mpohl

Seems Every Punk in this Freaking Country Can Get a Gun

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/us/las-vegas-road-rage-killing/index.html

Look at that punk! How come he was even allowed to get near a gun????? At 19, he can't legally buy a beer!!!!!

But I play along. If every freaking citizen were entitled to a gun, maybe customer service would be better.

You messed up my order? Here is a bullet to the head. Better luck next time.
French Fries served cold? Same thing.

Wife not following orders. Her bad. Boom!

mpohl

How come he was even allowed to get near a gun?

What makes you think that someone else "allowed" that to happen?

The police haven't even released what type of gun was used, so we don't even know yet if it was a handgun or a long gun. Much less how he acquired it. Don't jump to conclusions. Wait for the facts to come out.

It gets worse. The GOP is pushing a bill that would allow a concealed carry holder from a state that has no effective checks on who gets the permits to flaunt that permit in any other state, including those with proper checks.

A permit to carry a concealed weapon from Mississippi is just proof of the owner’s ability to fill out an application. In Virginia, you can take an online course. You can get a permit from Florida without ever living in Florida, although you have to send $112 to the State Department of Agriculture.

In 2007, The Sun Sentinel in Florida found that in a six-month period, more than 1,400 people who had pleaded guilty or no contest to felonies had been awarded concealed carry permits, along with 216 people with outstanding warrants, 28 people with active domestic violence injunctions against them, and six registered sex offenders.

The GOP wants these folks to be allowed to carry their guns anywhere they like in the USA.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I can totally see how this plays out.
Mom's daughter honks at the dude.

The dude gets pissed and follows her home.

Mom's son comes back out with a gun.

Now the dude is pissed even more and grabs his gun thinking that if he does drive by he won't get caught....Now I'm surprised that he even got caught.

Some people go bat shit crazy in traffic. I've followed someone all the way to their cul de sac for cutting me off. The guy parked at his garage and spots me all the way at the end of cul de sac. He walks out of his garage very aggressive stance and spots my car, I flash high beam at the dude and the guy ran back inside. As he ran back inside, I reversed my ass out of there, realizing that I might get shot or he has his homeys back inside.

Now I have no idea why I followed this guy home at this time, maybe just to piss him off even more and get him to think twice about pissing someone off. Since now I know where this guy lives, he won't be sleeping comfortably atleast that night. But as I was driving home watching my back mirror, I was thinking, if this guys house gets fire or robbed with in weeks I'm the prime suspect.

People do make some stupid mistakes. This younger kid, probably between the age of 17-20, made some dumb ass choices, and I can totally understand him. Who never felt invincible when you were in teens? When kids are 14-17, they start fight with people for looking at them funny. The mom who got shot made some dumb ass choice as well. You don't go back out looking for them with a firearm.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

stayhigh

Some people go bat shit crazy in traffic. ....

Now I have no idea why I followed this guy home at this time......

People do make some stupid mistakes. ......

Well no, most people don't.
Failure to recognize this colors your world view.
Those of us (the majority) who don't snap at the slightest provocation are able to trust our neighbors, and total strangers, not to snap as well. To us, being armed is nothing to fear, and makes us all safer.

kallend

more than 1,400 people who had pleaded guilty or no contest to felonies had been awarded concealed carry permits...

Not all felonies are created equal. Back in the day, felonies were serious violent crimes. Nowadays, after decades of "grade inflation" minor non-violent and even victimless crimes are classed as felonies. They shouldn't be, and they should not disqualify anyone from owning and carrying a firearm.

Not quite... All that's really going on is 'the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act', allowing folks to travel across state lines without becoming a felon because a particular state doesn't understand that the 2nd amendment doesn't stop at their state line. Spin it whatever way you like... folks here are well aware of your position on this subject.
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

I see what you did there. You would have people believe that you just sign up and pay a fee and they give you a permit like you were buying a pack of gum....in MS you still submit a fingerprint card, undergo a background check, and sign an affidavit that your free from mental illness, drugs, felonies, restraining orders, and anything else that would bar you from obtaining and carrying a firearm.

Your shitting on a system that law abiding citizens use to carry their weapons if wanted which. Do you really feel they are the bigger threat compared to the thugs with stolen guns with serial numbers filed off who are carrying ILLEGALLY?! The law abiding citizen takes classes, pays substantial fees, and submits to background checks to do the right thing.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

kallend

It gets worse. The GOP is pushing a bill that would allow a concealed carry holder from a state that has no effective checks on who gets the permits to flaunt that permit in any other state, including those with proper checks.

A permit to carry a concealed weapon from Mississippi is just proof of the owner’s ability to fill out an application. In Virginia, you can take an online course. You can get a permit from Florida without ever living in Florida, although you have to send $112 to the State Department of Agriculture.

In 2007, The Sun Sentinel in Florida found that in a six-month period, more than 1,400 people who had pleaded guilty or no contest to felonies had been awarded concealed carry permits, along with 216 people with outstanding warrants, 28 people with active domestic violence injunctions against them, and six registered sex offenders.

