wmw999

Is Sharia worse than Halakah?

wmw999

Trying to conflate all American Muslims with them because they share a stated religion is like conflating Baptists with the Lord's Resistance Army.

Wendy P.

Once fixed, do agree. But we can't ignore those in our country who agree with or support what the terrorists are doing, regardless of reason or religion.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Just as we can't ignore gun owners who might have evil intentions. They are far more likely to impact me, after all

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wolfriverjoe

******I think the issue is one of submitting themselves. Obviously, kids have no choice. But if an adult wants out of Halaka they can get out.

Sharia has been different. If in an area where Sharia is the rule you must submit to it. Practitioners of Sharia advocate for its imposition on people. And if a 14 year old girl speaks out against it then she risks being assassinated.

Really in all of the Muslim world? Or the tiny segment you watched on the news?

It's reality in Afghanistan. There have been a large number of women assassinated. Usually for advocating for women's rights. Or for advocating education of women.

Afghanistan is a desperate place that has had nothing but war. To try to use Islam as the explanation for horrific acts is inaccurate. It would like saying look at all the problems in Africa..fucking black people!

I am not saying that religion does not act as a motivator but so does nationalism the root of the action is desperation. IMO
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

wmw999

Just as we can't ignore gun owners who might have evil intentions. They are far more likely to impact me, after all

Wendy P.

How does one get arrested by having 'evil intentions'?

Someone can have all the intent in the world and be a complete pussy and incapable of performing such actions. What if the person had 'evil intentions' and they just had a circular saw without the guard...and perhaps a nail gun. Would they still be as scary then?

Bolas

Do you have any examples of Jews restricting or denying basic education of their own people?

All Jews???? , All Muslims??????? Again with the ALL. Which is always my main issue. I know ISIS is nuts, I know the Talabon Suck, i know we have bad people, but the ALLLLLL

There are Jewish rabbis who suck infants cocks, but i would be an ass hole to say all Jews suck infant cock. Do you understand this. Some how for most of you Muslims is always an all or nothing subject. WHY?
What is it you guys are missing Seriously.

Can i use the Priest child fucking to generalize all Christians? Is that ok

Can i use the Troops who have been convicted of killing and raping innocent girls in Iraq as all American troops rape and kill innocents?

So to answer you, yes i can find many examples of horrific behavior by Jews Muslims Christians and Scientologest but that still does not make generalizing them not retarded.

Sorry Bolas i am sure you didn't not mean it that way but i see that shit on here. Muslims all billion of them.

Before anyone brings up the Quran please note the retarded shit in all religious texts and the retarded people SOME Jews Muslims and Christians who believe one must live by those words.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I fully agree that every religion and ethnicity have their crazy nutbags. It just seems to me that these Sunni hard core Islamic radicals are the most brutal and repressive of all that I've ever seen.

ISIS needs to be stopped at whatever cost, or it will become a world wide problem
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>How does one get arrested by having 'evil intentions'?

Calling someone and saying "I am going to kill you and your wife." Or planning to break into a bank, detailing the plan, getting the guns and explosives ready and then driving to the bank. They get arrested for their evil (criminal, actually) intentions.

> What if the person had 'evil intentions' and they just had a circular saw without the
>guard...and perhaps a nail gun. Would they still be as scary then?

If he's holding that running circular saw an inch from your throat, and screaming that he will kill you? Yes, you'd probably be scared - and you'd probably support him being arrested, too.

Darius11

***Do you have any examples of Jews restricting or denying basic education of their own people?

All Jews???? , All Muslims??????? Again with the ALL. Which is always my main issue. I know ISIS is nuts, I know the Talabon Suck, i know we have bad people, but the ALLLLLL

There are Jewish rabbis who suck infants cocks, but i would be an ass hole to say all Jews suck infant cock. Do you understand this. Some how for most of you Muslims is always an all or nothing subject. WHY?
What is it you guys are missing Seriously.

Can i use the Priest child fucking to generalize all Christians? Is that ok

Can i use the Troops who have been convicted of killing and raping innocent girls in Iraq as all American troops rape and kill innocents?

So to answer you, yes i can find many examples of horrific behavior by Jews Muslims Christians and Scientologest but that still does not make generalizing them not retarded.

Sorry Bolas i am sure you didn't not mean it that way but i see that shit on here. Muslims all billion of them.

Before anyone brings up the Quran please note the retarded shit in all religious texts and the retarded people SOME Jews Muslims and Christians who believe one must live by those words.

Where did Bolas say "All"?
Or were you just projecting?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

regulator

I saw one person going off on another person with a quote that didn't fit the post. Verbal Jihad? B|

Diversionary tactic to avoid answering or addressing the question. :|

BillyVance

I fully agree that every religion and ethnicity have their crazy nutbags. It just seems to me that these Sunni hard core Islamic radicals are the most brutal and repressive of all that I've ever seen.

