Darius11

Something i hope and think we all agree on, The ISIS

regulator

******Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet.

Those seem like some good things being promoted that came out of believing in ghosts. No to mention all the help that has been given by members of a church to someone in need.

Hammurabi believed in ghosts?

(All of the "Thou Shalt Not" parts of the ten Commandments were plagiarized from earlier cultures).

Also, comparing kids who grew up in religious vs secular households:

"When these teens mature into "godless" adults, they exhibit less racism than their religious counterparts, according to a 2010 Duke University study. Many psychological studies show that secular grownups tend to be less vengeful, less nationalistic, less militaristic, less authoritarian and more tolerant, on average, than religious adults."

Oh for fucks sake john. Nobody other than normiss (someone else looking for another reason to discriminate against christians) gives two shits about some stupid ass survey somebody made at duke university.

Just jump on normiss' bandwagon of bashing christians on every post and just stick with that.

And daily we see, right here in SC, the intolerant, vengeful and nationalistic nature of the religious among us.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

mccurley

I agree. Every body seems to hate them, condems them, so on and so on.

BUT..... Somebody is supplying them with ammunition!!

Why is there not a concerted effort under way by all nations to stop the flow of weaponry. I see nothing in the press about this. Nothing suggesting it is being done. Nothing suggesting who it is.

Who is supplying the goods and for what end? Money? Religion? ????

https://www.google.com/search?q=where+is+isis+getting+their+weapons&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=nts

mccurley

I agree. Every body seems to hate them, condems them, so on and so on.

Why is there not a concerted effort under way by all nations to stop the flow of weaponry. I see nothing in the press about this. Nothing suggesting it is being done. Nothing suggesting who it is.

From my understanding the money for the ISIS came from the Saudi Arabia . Not sure if it is still coming or not. The guns they got from the Iraqi Army which is all made in the US.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I'm seeing this group of thugs les like religious thugs and more like thugs. Does anyone with religious principles demand cold hard cash to save the life of an infidel? Allah Akbar is shown by that?

It doesn't take belief in God or gods or ghosts to pull this crap. Look at Pol Pot.

ISIS are straight up thugs. They are criminals and sociopaths who found something that, in their minds, makes it okay to think what they think and do what they do. It used to be Christians in the Crusades or the Inquisition. Torquemada used religion as a way to justify his blood lust.

Look at North Korea. Executing dudes by having them ripped to shreds by wild dogs. Hitler wasn't a religious leader. Neither were Stalin or Mao. Those secular guys did a fine job of wasting tens of millions of people. Often times with spectacular cruelty.

Hell, look at America with its fairly recent history of lynchings. Not often accomplished without cruelty and rarely religious.

Sometime watch the Iceman confessions, where Richard Kuklinski is interviewed. Tell me whether that guy would fit right in with ISIS. The guys in ISIS have more in common with him than with the guy running the corner store.

They are thugs. And they use religion not at a reason for their thuggery but as a justification for it. They want power. They want money. They want death. They, like the primarily secular government of Saddam, have mastered the Macchiavellian model of better to be feared than liked.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

normiss

I have yet to see any positive contribution to the planet by believing in ghosts.
You have your opinions, I have mine.
Enjoy your day.

I think that's incorrect, i mean from a guy who is willing to die for the right cause or the just cause i bet many of them believed in a higher purpose. I also think many people do good and help others because of that belief in ghosts. Yes there is evil as well but it is not one sided by any means.

Different time in history and a different zombie, same approach, same murdering approach. The early christians also took land, money, and any and all valuable property and belongings.
In re the lynchings, a lot of that was done in gods name. Hell even the KKK tries to portend a belief in god.
ALL of this is eerily similar to religious doctrine over the planet.
Early converts were typically out of fear of torture to a point of "confession" and ostracizing that occurred to non-believers, jews, and anybody else they disliked or hated.
It's no different today.

normiss

uhhh...I didn't specify a hatred for any religion, just how retarded they all are.
Yet here you folks are, defending the historical murders committed under the name of some "supreme being" while denigrating another for the exact same thing.
Personally, I find that rather retarded.

I just want to add one thing and i wonder if you agree. I think at the root of the problem is not the type of religion or even religion it self. To me the main issue Idealism, people who are sure when no one could possibly be.

lawrocket

I'm seeing this group of thugs les like religious thugs and more like thugs. Does anyone with religious principles demand cold hard cash to save the life of an infidel? Allah Akbar is shown by that?

It doesn't take belief in God or gods or ghosts to pull this crap. Look at Pol Pot.

ISIS are straight up thugs. They are criminals and sociopaths who found something that, in their minds, makes it okay to think what they think and do what they do. It used to be Christians in the Crusades or the Inquisition. Torquemada used religion as a way to justify his blood lust.

