kallend

Another data point.

kallend

Data show that gun ownership does not confer greater safety.

www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2015/02/woman_fatally_shoots_herself_bra_holster.html

Nope just another Darwin award winner.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Andy9o8

***i see what you did there. it is supposed to be satire.

The incident actually happened; look it up. Or are you making a different point?

WHOOOSH!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

catfishhunter

www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2015/02/woman_fatally_shoots_herself_bra_holster.html

Right: The obituary described Bond as being “on FIRE for the LORD.”

Last summer, she was elected as a Republican Precinct Delegate for Saint Joseph Charter Precinct 1."

Clearly a perfect candidate.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

TomWatson

***Data show that gun ownership does not confer greater safety.

Another data point. Data show that gun ownership does confer greater safety.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d5c_1424394365

The plural of anecdote is NOT data.

The data from the FBI show conclusively that gun ownership increases the likelihood that you will be shot.

kallend

******Data show that gun ownership does not confer greater safety.

Funny reply. I copied your own words from your earlier post. So you're just criticizing yourself. Ha!

skymiles

******Data show that gun ownership does not confer greater safety.

It looks like the pharmacist almost shot his co-worker.

And prevented the robber from shooting some of his employees. Once a robber points a gun at someone, all rules of civility are off.

TomWatson

*********Data show that gun ownership does not confer greater safety.

Funny reply. I copied your own words from your earlier post. So you're just criticizing yourself. Ha!

No. Poor comprehension on your part.

Data from the FBI show conclusively that gun ownership increases the likelihood that you will be shot. Your anecdote was another datum but didn't change the result. Gun ownership does NOT confer greater safety.

sfzombie13

i was referring to the point kallend was making as satirical, because surely he had to be joking...

seriously?

How long have you been here?

:o:D:o:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

************Data show that gun ownership does not confer greater safety.

No. Poor comprehension on your part.

Data from the FBI show conclusively that gun ownership increases the likelihood that you will be shot. Your anecdote was another datum but didn't change the result. Gun ownership does NOT confer greater safety.

Yes it does! Like that guy in Vegas who used his gun to protect... or was it avenge?... his mom after the road rage incident.

Its a stupid point to make.

Guns dont make you safer because you might get hurt by one.

You could say the same thing about fire. How many people are kept alive by fire every day through heating, cooking etc vs the ones killed by fire. Obviously if there were no guns people would not get killed by them. Obviously if fire did not exist no one would get killed by it.

You cant measure the effectiveness of a gun based off of it being used or not. The main part of having a gun on an officer or soldier or whatever is a show of force. Without that who knows how many officers might have been killed because the offender knew they were unarmed and went for the kill.

You cant measure it. So therefore you could say every officer would be killed today if they did not carry a gun. Just like kallend is saying your not safer by having one, its immeasurable despite the spin numbers that show the ones that were killed by their own self defense gun. How many more were saved by it that you will never be able to throw into the equation.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

kallend

Last summer, she was elected as a Republican Precinct Delegate for Saint Joseph Charter Precinct 1."

Since your obviously trying to tie things together lets look at the mass murderers lately.Since they were all or nearly all democrats and liberals like you and billy and quade and andy it could be said the world would be better and safer if we just lock you all up now before you go on a mass killing spree..

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

catfishhunter

Since your obviously trying to tie things together lets look at the mass murderers lately.Since they were all or nearly all democrats and liberals like you and billy and quade and andy it could be said the world would be better and safer if we just lock you all up now before you go on a mass killing spree..

Please stop making shit up, it makes you look silly...er.

The idea that recent mass shooters are mostly registered Democrats is a myth

Andy9o8

Please stop making shit up, it makes you look silly...er.

The idea that recent mass shooters are mostly registered Democrats is a myth

LOL so to dispute me you use a liberal who says ", given the effectiveness of right-wing lies" yeah that story is going to be truthful. But coming from a lawyer what would the truth ever matter anyway...

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

this happened not too far from me. i saw some pictures of the suspect's gun, the phamicist's first shot hit the gun and disabled it. almost old west style, except it didn't fly out of his hand and he got killed by the next one. it was a facebook picture, i wish i could find it.