rushmc

"The truth about Islam our elites willfully ignore"

Go ahead, call me names. Most of you here know it matters very little to me
Steve Deace started locally in Iowa on a Des Moines station and he is growing. Some of you here would call him very radical. I will call him very blunt
In any event, He wrote this for the Washington Times this year.

Cosider the facts

By Steve Deace - - Tuesday, January 20, 2015

To many in the Muslim world, the United States is “the great Satan.” Nevertheless, there is no place safer and more prosperous in the world for a Muslim to live than right here.

Why is that?

It’s because there is something fundamental about Islam we have chosen to ignore due to political correctness. This truth is so self-evident, I find myself nodding my head in agreement with Bill Maher — someone whose worldview is the polar opposite of mine — whenever he speaks on the subject of the West and Islam.

This truth is that Islam has literally been at war with others and itself from the very beginning. It’s founder, Muhammad, spent the last two decades of his life in almost constant warfare. Unlike Christ, who willingly gave up his own life to pay the penalty for the sins of others, Muhammad died taking the lives of others who would not willingly submit to Allah.

This is historical fact.

Since Muhammad left no obvious heir, his followers immediately broke down into rival camps — our modern-day Sunnis and Shiites — that have been warring with each other since long before the Holy Roman Empire gave birth to what we now know as Western Civilization. Furthermore, one of the rationales for forming the Holy Roman Empire in the first place was to combat the Muslim invasion of Europe.

This is another historical fact.

Much of what we today call the “Muslim world” was originally a key component of the Christian world. In fact, the term “Christians” was first applied to Jesus’ followers in Syria. The apocalyptic Book of Revelation begins with letters to seven churches in what was then called Asia Minor, which is our modern-day Turkey. Some of the oldest enclaves of Christianity were in places like Egypt and Lebanon, but their numbers dwindled considerably throughout the centuries due to violent Islamic conquest of those regions.

This, again, is historical fact.

The first overseas war in our nation’s history was against Muslims known as the Barbary Coast Pirates, whose ambassador admitted to Thomas Jefferson they were raiding our ships because “it was their right and duty to make war upon (infidels) wherever they can be found” in the name of Muhammad. The line from the Marine’s hymn “to the shores of Tripoli” is a reference to this war. So our nation faced Islamic jihad long before we discovered Middle Eastern oil and started meddling in their affairs, contrary to the misguided view of history often espoused by Ron Paul.

Once more, this is historical fact.

Islam has never established a culture that both installed sharia law and recognized individual freedoms. Those that tried faced conquest from the caliphate (see Ottoman Empire of yesteryear and ISIS of today), or incursions from their own radicals for betraying the faith.

Finally, this is not only a fact of history but a fact of our right now.

There is no place in the world today where Islam dominates the culture and mankind is truly free, which is why our politically correct elites often declare Islam is in need of its own Reformation. However, what they don’t understand, because they ignore history (and thus reality) in favor of their own confirmation bias, is that violence within Islam is its Reformation.

If you have truly studied the Koran you know why. There is inspiration in the Koran, and there is ugliness, too. Like Allah turning the Jews into apes and pigs, and the numerous calls to wage war on infidels. And you don’t have to look hard to find it. This confusion within the Koran creates confusion within Islam. As people who seek to spread Allah’s message peacefully, and those who do so by any means necessary, can honestly call upon passages from the same book to justify their actions. Attempts by our politically-correct leaders to divorce violence from Islam only emboldens the jihadists to kill all the more to fight for the purity of their faith, just as the Koran demands.

Political correctness, which embraces moral relativism, will quickly respond with all the blood spilled within Christianity by Protestants and Catholics in the past. However, the reason we haven’t seen that happen in the United States is our Founding Fathers learned from that history, and established a civilization based on individual rights. That your rights don’t come from a group identity, class distinction or government. That you have rights no one can take away from you, because you were made as an individual in the image of the Creator, who is where our rights come from.

