I've seen complaints of some LED headlights interfering with some GPS/speedo devices, but I haven't had any issues with my Dinotte LED lights and Garmin GPS.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Billy Boy,

I really like that. An "anti-gun nutter."
Is that like a double-negative? Thus, exceedingly positive.

We know that only the deaf can hear God.

BillyVance

Don't be so misleading in the future. It shoots your credibility all to hell. We could have avoided all this BS if you had just been straight-forward and specific in the first place.

You're talking to an anti-gun nutter. They always cherry-pick facts that support their view.

The best thing we can do from now on is ignore every thread he posts about kids shooting mothers in the head kind of shit. :S

champu

*********If you and your elk wouldn't go encouraging women to rear-end people at stop lights . . .

I thought he had a reindeer, not an elk.:)
I'm guessing that was an auto-correct mishap, but it gave me a belly-laugh!:D

I think it was in reference to this:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4703134#4703134

I've tried to find a good photo of a person standing along with some elk but i haven't had much luck finding one with the right look. I may have to photoshop something together. Elk, as I'm sure you know living in CO, are kinda a bunch of jerks.

Yes, I was attempting to be funny. I don't think I've ever used the word "ilk" except when I'm playing Boggle. I find the word annoying, but thanks to you, now it makes me think of people with their elk. :)
But after a quick search, this was the only pic I could find of someone with a live elk. Lots of dead elk pics.

Shotgun

************If you and your elk wouldn't go encouraging women to rear-end people at stop lights . . .

I thought he had a reindeer, not an elk.:)
I'm guessing that was an auto-correct mishap, but it gave me a belly-laugh!:D

I think it was in reference to this:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4703134#4703134

I've tried to find a good photo of a person standing along with some elk but i haven't had much luck finding one with the right look. I may have to photoshop something together. Elk, as I'm sure you know living in CO, are kinda a bunch of jerks.

Yes, I was attempting to be funny. I don't think I've ever used the word "ilk" except when I'm playing Boggle. I find the word annoying, but thanks to you, now it makes me think of people with their elk. :)
But after a quick search, this was the only pic I could find of someone with a live elk. Lots of dead elk pics.

Here ya go . . . :)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ryoder

Over on bikeforums, (cycling), I've seen complaints of some LED headlights interfering with some GPS/speedo devices, but I haven't had any issues with my Dinotte LED lights and Garmin GPS.

I think I'll avoid any bike forums in fear of someone posting a picture of whatever a "speedo device" might be.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***Over on bikeforums, (cycling), I've seen complaints of some LED headlights interfering with some GPS/speedo devices, but I haven't had any issues with my Dinotte LED lights and Garmin GPS.

I think I'll avoid any bike forums in fear of someone posting a picture of whatever a "speedo device" might be.I think it's a device that ensures any passing cars give as much room as possible. Wouldn't want to have to scrape that off your bumper!

Don

rehmwa

***Over on bikeforums, (cycling), I've seen complaints of some LED headlights interfering with some GPS/speedo devices, but I haven't had any issues with my Dinotte LED lights and Garmin GPS.

I think I'll avoid any bike forums in fear of someone posting a picture of whatever a "speedo device" might be.

Yeah, or elaborating on how a headlight could interfere with it.

champu

******Over on bikeforums, (cycling), I've seen complaints of some LED headlights interfering with some GPS/speedo devices, but I haven't had any issues with my Dinotte LED lights and Garmin GPS.

Yeah, or elaborating on how a headlight could interfere with it.

I'm kinda curious why he would need a speedo gps
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

billvon

>Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

Not only most punks, but most motorheads, geeks, sluts, pinheads, dweebies, wonkers, richies, they can all get guns. Even gays and blacks!

I wonder just how much that last sentence made his head explode.:D

turtlespeed

***>Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

Not only most punks, but most motorheads, geeks, sluts, pinheads, dweebies, wonkers, richies, they can all get guns. Even gays and blacks!

I think less than zero. Some of you guys underestimate others and just overestimate yourselves. :|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

christelsabine

******>Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

BOOM :|

I think less than zero. Some of you guys underestimate others and just overestimate yourselves. :|
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

One of the biggest objections to freed slaves being granted citizenship was that of firearm ownership. The Cliff Notes version is that, given firearms by dint of citizenship, these folks would be shooting anything and everything.

This is not statistically true, but that is, unfortunately, the image that gangsta rappers and the like would like to project.

Oddly enough, the racist slant for gun control comes down to some people wishing guns away so that negroes could not get them.

I do fear a society where firearms are as illegal and unavailable to the criminal element (be it white, black or paisley) as, say, cocaine and heroin.

christelsabine

Re: "I wonder just how much that last sentence made his head explode."/quote]

But we don't think that there's a number of people less than zero. Zero is as low as you can go in those terms.

turtlespeed

***>Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

Did you mean the last sentence (the one that began "Not only...") or the fragment at the end that began "Even..?