The GOP wants these folks to be allowed to carry their guns anywhere they like in the USA.

Called reciprocity
Great law
Hope it gets put into place
Then states with stupidly restrictive laws can be ignored
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

They should make people pass a class on the difference between "your" and "you're" before being allowed to buy a keyboard.

A perfect example of why the law kallend speaks of should be passed
It kills the chances of stupid laws hurting the law abiding

Your ok with that I bet
Abraham Lincoln

Thay should pass a class that tells people if all thee have to argue on is grammar thea should probably just keep they'reeee mouthes shut as their not adding anything to the discussion.

I had a post typed up on my phone, and had to scoot out to another station for a call so I hit send figuring it got my point across. If you lock the phone and come back to the webpage later it reloads the page and erases all content you typed. Thanks grammar nazi I'll make sure hitler knows your on patrol.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

kallend

People with anger management problems don't mix well with guns. Letting them cross state lines with guns just makes things worse.

Such a person can only be in one place at a time.
Why do you think they would be more likely to cause a problem in a different state they are visiting, versus their home state where they spend most of their time?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

BillyVance

I seriously think you will be happier living back in Germany.

:S

Most humans living here in the US would be.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ryoder

People with anger management problems don't mix well with guns. Letting them cross state lines with guns just makes things worse.

Why do you think they would be more likely to cause a problem in a different state they are visiting, versus their home state where they spend most of their time?

That answer is simple, (I assume it has a data point he can back up too, right?), it fits his view and lends to further restrictions on American citizenry.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SmokeJumper

***more than 1,400 people who had pleaded guilty or no contest to felonies had been awarded concealed carry permits...

Not all felonies are created equal. Back in the day, felonies were serious violent crimes. Nowadays, after decades of "grade inflation" minor non-violent and even victimless crimes are classed as felonies. They shouldn't be, and they should not disqualify anyone from owning and carrying a firearm.

Good point.
I think it was Any9o8 who recently elaborated on that issue.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

kallend

First part? Of course
Second part? just stretching on your part
Abraham Lincoln

ryoder

Missing the point. If the clueless people of MS elect clueless representatives that allow inappropriate people to carry concealed weapons, that's their fault and their problem. However, why should the people of a state that enacts sensible laws have to put up with the exported cluelessness of another state?

If the clueless people of MS elect clueless representatives that allow inappropriate people to carry concealed weapons, that's their fault and their problem.

What is allowed by M.S. to have a CCW that is not allowed anywhere else?

Anvilbrother

If the clueless people of MS elect clueless representatives that allow inappropriate people to carry concealed weapons, that's their fault and their problem.

What is allowed by M.S. to have a CCW that is not allowed anywhere else?

Select any state of your choice with "easy" CCW requirements.

You seem to be an expert or have an issue with what M.S. requirements are. I am asking you to back up the clam as you stated that. "If they know how to fill out an application they get a permit". From looking at their LAW Its no easier to get a CCW in Mississippi than it is anywhere else.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/gun-possession-use-laws/mississippi.htm

To obtain a concealed handgun permit, you must apply at the police or sheriff’s office in the county where you reside. To qualify, you must:

be at least 21 years old
be a Mississippi resident for at least 12 months (this requirement is waived if you have a valid permit from another state, you are an active military member stationed in Mississippi, or are a retired law enforcement officer establishing residency in Mississippi), and
desire a legal means to defend yourself.

Additionally you must NOT:

be a convicted felon
be a fugitive from justice
suffer from any physical infirmity that prevents safe handling of a firearm
suffer from drug addiction, or have been committed for treatment of these conditions within the past three years
chronically use alcohol to the extent that your normal facilities are impaired, have been committed to a treatment facility for alcohol abuse, or convicted of two or more offenses related to alcohol in the last three years
have been adjudicated as mentally incompetent, or restored to capacity by court order within the last five years
have been committed to a mental health institution or treatment facility within the past five years, or
be prohibited from possessing a firearm under federal law.

(Miss. Ann. Code § 45-9-101.)

Looks just like most other states requirements to me excluding the insane liberal retard couple that have taken a wet stinky shit on the 2nd.

kallend

A permit to carry a concealed weapon from Mississippi is just proof of the owner’s ability to fill out an application.

I see an FBI background check and fingerprinting.

NICS/Background Check:
Mississippi laws require a background check thru the FBI.
Requirements:
1. Twenty-one (21) years of age
2. Applicant must have been a resident of the state for over 12 months
3. Or to a person with a valid out of state license
4. Or is on active military duty
5. Or a retired law enforcement officer seeking residency
6. No suffering from a physical infirmity which prevents the safe handling of a handgun
7. No drug or alcohol abusers
8. No convicted felons or fugitives from justice
9. No mental problems
10 No violent misdemeanor convictions within the last 3 years
11. Not prohibited from possessing a firearm under federal law

Required Documents:
1. The applicant must submit fingerprints
2. A full-face photograph
3. Pay a fingerprint fee and $100 license fee.

Source: http://www.usacarry.com/mississippi_concealed_carry_permit_information.html