It is impossible to establish a society within a Muslim world on such a premise, because Islam doesn’t champion the individual but the group. The world is simply divided into two camps — believers and unbelievers. And unlike the New Testament, which is clear a Christian is to treat others as he would like to be treated, there are several places where the Koran makes it quite clear unbelievers are less than second-class citizens.

Until we are willing to remove our politically correct blinders and objectively acknowledge history, as well as the reality of the worldview we’re up against, discussing solutions to this dilemma is pointless.

The first solution is to acknowledge the truth. Any so-called “solution” that ignores the truth is just going to get more people killed.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

How about you consider the facts.There are many Islamic countries in the world. When did Egypt declare war on the US? On Europe? How about Indonesia, when did they declare war on us? Can you name a single Islamic country that declared war on us before we invaded them? Yet if Mr. Deace is to be believed all people of the Islamic faith are mad dogs who want nothing more than to kill us. I suspect it is Mr. Deace who wants to see worldwide war over religion.

There are certainly some highly radicalized groups within the Islamic faith who have done us harm and would like to do more. These people are just a small fraction of the whole of the Islamic people, and they do much more damage to other Islamic people than they have done to us. The BBC analyzed patterns of attacks by these radicalized groups; they found that in November alone over 5,000 people were killed, more than 90% of them Muslim, and these attacks were mainly carried out by just two groups, ISIS and Boko Harem. There is no evidence to support any assertion that all Islamics are compelled by their religion to hate or want to kill Westerners. Mr. Deace has woefully misread history, or he has his own agenda for spreading his flavor of religion-based hate.

Only a few countries, and one in particular, consider the US to be the "great Satan". Perhaps not coincidentally that country is also the one that had its developing democracy overthrown by the CIA, and was forced to live for decades under the boot of a US-installed dictator who terrorized his own people, caused thousands to be imprisoned and tortured, and many of those disappeared and are unaccounted for to this day. The CIA trained his secret police in the techniques of torture, and we the people of the US supported this dictator with our tax dollars and military equipment. As ye reap, so shall you sow and all that.

I often wonder what the world would be like today if we had not thought we had some divine right to treat so many nations as our property. I imagine things could be quite different if we had allowed Iran to continue as a democracy, even if that meant that British Occidental (the precursor of BP) might have had to pay royalties on the oil it was plundering from Persia. Oh well, if wishes were fishes and all that.

Don

I think you misread Mr Deace.

But I thank you for a thoughtful response.
You also seem to return to the "its Americas fault" The US has yet to keep a country. And it is NOT about oil. They hate us for what we are. Not what we have done
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

They hate us for what we are. Not what we have done

. . . I'd be willing to bet it is both of those things.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

*** They hate us for what we are. Not what we have done

They hated us as non-believers long before we did anything. History shows this
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

****** They hate us for what we are. Not what we have done

They hated us as non-believers long before we did anything. History shows this

Replace "us" with "everyone not in their realm of belief" and then include "even some of our own believers" and you may have something.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Islam is the world's second largest religion. According to a 2010 study and released January 2011, Islam has 1.57 billion adherents, making up over 23% of the world population. According to the Pew Research Center in 2010 there were 49 Muslim-majority countries.
Muslim world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_worldWikipedia

If only 0.05% of the Muslims are jihadists committed to our demise, that means 78,500,000 of them are our enemies. How about only 0.025%; 39,250,000 want you, your family and your way of life destroyed.

The number of Christians around the world has nearly quadrupled in the last 100 years, from about 600 million in 1910 to more than 2 billion in 2010. But the world's overall population also has risen rapidly, from an estimated 1.8 billion in 1910 to 6.9 billion in 2010.Dec 19, 2011
The Size and Distribution of the World's Christian Population ...
www.pewforum.org/2011/12/19/global-christianity-exec/

Battle lines are being drawn and you must choose a side. Being neutral is not a viable option in the long run.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

If only 0.05% of the Muslims are jihadists committed to our demise, that means 78,500,000 of them are our enemies. How about only 0.025%; 39,250,000 want you, your family and your way of life destroyed.