Look at North Korea. Executing dudes by having them ripped to shreds by wild dogs. Hitler wasn't a religious leader. Neither were Stalin or Mao. Those secular guys did a fine job of wasting tens of millions of people. Often times with spectacular cruelty.

Hell, look at America with its fairly recent history of lynchings. Not often accomplished without cruelty and rarely religious.

Sometime watch the Iceman confessions, where Richard Kuklinski is interviewed. Tell me whether that guy would fit right in with ISIS. The guys in ISIS have more in common with him than with the guy running the corner store.

They are thugs. And they use religion not at a reason for their thuggery but as a justification for it. They want power. They want money. They want death. They, like the primarily secular government of Saddam, have mastered the Macchiavellian model of better to be feared than liked.

Thank you for that post. I could not agree more.

Darius11

***I agree. Every body seems to hate them, condems them, so on and so on.

From my understanding the money for the ISIS came from the Saudi Arabia . Not sure if it is still coming or not. The guns they got from the Iraqi Army which is all made in the US.

There is a multi national meeting in Brussles today meeting discussing how to stop ISIS from moving their money around.

Biggest money maker is the sale of oil; 1 to 2 million barrels a day according to some reports.
Ransom another $20 million a year.
Donations from wealthy supporters, mainly Saudie Arabia and Qatar.
Blackmail and theft from people in their controlled areas.

IS is supposedly the best funded terror organization ever.

As far as not having sophisticated PR. I beg to differ. It will be interesting to see what happens in Jordan. The killed pilot came from a very powerful clan, a clan who used to be strong supporters of the King. There are suggestions this clan is now turning against the King, possibly destabalizing Jordan. I believe that has been the plan/play with the Jordanian pilot all along.

Underestimating IS leadership would only work in their favour.

As to whom is supplying them with ammo and weapons. Whatever they haven't stolen they can purchase. There will always be people willing to make a buck regardless of whom they are doing business with.

Just look at history, lots of North Americans were very happy to do business with and make money of the Nazis.

normiss

Different time in history and a different zombie, same approach, same murdering approach. The early christians also took land, money, and any and all valuable property and belongings.
In re the lynchings, a lot of that was done in gods name. Hell even the KKK tries to portend a belief in god.
ALL of this is eerily similar to religious doctrine over the planet.
Early converts were typically out of fear of torture to a point of "confession" and ostracizing that occurred to non-believers, jews, and anybody else they disliked or hated.
It's no different today.

All of this is eerily similar to despotism. Despotism comes in many flavors but it's all despotism. You're right - the KKK tries to use religion as a justification but that's their own way of justifying it. Just like a child molester says that the 8 year old came on to him and wanted it. They'll find something, anything, to justify it in their minds.

Think of all the gangsta rappers that want to thank God. Right.

Maybe for me is just prefer to think of a thug as a thug.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

RonD1120

I would like to coalition forces return to the use of napalm.

As you well know, given the terrain and the deployment of fighters, that would undoubtedly cause many civilian casualties. Of course, dead civilians can't breed, so I presume that's part of your intent.

SkyDekker

From my understanding the money for the ISIS came from the Saudi Arabia . Not sure if it is still coming or not.....

There is a multi national meeting in Brussles today meeting discussing how to stop ISIS from moving their money around.

Donations from wealthy supporters, mainly Saudie Arabia and Qatar.
Blackmail and theft from people in their controlled areas.

IS is supposedly the best funded terror organization ever.
Just look at history, lots of North Americans were very happy to do business with and make money of the Nazis.

"WASHINGTON — In highly unusual testimony inside the federal supermax prison, a former operative for Al Qaeda has described prominent members of Saudi Arabia’s royal family as major donors to the terrorist network in the late 1990s and claimed that he discussed a plan to shoot down Air Force One with a Stinger missile with a staff member at the Saudi Embassy in Washington."
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/04/us/zacarias-moussaoui-calls-saudi-princes-patrons-of-al-qaeda.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=first-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

If you look back at every single post I made to you regarding your stance against christians not once have I made a remark against your beliefs. I only call you out because you seem to make remarks that lump all christians as judging assholes that constantly look down on others.

Great so in your opinion please post the names of the ones you title religious. I onlyowered it to this thread as something in here set you off. So please either from this thread or from all of SC name as many people as you can think of that you label religious.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

regulator

If you look back at every single post I made to you regarding your stance against christians not once have I made a remark against your beliefs. I only call you out because you seem to make remarks that lump all christians as judging assholes that constantly look down on others.

Could it be he is countering the people who make remarks that lump all muslims as terrorists who want to kill americans?

>How about a post where you aren't whining about christians. Like that'll ever happen.

How about this -

If you (and your ilk*) can go a day without whining about Muslims I'll buy you a beer. Heck, I'll buy you a six pack and have it delivered to your favorite DZ courtesy of you.

(* - my new favorite word)