kallend

Another data point.

Not only that the FBI or anyone can not calculate the number of times a gun actually saved someone via actual use or just the physical presence it brought about. Remember their argument about how there is no mandatory shooting report that is filed with the FBI so we never know how many people are shot. Also no one knows or reports when a thug walked into a gas station to rob it, and saw a cop, or open carrier, or someone they might have thought was armed, and decided not to rob the store. That right there makes his argument shit.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

sfzombie13

this happened not too far from me. i saw some pictures of the suspect's gun, the phamicist's first shot hit the gun and disabled it. almost old west style, except it didn't fly out of his hand and he got killed by the next one. it was a facebook picture, i wish i could find it.

Awwe, that poor robber. They shouldn't have shot him, they should have just given him the money and drugs, and maybe a backrub, and then a foot massage.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

TomWatson

***Data from the FBI show conclusively that gun ownership increases the likelihood that you will be shot.

Lack of a reference allowing independent verification renders your statement worthless.

Asked and answered previously (many times).

You're new here, aren't you?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

************Data show that gun ownership does not confer greater safety.

Another data point. Data show that gun ownership does confer greater safety.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d5c_1424394365

The plural of anecdote is NOT data.

Funny reply. I copied your own words from your earlier post. So you're just criticizing yourself. Ha!

No. Poor comprehension on your part.

Data from the FBI show conclusively that gun ownership increases the likelihood that you will be shot. Your anecdote was another datum but didn't change the result. Gun ownership does NOT confer greater safety.

Why not just write that data from the FBI show that gun ownership increases the likelihood that you will get shot? If you have to write "conclusively" then the data doesn't speak for itself.

While we're at it, let's have the NSA produce data that show conclusively that it's data collection process saves lives.

Gun ownership in the US is like voting. It's a right that plenty of people choose not to exercise. And also a right that is frequently exercised foolishly and without rationL thought.

My wife is hotter than your wife.