What percentage of Americans would like to see all Muslims killed? There are several who post here in Speaker's Corner who Regularly voice that opinion. How often do we hear that we should turn the entire Arab world into a "glass parking lot"? In all seriousness I bet at least 10% of the US population would have no qualms about exterminating everyone who follows Islam. That's a good 32 million right there. After all, "you must choose a side" and "being neutral is not an option".

A pox on both houses, I say.

Don

RonD1120

Islam is the world's second largest religion. According to a 2010 study and released January 2011, Islam has 1.57 billion adherents, making up over 23% of the world population. According to the Pew Research Center in 2010 there were 49 Muslim-majority countries.
Muslim world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_worldWikipedia

Math is so hard! Lets go to the mall church of the bigoted instead!
Remster

RonD1120

On the other hand, if I just made up a bunch of numbers I could make Christians sound pretty bad too.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

According to BHO, 157,000,000 are radical Islamists. I was being conservative.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-999-muslims-reject-radical-islam_836303.html

Attached jpg shows that Germany only had 20,700,00 total in
WW2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wehrmacht
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jakee

On the other hand, if I just made up a bunch of numbers I could make Christians sound pretty bad too.

Calculating percentages is so VERY difficult. Have to divide by 100 and other hard stuff.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Calculating percentages is so VERY difficult. Have to divide by 100 and other hard stuff.

That depends on what definition of percentage you use.
Remster

It’s because there is something fundamental about Islam we have chosen to ignore due to political correctness. This truth is so self-evident, I find myself nodding my head in agreement with Bill Maher — someone whose worldview is the polar opposite of mine — whenever he speaks on the subject of the West and Islam.

This truth is that Islam has literally been at war with others and itself from the very beginning. It’s founder, Muhammad, spent the last two decades of his life in almost constant warfare. Unlike Christ, who willingly gave up his own life to pay the penalty for the sins of others, Muhammad died taking the lives of others who would not willingly submit to Allah.

This is Also historical fact.
No other country in the last 100 years has started more wars we average one every decade, many socially the ones who post or write this trash consider us a christian nation.

So according to numbers of dead, wars started and blood spilled no NATION in the world is as blood hungry or savage as the Christian United States.

Oh yea Historical fact.

Islam has never established a culture that both installed sharia law and recognized individual freedoms.

Can you name any Christian country has?

There is no place in the world today where Islam dominates the culture and mankind is truly free, which is why our politically correct elites often declare Islam is in need of its own Reformation. However, what they don’t understand, because they ignore history (and thus reality) in favor of their own confirmation bias, is that violence within Islam is its Reformation.

The idea that your version of freedom is the only kind is retarded and to surprise shows a very limited perspective and life expe3rnice.
Freedom for everyone is not the same, there are many things you are not free to do in the US. But because its your version it does not offend you. Freedom means freedom for every culture and country to form their own way of freedom. Some things are more looked down and up on in different cultures.

Woman's rights come up often in the Muslim world. In my experience i have never heard a Iranian girl,woman (notice i didn't just say Muslim because i actually have REAL discussions and experiences with actual people) Compare sexual promiscuity as freedom. Thats an American feminist movement that thinks the right to get gang banged by random strangers is a show of freedom.
Just because a majority of a culture does not want to promote such behavior doesn't mean they are not free they don;t want your version of it and that is their right. Get over your self.

The idea that the country with more broken families more teenage pregnancy, all this rape and violence wants to tell others how to live is beyond stupid. The idea that our way is the only way and all others are flawed is the opposite of freedom.

Simply put They don't want our style of life! and you have been inflicting wars and false governments, destroying democracies for the last 100 years, and then you wonder why there is blow back. All so we can maintain the infinite growth capitalistic model of life which we enjoy.

Lets not pretend that it has to do with shit from a 1000 years ago. Its because we consume everything and we like it.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain