lawrocket

King Abdullah of Jordan Responds to Immolation of Jordanian Pilot by ISIS

Rick

That is true and it was imported to the north by the southerners coming to work in the factories.

Bit it was not all about religion. The clan leaders played on peoples fear of the immigrant and the newly freed blacks taking away jobs the "real Americans" should have.

In his "Segregation Now" speech, George Wallace invokes God 27 times and calls the federal government opposing him "a system that is the very opposite of Christ."

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Iago

This "eye for an eye" shit needs to stop. We are NOT as evil as they are, so we shouldn't behave like we are.

What if that is all that they will respond to is violence of action against them that is being proven to wipe them off the face of the earth. Will you then believe in that?

That does NOT mean we have to resort to the same vile tactics they do. In WWII we didn't respond to Japanese and Nazi atrocities with atrocities of our own, yet we still prevailed AND (mostly) took the high road.

You're right. In this particular case we don't have to resort to the same vile tactics as ISIS.

We can now let Jordan do that for us.

All we have to do is keep Jordan supplied and let them do the dirty work. If ISIS was expecting Jordan to keep the gloves on and follow restrictive ROEs, they are sadly mistaken.

I have no problem with that, since this should be a Middle-Eastern fight anyways.

ISIL's atrocities have energized Turkey, Jordan, Japan, the UAE, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the International Union of Muslim Scholars, and even some jihadist Sunni clerics and the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood against them. The WORST possible thing we could do is tit-for-tat atrocities as has been proposed by some of the more stupid members of Congress and meme creators.

Atrocities are the quickest way to make enemies. We don't need to do that.

Has anyone see the Queen of Jordan?:o
She cleans up real good!B|

https://www.google.com/search?q=Jordan%27s+Queen+Rania&es_sm=119&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0IvVVIHJOIH2oAT8hoC4DQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1232&bih=1078

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The U.S. has completed 946 airstrikes against ISIS while Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and, the UAE combined have only done 79.

It seems a lot of "hate Obama" meme creators should do a little more research.

kallend

The U.S. has completed 946 airstrikes against ISIS while Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and, the UAE combined have only done 79.

Indeed. The U.S. has done quite a lot with it. I suspect that the rest wil be stepping it up, too.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

kallend

I wonder how many he has killed as "collateral damage". Just think about all those innocent peace loving Muslims who have died. No wonder they hate us.

lawrocket

***The U.S. has completed 946 airstrikes against ISIS while Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and, the UAE combined have only done 79.

Indeed. The U.S. has done quite a lot with it. I suspect that the rest wil be stepping it up, too.

I agree and hope so too. All the mideastern arabic/muslim nations need to rise up and take a stand. This is their problem. The more they deal with it and the less WE become involved, the better. Now if they want to buy our weapons to help fight ISIS with, then cool.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

lawrocket

***The U.S. has completed 946 airstrikes against ISIS while Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and, the UAE combined have only done 79.

According to the Pentagon, the Arab coalition partners aren't doing any bombing of ISIL targets in Syria - the US is doing over well over 90% of that.

BillyVance

I agree and hope so too. All the mideastern arabic/muslim nations need to rise up and take a stand. This is their problem. The more they deal with it and the less WE become involved, the better. Now if they want to buy our weapons to help fight ISIS with, then cool.

I would favor going into every village close enough to be threatened by IS, and handing out AK-47's to every able-bodied person old enough to handle one, along with a few thousand rounds of ammo, and training in how to use it.. Doing this ahead of time could make things a lot more challenging for the Idiotic State.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

I would favor going into every village close enough to be threatened by IS, and handing out AK-47's to every able-bodied person old enough to handle one, along with a few thousand rounds of ammo, and training in how to use it.. Doing this ahead of time could make things a lot more challenging for the Idiotic State.

Reagan's arming of the Taliban worked out so well, after all.

ryoder

"John Allen, the US coordinator for the anti-IS coalition of Western and Arab countries, said Sunday that Iraqi troops would begin a major ground offensive against the jihadists "in the weeks ahead"."

Gee, I feel better already.

The Iraqi military. Brought to you by the same people who brought you the ARVN.

This fellow makes some reasonably compelling points about the burning video suggestng it is faked that makes sense.

I have not decided yet if it is definitive but I did not watch the video until after reading this article.

I did not want to watch someone burning alive.

However after watching the video I am not entirely sure this man is in fact burning alive.

The flames do 'look' fake and he does not seem to be reacting like a person that is being burned to death, but hey. I have not experienced anyone burning to death and I am not a video CGI expert.

http://www.thomaswictor.com/the-jordanian-pilot-was-not-burned-alive/

The most peculiar still image (capture) to me, is the one showing him supposedly engulfed in flames, while his shirt that was apparently doused in accelerant and his hair are not so much as singed.

Something to ponder anyway.

We know King Abdullah II has been funding and training ISIS indirectly by arming and training Syrian opposition rebels that have sworn to be ISIS allies... So something about all of this did have me scratching my head.

This article then pops up so I guess it is plausible.

ryoder

The KKK recruited almost exclusively from white protestants.

Kelly J. Baker, Gospel According to the Klan: The KKK's Appeal to Protestant America, 1915-1930 (2011), p. 248.

And they hated Catholics, and used a burning cross in their meetings, and as a "calling card" for those they wanted to intimidate.

Seems that lynchings were even more common than previously thought.

www.newser.com/story/202504/souths-history-of-racial-terror-newly-found-700-lynchings.html?utm_source=syn&utm_medium=goognews&utm_campaign=chan3_feed&google_editors_picks=true

Andy9o8

***and that's only in the Southern states

of course that is where the majority of the lynchings took place but there were several in the northern states also

Here are some raw data.

thanks
most of the white lynchings in the northern states were for being negro sympathizers
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!