Darius11

Atheist kills Muslim family because of his beliefs, Location, Or maybe he is just a crazy person??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/11/chapel-hill-murders_n_6660080.html

Atheist kills Muslim family because of his beliefs, or maybe its because he is from Chapel Hill.

Sad story, my view we have crazy people everywhere, but This is SC and by some logic it must be because this kid was white, Lacked faith or its because he is from Chapel hill.

as word circulated that Hicks described himself as an "anti-theist" and criticized religions online, according to The Independent. That revelation, as well as a lack of media attention to the shooting Tuesday night, reportedly led to a "#MuslimLivesMatte

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/11/chapel-hill-murders_n_6660080.html

Atheist kills Muslim family because of his beliefs, or maybe its because he is from Chapel Hill.

Sad story, my view we have crazy people everywhere, but This is SC and by some logic it must be because this kid was white, Lacked faith or its because he is from Chapel hill.

as word circulated that Hicks described himself as an "anti-theist" and criticized religions online, according to The Independent. That revelation, as well as a lack of media attention to the shooting Tuesday night, reportedly led to a "#MuslimLivesMatte

Or it could just be a righteous gun owner involved in a parking dispute:

“Our preliminary investigation indicates that the crime was motivated by an ongoing neighbor dispute over parking,” the police said in a statement.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Oh i agree, but here is a guy who literally said i am killing these people because i am an Atheist.

Now if there is two more shootings does it become about the Atheism or the person, a hundred more. Just curious whats the number where people start blaming a belief system and not the person.

Also good to remember this dude was living a fantastic standard of life in the US and no one was kicking down his door, invading his land, or bowing up his family on a daily bases for 10 years.

Just things to keep the ones who always lack perspective to maybe get some.

kallend

***http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/11/chapel-hill-murders_n_6660080.html

Or it could just be a righteous gun owner involved in a parking dispute:

“Our preliminary investigation indicates that the crime was motivated by an ongoing neighbor dispute over parking,” the police said in a statement.

Yes Kallend! it was just a simple dispute but the man made sure to bring up his beliefs when he was arrested for the,murder. Funny how that works.

Now if he would have yelled Alho akbar!??

Darius11

Oh i agree, but here is a guy who literally said i am killing these people because i am an Atheist.

Now if there is two more shootings does it become about the Atheism or the person, a hundred more. Just curious whats the number where people start blaming a belief system and not the person.

Also good to remember this dude was living a fantastic standard of life in the US and no one was kicking down his door, invading his land, or bowing up his family on a daily bases for 10 years.

Just things to keep the ones who always lack perspective to maybe get some.

1. He claimed to be "anti-theist", not atheist.

2. Atheism is not a belief system. It is the absence of a belief system.

here is a guy who literally said i am killing these people because i am an Atheist.

Sorry - I've seen a lot of detail published about this guy, but I don't see where he made a statement ("literally said") that he killed, or intended to kill, these particular victims because he's an atheist. But, I have an open mind, and the story is developing quickly - do you have a link that I've missed?

You are right, So Agnostic then?

It is his lack of faith that must have lead him down the path of violence, only if he was a Jew, Christian or Muslim he would have known killing is a sin.

:|

Stop worrying about stuff like that Andy

on Facebook and Twitter, as word circulated that Hicks described himself as an "anti-theist" and criticized religions online

Why are you trying analyze the facts to see if there is a property dispute, or any other history.

He hates god and he killed people who love god, Black and white buddy just the way SC handles all other issues.

All this looking at facts and trying to be objective, wonder how the tone would change if it said Muslim kills Atheist family in Chapel hill after posting on Facebook he hates nonbelievers.

CNN would still be running the story.

Hello back buddy.

I get that this is a dude is to be judged on an individual bases my friend, i am from the church of i don't know my self. I just find it very interesting how people decide to react to incidents depending on who has done what to whom, instead of what is done. I also notice that in general people who group up people never seem to group up themselves. So i am playing a little devils advocate i was sure i made it obvious. Don't want you to waist your energy arguing with me when we basically agree on this.

Ass hole kills innocent people. that's the way i see it regardless of his religion lack of or what he said on facebook.

Andy9o8

My post #8 asks you to provide a source to the "he literally said" assertion you make in your post #4. You either have it or you don't.

Hicks described himself as an "anti-theist" and criticized religions online

He posted on his facebook and social media that's not enough??

Andy9o8

You either have the source of your assertion or you don't.

Do you?

I did dude already posted what the article used. They mentioned he has expressed hatred for religions on his social media.

Darius11

***You either have the source of your assertion or you don't.

Do you?

I did dude already posted what the article used. They mentioned he has expressed hatred for religions on his social media.

You've answered my question. Putting it kindly, you took 2+2 and came up with 5.

Darius

here is a guy who literally said i am killing these people because i am an Atheist.

No. He didn't. Yes, he said lots of crazy anti-theist shit. But he didn't say he killed these 3 people because he's an atheist.

SC math:)

He expressed how he felt about people who believe, and had mentioned his self as an Anti-Theist, then he kills a family of Muslims.

According to SC math i took 2+2 and came up with 4.5 most come up with JELLO.

The guy killed because his belief system found it to be okay. He was previously vocal about his bigotry toward religious people. This it didn't take much to set him off, and he justified it to himself as an anti-theist.

It doesn't take being religious to hate. Or to kill.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I am just waiting for the same guys who always blame ALL Muslims or Islam to jump on and talk about how the lack of belief must have been the key.

I'll be expecting a few posts and new threads about how a lack of belief leads to violence.

SC math funny how it only works when people want.;)

The guy killed because his belief system found it to be okay.

Or, quite possibly, if not even probably, he killed because he's a whack job paranoid sociopath, with all other internal rationalization (which he chose to refer to as his belief system, just as those who wear foil hats to keep the zombie-rays out have a belief system) being part of his delusional process.

Clearly all atheists need to be eliminated. Get atheists out of government and what those guys.

*you can just tell by looking a someone if they are one of those fanatical atheists*

Hey, I'm not against all atheists, just those fundamentalist militaristic atheists

Look, they are all crazy because I don't see the general populace of those atheists speaking out against this guy

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

lawrocket

The guy killed because his belief system found it to be okay. He was previously vocal about his bigotry toward religious people. This it didn't take much to set him off, and he justified it to himself as an anti-theist.

It doesn't take being religious to hate. Or to kill.

I think he was just an angry white male gun owner who couldn't control his anger over a parking dispute.

rehmwa

Get atheists out of government

We're already the only belief class that can't hold public office in several US states. I don't think I'm even eligible for jury duty in one or two states.

As for this shithead that killed those people? He's a cunt. If he was a Christian he'd be a cunt, if he were a Jew he'd be a cunt, and as an atheist, he's still a cunt.

I hate religion, I think religious people are gullible and their brains are wired wrong, but I'd never, ever do harm to someone solely because I disagree with his or her belief structure.

Fanatics come in all forms, sadly, and atheists have our own bad apples.

Now, I don't know if he did this because of his beliefs because 1. I haven't read the articles, and 2. We can't really know what was going in his head anyway.

If he did? He's extra terrible. It's generally inexcusable to intentionally take a life without consent unless it's in defense of self or others, but to do it because of something… ugh.

If it was over something else and people are seizing on it because he's an atheist? On the one hand, the media does it to Muslims all the time so at least it's consistent, but on the other hand it shouldn't be done to Muslims, either. Or ANYONE.
cavete terrae.