Hmmm.

www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/mass/lynching/lynching_2.html

www.nebraskastudies.org/0700/frameset_reset.html?http://www.nebraskastudies.org/0700/stories/0701_0134.html

www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/disp_textbook.cfm?smtID=2&psid=3178

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***I fully agree that every religion and ethnicity have their crazy nutbags. It just seems to me that these Sunni hard core Islamic radicals are the most brutal and repressive of all that I've ever seen.

Hmmm.

www.nebraskastudies.org/0700/frameset_reset.html?http://www.nebraskastudies.org/0700/stories/0701_0134.html

Read again. Before my time.... maybe you're old enough to remember some of that crap. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

******I fully agree that every religion and ethnicity have their crazy nutbags. It just seems to me that these Sunni hard core Islamic radicals are the most brutal and repressive of all that I've ever seen.

Hmmm.

Read again. Before my time.... maybe you're old enough to remember some of that crap. :P

All you've seen of either have been pictures, so the date doesn't matter, does it. You seen pictures of lynchings and you've seen pictures of ISIS atrocities.

kallend

*********I fully agree that every religion and ethnicity have their crazy nutbags. It just seems to me that these Sunni hard core Islamic radicals are the most brutal and repressive of all that I've ever seen.

Hmmm.

All you've seen of either have been pictures, so the date doesn't matter, does it. You seen pictures of lynchings and you've seen pictures of ISIS atrocities.

Using that logic, we should still be fighting Hitler, Napoleon, Ghenghis Khan, the Crusades, etc. :P

You do that, the rest of us will focus on current issues not resolved historical ones.

Bolas

************I fully agree that every religion and ethnicity have their crazy nutbags. It just seems to me that these Sunni hard core Islamic radicals are the most brutal and repressive of all that I've ever seen.

Hmmm.

Using that logic, we should still be fighting Hitler, Napoleon, Ghenghis Khan, the Crusades, etc. :P

You do that, the rest of us will focus on current issues not resolved historical ones.

You have a distorted view of logic.

He has no more seen ISIS atrocities than he has seen KKK atrocities.

kallend

He has no more seen ISIS atrocities (current ongoing events) than he has seen KKK atrocities (historical).

Make sense now?

Bolas

He has no more seen ISIS atrocities (current ongoing events) than he has seen KKK atrocities (historical).

Make sense now?

He lives in Alabama.

You MIGHT just want to be more careful about your assumptions.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Bolas

A comparison of The Crusades to Jihad...

http://youtu.be/I_To-cV94Bo

I've watched a Bill Warner lecture before. As an engineer he may be pretty smart, but as one who recounts the historical record he is an idiot with a very blinkered view. Christians were just as savage back in the day as the invaders from the east, and he doesn't take into account the fact that medieval Europe was in a constant state of war within, too preoccupied with itself to bother anyone on the outside.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

***A comparison of The Crusades to Jihad...

http://youtu.be/I_To-cV94Bo

I've watched a Bill Warner lecture before. As an engineer he may be pretty smart, but as one who recounts the historical record he is an idiot with a very blinkered view. Christians were just as savage back in the day as the invaders from the east, and he doesn't take into account the fact that medieval Europe was in a constant state of war within, too preoccupied with itself to bother anyone on the outside.

I was looking more at the number of battles and timelines, not his interpretations and attempts to reason the Christian ones.

On those points alone, even the Medieval Jihad was far longer and more spread out than the Crusades.

Bolas

I was looking more at the number of battles and timelines

Which is why he's a simpleton as an historian. There's a lot more than just numbers to history -- tons of context and nuances to take into account that requires years of study. He conveniently neglects to show the timelines and numbers reflecting the battles Christians waged on each other during the constant war that was medieval Europe. If he did, the conclusion would be obvious: armies in those times were simply motivated by loot and power. It's a human thing -- not a Christian/Islamic thing.

If you want an interesting highly qualified historical perspective on Islam and its origins, I strongly recommend this documentary -- it's fascinating and a real eye-opener.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

I was looking more at the number of battles and timelines

Which is why he's a simpleton as an historian. There's a lot more than just numbers to history -- tons of context and nuances to take into account that requires years of study. He conveniently neglects to show the timelines and numbers reflecting the battles Christians waged on each other during the constant war that was medieval Europe. If he did, the conclusion would be obvious: armies in those times were simply motivated by loot and power. It's a human thing -- not a Christian/Islamic thing.

If you want an interesting highly qualified historical perspective on Islam and its origins, I strongly recommend this documentary -- it's fascinating and a real eye-opener.

Nor did he mention Islam on Islam battles. Only battles between Christianity and Islam, which is the focus of a Jihad or Crusade.

That was an amazing documentary. :)