rushmc

"The truth about Islam our elites willfully ignore"

SkyDekker

Your straw man finely illustrates my point. Thank you. :)

I guess we'll but you down for being blindfolded, having your hands tied behind your back and being thrown off a building....:)
While yes, it is a straw man, some people can't walk by a woman being raped and not do anything about it....

Or being sold as a sex slave.... By the thousands....
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

I hope you are correct. My style is to prepare for the worst and hope for the best, that is proactive as opposed to reactive.

How many Islamic radicals committing terror in the Tampa Bay area would it take for you to become proactive?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jgoose71

Yet, somehow, those same Americans seem to believe that people elsewhere in the world welcome being invaded and occupied, especially if the invaders are Americans.

Because Americans are taught/brainwahsed/indoctrinated/whatever you want to call it, from an early age that they live in the greatest country in the world. That American and Americans are the best at everything. From that perspective it would be hard to believe a country would not want to be invaded and "liberated" by Americans.

So if your choices were:
(1) being burned alive,
(2) stoned to death,
(3) beheaded,
(4) shot,
(5) thrown off a building,
(6) "being liberated by America,"

Which would you choose?

Yes. This is exactly what the choices are. B|
Remster

jgoose71

***Your straw man finely illustrates my point. Thank you. :)

I guess we'll but you down for being blindfolded, having your hands tied behind your back and being thrown off a building....:)
While yes, it is a straw man, some people can't walk by a woman being raped and not do anything about it....

That is a fine stance. But it isn't true.

What country has the US invaded or waged war on because of the way it was treating its own citizens/subjects?

RonD1120

I hope you are correct. My style is to prepare for the worst and hope for the best, that is proactive as opposed to reactive.

How many Islamic radicals committing terror in the Tampa Bay area would it take for you to become proactive?

Gosh. Certainly not less than one half of 1 percent of all the Muslims in the Tampa Bay area.

Now, This image of terror in Tampa Bay depicts a shark. Somehow, I find that warmly comforting.

>How many Islamic radicals committing terror in the Tampa Bay area would it take for
>you to become proactive?

How many Christian criminals committing terror in the Tampa Bay area would it take for you to stop fearing Muslims over Christians? Of the 2000 violent crimes in Tampa per year, let's say 1900 of them were by Christians, and half of them (950) struck terror into the hearts of their victims. What would it take? 1000? 10,000? 100,000?

Or is your position that terror crimes committed by Christians are universally acceptable?

So if your choices were:
(1) being burned alive,
(2) stoned to death,
(3) beheaded,
(4) shot,
(5) thrown off a building,
(6) "being liberated by America,"

From your perspective it's being liberated. From their perspective it's being occupied.

And in case you forgot, wars have casualties. 'Shock and awe' was fucking designed to have an extreme psychological impact on the population - you can't expect that to simply go away once the fighting's over.

So what about this choice, do you want your family members to be arrested and executed by the police, or blown up by a foreign airstrike?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I was in elementary school during the McCarthy era. "I Was a Communist for the FBI" was one of my favorite TV shows. Donald Rumsfeld did award me a Certificate Of Recognition for my part in winning the Cold War. Those were good times.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

What percentage of Americans would like to see all Muslims killed? There are several who post here in Speaker's Corner who Regularly voice that opinion. How often do we hear that we should turn the entire Arab world into a "glass parking lot"? In all seriousness I bet at least 10% of the US population would have no qualms about exterminating everyone who follows Islam. That's a good 32 million right there. After all, "you must choose a side" and "being neutral is not an option".

A pox on both houses, I say.

Well...you can twitter, fritter, rationilize all you like. Be my guest. I'll offer you two rather direct points.

1) You might not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.

Accordingly

2) You might not be interested in Islam but Islam is intrested in you. And if I might add, it's interest is under terms you probably won't like.

Until then as as they say.

Don't you pine for the good ole days when commies hid under people's beds? Bet you miss them.

Ya know, back in 2004, I enjoyed a breakfast and a very enlightening three hour conversation with an X KGB Colonel who worked in the KGB's First Chief Directorate i.e. blackmail, turning citizens, $#!t like that. I do recall him talking about one of his colleagues getting stuck under a bed one night during an op. It was real funny when he reflected on it but it did not seem funny at the time (when his colleague came back in from the cold).

SkyDekker

******Your straw man finely illustrates my point. Thank you. :)

That is a fine stance. But it isn't true.

What country has the US invaded or waged war on because of the way it was treating its own citizens/subjects?

What part's not true? The raping? The sex slaves? Beheadings?

You know, these things are a lot easier to ignore if you close your eyes, plug your ears, and yell "LALALALALA!!!!!!!"
:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: (I'm learning to argue like a liberal...)

On a serious note, I really wouldn't care what was going on over there is it wan't for the fact that they want to spread there caliphate into places I like to go. I would be content to just contain them and let them kill them selves off.

I'm just left with the feeling that we are going to have to fight them sooner or later. Just look at what happened in France. And I would much rather fight them over there than over here.

If you think that fighting a war in another country will fuck up your economy, you should see what fighting a war in your country does.

And for all the reasons to go to war, "because of the way they are treating there citizens" isn't the worst reason we have ever fought a war.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Remster

What part's not true? The raping? The sex slaves? Beheadings?

Does that happen in several middle east countries? Sure.

Now, replace beheading with daily shootings, and you what part is not true about life in the US?

Are we talking government sanctioned on a massive scope?

I'm pretty sure you can find Gerbil rape in the U.S., but the average person would condemn it, not vote the guy into office and hold him up as an example.

billvon

>Now, replace beheading with daily shootings

That's COMPLETELY different! Our crime is far more civilized and modern - stabbings, rape, murder by gun, sex slavery, that sort of thing.

Your right! When you look at the occurrence rate and scope of the crimes and how they effect your daily life, I'm pretty sure life here and life there are VERY different.

>When you look at the occurrence rate and scope of the crimes and how they effect
>your daily life, I'm pretty sure life here and life there are VERY different.

Indeed they are.

US murder rate: 5 per 100,000
Saudi Arabia murder rate: 1 per 100,000

US rape rate: 26 per 100,000
Saudi Arabia rape rate: 3 per 100,000

So to use your question before. Would you rather be:

1) murdered,
2) raped, or
3) live in Saudi Arabia?

While those numbers are what are reported, are you really arguing that life in Saudi Arabia or Iraq is the same as the U.S? You think there is a Moral Equivalent?

I'll buy you a ticket to move you and your family there if you really think that, I mean, according you your statistics, life might even be better.....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: