mpohl

Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

Guns on campus will save lives

But how many will they also kill? Saving 15 (mass shooting incident) every 5-10 years is nice, but if the overall increase in fatal shootings on campus jumps up by just 5 a year, well, it's kind of a wash or even a negative, isn't it?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

skypuppy

***Yet husband of Gabby Giffords and astronaut Mark Kelly couldn't get one. ;)

seems to me that was because he was trying to buy the gun for someone else, not for himself to use...

Correct. Turns out that when somebody has a legally nefarious reason for buying a weapon and let's people know that a weapon will not be made available for purchase on the legal market.

Obviously there is a black market that exists. Same as there is a black market for incandescent light bulbs and high flow toilets and blow jobs. Ban a product or service and it just makes it more valuable and leaves more money to be made by selling it

My wife is hotter than your wife.

wmw999

But how many will they also kill? Saving 15 (mass shooting incident) every 5-10 years is nice, but if the overall increase in fatal shootings on campus jumps up by just 5 a year, well, it's kind of a wash or even a negative, isn't it?

Wendy P.

Same old fear bs Wendy
FL was to become the gun shine state
TX was to return to shoot outs like those way back

Eliminate free shoot zones
It does, has and will save lives
I sure as hell trust a legal carrier vs those who would carry to do harm that do not care about the law today
You?

Your post just shows that those who oppose have no real argument
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

mpohl

Exactly.

So, now we have some dumb-nuts thinking that it is a a good idea to weaponize college campuses.

Because if female students, 19, 20, 21-year old, would carry guns, it will prevent rape.

What will happen next is something akin to this.
"It was dark, and the guy looked at me. I felt threatened and had to defend myself. Sorry I shot him in the leg."

"He was walking ten steps behind me. All the way from the student union to the dorm. I had to defend myself. Sorry he is dead!"

P.S.: Does the constitution allow for individual nuclear weapons? I mean, I would feel a lot safer carrying a personalized nuclear grenade. Which will take out any threat to myself in a 2-mi radius.

***if murder was legal, a LOT more people will kill other people. Multiple times a day.

How about you throw one and let us know ho it works.:)
But only as you are in favor of rape as long as it keeps guns out f the hands of young women.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Shotgun

A few weeks ago it was raining just a little bit and a woman rear-ended me while I was stopped at a red light. I set the parking brake, got out of the car, and you know what the first thing I said to her was ? "Hey, are you okay?"

If you and your elk wouldn't go encouraging women to rear-end people at stop lights . . .

I thought he had a reindeer, not an elk.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

A few weeks ago it was raining just a little bit and a woman rear-ended me while I was stopped at a red light. I set the parking brake, got out of the car, and you know what the first thing I said to her was ? "Hey, are you okay?"

If you and your elk wouldn't go encouraging women to rear-end people at stop lights . . .

I'm guessing that was an auto-correct mishap, but it gave me a belly-laugh!:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

I figured as well - but the mental image of a guy on an elk bumping into a chick at a stoplight - was - amusing.

kallend

***Guns on campus will save lives.

Where did you buy the crystal ball?

Not needed

I am just looking at what history has shown us
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

ryoder

******If you and your elk wouldn't go encouraging women to rear-end people at stop lights . . .

I think it was in reference to this:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4703134#4703134

I've tried to find a good photo of a person standing along with some elk but i haven't had much luck finding one with the right look. I may have to photoshop something together. Elk, as I'm sure you know living in CO, are kinda a bunch of jerks.

kallend

***Guns on campus will save lives.

why don't we experiment. We'll ban firearms for all peace officers for two years and see what happens. I'll make a bet that stuff starts going downhill real quick.

Whenever a person or entity wants to ban something for everyone else a problem is easily identifiable.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

******Guns on campus will save lives.

why don't we experiment. We'll ban firearms for all peace officers for two years and see what happens. I'll make a bet that stuff starts going downhill real quick.

Like in Britain, which has 1/4 the number of murders as the USA?

Anyway, it's the wrong experiment. Peace officers are trained to keep the peace. Professors and students are not. So removing firearms from peace officers proves nothing whatsoever about the outcome of arming faculty and students.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

wmw999

Wendy P.

if it's 5 rapists killed, it's not a wash...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Learn some German!
Otherwise I suggest you stay out of the discussion when adults talk!

