funjumper101

Toddler injured in flash bang raid "No Angel", according to police

Well, this is why I've previously tried to draw attention to the problem with the phrase, "via the practical application of Conservative philosophy."

If you join the military you take an oath to uphold the constitution. I think if you forget the (R) vs. (D) battle and how "conservative" and "liberal" have been so poorly mapped to those letters for a minute, one could argue that fighting to uphold the constitution is very much a conservative philosophy. Why would someone who is liberal agree to fight to protect such an old framework?

Is that what regulator meant? Maybe not. He probably just meant "someone who doesn't support the things I don't like about Democrats" Likewise, when funjumper says "conservative" he or she very clearly just means "a collection of stuff I don't like that Republicans espouse" and that makes the claim that nothing positive has ever come of it just a lame no-true-scottsman fallacy.

If you join the military you take an oath to uphold the constitution. I think if you forget the (R) vs. (D) battle and how "conservative" and "liberal" have been so poorly mapped to those letters for a minute, one could argue that fighting to uphold the constitution is very much a conservative philosophy. Why would someone who is liberal agree to fight to protect such an old framework?

Because (in large part) the constitution is a liberal document.

Is that what regulator meant? Maybe not. He probably just meant "someone who doesn't support the things I don't like about Democrats" Likewise, when funjumper says "conservative" he or she very clearly just means "a collection of stuff I don't like that Republicans espouse" and that makes the claim that nothing positive has ever come of it just a lame no-true-scottsman fallacy.

Abso-freakin'-lutely.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

SkyDekker

******RWCs believe all kinds of total bullshit is true.

Obama Birth Certificate invalid?

Trickle down economics works?

Tax cuts cause economic growth?

The majority of federal spending is on social programs?

All of the above are complete bullshit, but RWCs believe otherwise.

I can easily see them as being so gullible as to believe that what I posted is correct.

Nothing positive for society ever came about via the practical application of Conservative philosophy.

If there were no more conservatives who would you get to serve in your military? Because you and I both know you don't remotely have the right stuff to be apart of something greater than yourself.

Lol, most staunch conservatives seem to have found ways not to have to serve, to go awol, or to use family connections to get out of any obligations.

Those liberals who serve tend to get mocked. Some seem to think only conservatives can be "heroes".

This whole glorification of the military is bullshit anyways.

Please site where Most applies.

Let me guess . . . you didn't serve did you?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Anvilbrother

:D

Well, look at it this way - what if I said "Hey Anvil! I bet your son broadly shares your political views and served his country with honour!"

Doesn't sound that bad, does it?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Because (in large part) the constitution is a liberal document.

Well at the time, certainly. What's a good idea or a bad idea in anyone's eyes depends on which traditions you're conserving and which ones you want to be liberated from. Insofar as "liberal" has come to mean "counter-conservative," and in the context of the last couple hundred years in the US, defending the constitution is "conservative."

It's healthy to be a mix of both. Liberal enough to accept that not all traditions make sense or are good ideas, and conservative enough to understand you don't fiddle with things for the sake of doing so.

Sure, right after Regulator shows how there are no liberals in military service.. (Interestingly enough you don't ask him for "site"...actually not that interesting, just plain predictable)

Let me guess . . . you didn't serve did you?

You can guess all you want, but I did grow up in a country which at that time had mandatory conscription.

SkyDekker

Sure, right after Regulator shows how there are no liberals in military service.. (Interestingly enough you don't ask him for "site"...actually not that interesting, just plain predictable)

***Let me guess . . . you didn't serve did you?

You can guess all you want, but I did grow up in a country which at that time had mandatory conscription.

. . . and . . . did you?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If there were no more conservatives who would you get to serve in your military? Because you and I both know you don't remotely have the right stuff to be apart of something greater than yourself.

AssUme

Reich Wing Conservatard jumps in with a personal attack and no comment from the Moderators.

Assumptions are the mother of many mistakes. Your mistake is due to a lack of knowledge, and having an ignorant asshole Reich Wing Conservatard attitude..

AssUme

Reich Wing Conservatard jumps in with a personal attack and no comment from the Moderators.

Assumptions are the mother of many mistakes. Your mistake is due to a lack of knowledge, and having an ignorant asshole Reich Wing Conservatard attitude..

You outdo yourself every time, bravo!

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,