Darius11

Something i hope and think we all agree on, The ISIS

So as far as i can see and read all countries and groups other then the ISIS hates the ISIS. Even ones that don;t seem to agree on any thing else seem to agree that the ISIS needs to be killed off.

So it would seem that lets kill these guys is what we can all agree on. So why are these fuckers not turned to pink mist yet?

Basically is there any one or any country that does not want the ISIS eliminated?

I feel like i am missing something?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I think everyone hates them bigtime; there might be some who see them as fellow Sunnis, but those are probably very limited (similar to the very small number in the US who see the Westboro Baptist Church as fellow Christians).

They're not really much worse than Boko Haram; maybe a little more media-savvy, though. I'd like to see both of these groups wiped off the face of the earth.

I wouldn't want to see the US leading an effort -- it's something that belongs in the Middle East, just as WW2, against Hitler, belonged in Europe, with the US assisting (yes, after being attacked by another Axis member).

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I think everyone hates them bigtime; there might be some who see them as fellow Sunnis, but those are probably very limited (similar to the very small number in the US who see the Westboro Baptist Church as fellow Christians).

They're not really much worse than Boko Haram; maybe a little more media-savvy, though. I'd like to see both of these groups wiped off the face of the earth.

Wendy P.

Agree, and i think everyone agrees as well, I believe every country in the region is fighting them the only one i am not sure of (don't have information) is Saudi Arabia.

And they are not strong compared to a real army i am just blown away that these guys are still around.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I agree. Every body seems to hate them, condems them, so on and so on.

BUT..... Somebody is supplying them with ammunition!!

Why is there not a concerted effort under way by all nations to stop the flow of weaponry. I see nothing in the press about this. Nothing suggesting it is being done. Nothing suggesting who it is.

Who is supplying the goods and for what end? Money? Religion? ????
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

I think ISIS may be the one factor that brings a little unity to the Middle East for a short while. The US can't take them out alone. Hopefully the rest of the Arab world will get pissed off enough to help eradicate them, and other terror groups.

for all their awfulness, the IS aren't very sophisticated at public relations yet. (thank god). There have been many more successful terrorist organizations - can you imagine the 1980's IRA with access to the internet and media today???

They've not twigged that while 'freedom fighters' can be romantic if spun the right way, setting captured pilots on fire isn't going to have the effect they want...

I agree with Grimmie - it won't take too much more of this sort of stuff to see a much more unified middle eastern response and the issue of course, is how many people become the collateral damage when that happens? [:/]

What was the line by LBJ... something about not sending American boys to do a job that Asians boys ought to be doing for themselves?

Yeah you could argue that if ISIS was not direct consequence of American boys doing things over there.

ibx

What was the line by LBJ... something about not sending American boys to do a job that Asians boys ought to be doing for themselves?

Yeah you could argue that if ISIS was not direct consequence of American boys doing things over there.

You are absolutely correct, but at some point we need to cut our losses.

jclalor

Yes, he said that in 1964 while campaigning for election as President. He was lying, to increase his chances of getting elected, just as he lied about the Gulf of Tonkin "Incident" in 1964 to get blank-check Congressional approval to send troops to Vietnam. Indeed, in the Spring of 1965, just a few months after making that "pledge", he sent 25,000 "American boys" to Vietnam. In July of 1965 he sent over another 100,000. Later that year he authorized another 100,000 to be sent in 1966.

Why wasn't christianity eliminated when they were doing the same things?
Now it seems a large portion of the planet are cool with it.
God must be awesome for eliminating the non-believers that the christians hated so much.
WTF?
I don't understand the difference once the media is taken out of the situation.

normiss

Why wasn't christianity eliminated when they were doing the same things?
Now it seems a large portion of the planet are cool with it.
God must be awesome for eliminating the non-believers that the christians hated so much.
WTF?
I don't understand the difference once the media is taken out of the situation.

How about a post where you aren't whining about christians. Like that'll ever happen.

I honestly believe if you had my mother take you to church when you were a kid you would have a completely different outlook. When I didnt want to go to church...I didn't go. She never made me. She only let me go when I wanted to be there.

As for your past and hatred of christians. You need to let that go too.

Life is too short.

I don't hate them, I just disagree with them, their methods, their thefts, their murders of non-believers.
Now history is repeating itself with another religion, but this time it's bad.
How does one logic that insanity out?
Religion continues to repeat the exact same insanity and hatred on this planet since the beginnings of human history.
Stop ignoring that simply because you have chosen one version of insanity over another with the exact same insanity!
:S:S:S

FYI - I was never forced to go to church, not sure where that came from. I stopped going when I figured it out.

Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet.

Those seem like some good things being promoted that came out of believing in ghosts. No to mention all the help that has been given by members of a church to someone in need.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not steal.
You shall not covet.

Those seem like some good things being promoted that came out of believing in ghosts. No to mention all the help that has been given by members of a church to someone in need.

Hammurabi believed in ghosts?

(All of the "Thou Shalt Not" parts of the ten Commandments were plagiarized from earlier cultures. Moses apparently omitted the "Thou shalt not plagiarize" one).

Also, comparing kids who grew up in religious vs secular households:

"When these teens mature into "godless" adults, they exhibit less racism than their religious counterparts, according to a 2010 Duke University study. Many psychological studies show that secular grownups tend to be less vengeful, less nationalistic, less militaristic, less authoritarian and more tolerant, on average, than religious adults."

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

I don't hate them, I just disagree with them, their methods, their thefts, their murders of non-believers.
Now history is repeating itself with another religion, but this time it's bad.
How does one logic that insanity out?
Religion continues to repeat the exact same insanity and hatred on this planet since the beginnings of human history.
Stop ignoring that simply because you have chosen one version of insanity over another with the exact same insanity!
:S:S:S

FYI - I was never forced to go to church, not sure where that came from. I stopped going when I figured it out.

Then stop keyholing all christians into the same nomenclature of the ilk of those you 'figured out'.

Honestly in retrospect I doubt you figured anything out...

You just made up your mind. Two totally different things.

kallend

***Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not steal.
You shall not covet.

Hammurabi believed in ghosts?

(All of the "Thou Shalt Not" parts of the ten Commandments were plagiarized from earlier cultures).

Also, comparing kids who grew up in religious vs secular households:

"When these teens mature into "godless" adults, they exhibit less racism than their religious counterparts, according to a 2010 Duke University study. Many psychological studies show that secular grownups tend to be less vengeful, less nationalistic, less militaristic, less authoritarian and more tolerant, on average, than religious adults."

Oh for fucks sake john. Nobody other than normiss (someone else looking for another reason to discriminate against christians) gives two shits about some stupid ass survey somebody made at duke university.

Just jump on normiss' bandwagon of bashing christians on every post and just stick with that.

uhhh...I didn't specify a hatred for any religion, just how retarded they all are.
Yet here you folks are, defending the historical murders committed under the name of some "supreme being" while denigrating another for the exact same thing.
Personally, I find that rather retarded.