WaffG Anlage 2 (zu § 2 Abs. 2 bis 4)
Erlaubnisfreie Arten des Umgangs
Erlaubnisfreier Erwerb und Besitz
einläufige Einzelladerwaffen mit Zündhütchenzündung (Perkussionswaffen), deren Modell vor dem 1. Januar 1871 entwickelt worden ist;
Schusswaffen mit Lunten- oder Funkenzündung, deren Modell vor dem 1. Januar 1871 entwickelt worden ist;
Schusswaffen mit Zündnadelzündung, deren Modell vor dem 1. Januar 1871 entwickelt worden ist;

TomWatson

***This might come as a surprise to you. But in Germany everybody can own a weapon. No permit necessary, no paperwork, nothing! Unlike here in the US.

That doesn't seem to be true:

See "Gun Regulation": http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/germany

An approach like that would gel perfectly with the constitutional right to carry arms in the US. And as the authors of the constitution intended at the time it was written.

So then, the right to free speech should only apply to printed words, and not to radio, TV or the internet?

mpohl

Learn some German!

einläufige Einzelladerwaffen mit Zündhütchenzündung (Perkussionswaffen), deren Modell vor dem 1. Januar 1871 entwickelt worden ist;
Schusswaffen mit Lunten- oder Funkenzündung, deren Modell vor dem 1. Januar 1871 entwickelt worden ist;
Schusswaffen mit Zündnadelzündung, deren Modell vor dem 1. Januar 1871 entwickelt worden ist;

******This might come as a surprise to you. But in Germany everybody can own a weapon. No permit necessary, no paperwork, nothing! Unlike here in the US.

An approach like that would gel perfectly with the constitutional right to carry arms in the US. And as the authors of the constitution intended at the time it was written.

So then, the right to free speech should only apply to printed words, and not to radio, TV or the internet?

It is partly true, but it is also much the same here . . . ancient firearms need not be permitted or registered. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/collectors.html

Lets see a german try to pick up a glock 17, like I did, at a gun show, and see how well that goes over for him.

turtlespeed

It is partly true, but it is also much the same here . . . ancient firearms need not be permitted or registered. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/collectors.html

Tell that to NJ: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/18/flintlock-from-1700s-could-land-elderly-nj-man-in-prison/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Tell that to NJ: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/18/flintlock-from-1700s-could-land-elderly-nj-man-in-prison/

Is NJ still a part of the country or just a suburb of Chicago?

Either way, I believe both te germans and the US recognize that long guns are different.

mpohl

Learn some German!

******This might come as a surprise to you. But in Germany everybody can own a weapon. No permit necessary, no paperwork, nothing! Unlike here in the US.

Translation:

Permit free ways of dealing

Free license acquisition and possession
1.7 barreled single shot weapons with Zündhütchenzündung (percussion weapons),
whose model has been developed before 1 January 1871.
1.8 Firearms with match- or spark ignition , the model has been developed before
1 January 1871.
1.9 Needle gun firearms whose model has been developed before 1 January 1871.

First of all, please stop the insults.

Second, you're misleading everyone. Your reference to "everyone can own a weapon, no permit..." is limited only to antiques.

Pardon me for thinking that when you referred to weapons acquisition that you were also talking about modern weapons. I was correct for for those modern guns. You are correct only when talking about antique guns. By comparing German laws for antique guns with US laws for modern guns, you were comparing apples to oranges, which is an invalid comparison.

Don't be so misleading in the future. It shoots your credibility all to hell. We could have avoided all this BS if you had just been straight-forward and specific in the first place.

Obviously there is a black market that exists. Same as there is a black market for incandescent light bulbs and high flow toilets and blow jobs. Ban a product or service and it just makes it more valuable and leaves more money to be made by selling it

Incandescent bulbs? About half of the bulbs on sale at the hardware store are incandescent. Is Lowes part of the black market?

- Dan G

DanG

Incandescent bulbs? About half of the bulbs on sale at the hardware store are incandescent. Is Lowes part of the black market?

And there are a lot of incandescent bulbs I can not buy because I live in California. B|B|B|
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

wmw999

Wendy P.

Are we talking about arming the teachers and professors?

That will give them some authority for sure. None of the kids are going to talk back. :D
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Don't be so misleading in the future. It shoots your credibility all to hell. We could have avoided all this BS if you had just been straight-forward and specific in the first place.

You're talking to an anti-gun nutter. They always cherry-pick facts that support their view.

The best thing we can do from now on is ignore every thread he posts about kids shooting mothers in the head kind of shit. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

lawrocket

Same as there is a black market for incandescent light bulbs and high flow toilets and blow jobs. Ban a product or service and it just makes it more valuable and leaves more money to be made by selling it

I guess our local Home Depot is a hotbed of black marketeers (well, not for the blow jobs, but certainly for incandescent light bulbs and high flow toilets). Menards too.

Right out on open display. What scofflaws!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.