funjumper101

Toddler injured in flash bang raid "No Angel", according to police

Begin quoted text >>>

The toddler injured by a flash bang grenade during a 2014 police raid is no angel, according to a police report released today. Considering actions that included resisting arrest when taken from his crib, as well as known gang associations, the baby was properly treated as a suspect during the raid, said the police, clearing themselves.

According to testimony included in the report, when officers moved to make the arrest, the toddler wiggled and even struck out at an officer with a onesie-clad foot. Initially booked on charges of resisting arrest and assault on a police officer, the toddler was later released on a plea bargain based on time served in the intensive care unit. “The subject should have been tried as an adult,” the report states. “These kinds of punks know that they can get away with pretty much anything up to a certain age.”

Additionally, the baby was observed repeatedly flashing gang signs while in custody. Based on an analysis of three thousand different configurations of the baby’s hands over eight hours of video recorded from the hospital, police analysts identified no less than sixteen distinct hand signs from gangs across the entire United States and even some from Mexico. “The suspect’s knowledge of gang hand signs was remarkable,” the report states. “There’s no question that the subject was already building his network. The Mexico connection - that's drugs, right there. Even the name of his bed – crib - is a code word for a gang hangout.”

Computer modeling of transitive associative dynamics confirms the gang-related finding. “When you consider people who associated indirectly with the subject through chains of linked connections, several thousand criminals and gang members were very quickly found,” the report states. “Up to six degrees of linkage were used, following the generally accepted Bacon methodology, to unearth these troubling connections with some of the top criminal figures in the world today.”

Connections were found, as closely as only two or three degrees away, to people who had publicly made inciting anti-police statements. While not technically illegal yet, such statements are known to be extremely damaging. According to the report, “Evidence was found of public online statements that police procedures need improvement, and even suggestions that not every police officer always follows the law. These kind of statements need to be treated as broken windows, that can lead in the future to even more dangerous thinking and speaking.”

The baby’s likely future is even more troubling, according to law enforcement experts. Using the science of enhanced predictive demographics, police analysts estimate that the subject’s risk of having further run-ins with police is extraordinarily high.

According to police spokeswoman Iris Hineman, “People who believe, even if unjustly, that they have been a victim of police brutality, are more likely to have unfavorable interactions with law enforcement in the future. This kind of victim mentality erodes respect for the law, and requires careful monitoring. This suspect is very likely to carry this belief into adulthood, with all of the attendant risks. Given those risks, we cannot turn our back on the responsibility to provide assertive policing for this subject as well as all demographic matches.”

A compounding factor is government dependency. The report identifies repeated efforts by the subject's parents to feed off the public teat for vast amounts of money, thinly disguised as current and unspecified future medical expenses.

The report concludes by recommending vigorous action. The subject is identified as an elevated risk for future crime, and has been placed on every applicable watch list. More importantly, the report recommend monitoring responses to the case to identify other suspects. “Any person who sympathizes with this likely future criminal,” the report concludes, “has made our task easier by identifying themselves as a current threat to law enforcement.”

Notes

I struggled with the question of whether this diary is just plain too tasteless. Anything involving a small child is difficult, and in the case where a severe injury is involved, that fact immediately gets it right to the edge.

Based on doing some reading on the case, I understand that the victim's family is working hard to seek justice for the very serious harm done to their child, and I came to believe that it was worth drawing the connection between this case and the pervasive ("No Angel") pattern of blaming the victims of such attacks either directly or by association.

<<< End quoted text

I expect that, right up until the "Notes" part, Reich Wing Conservatives believed this to be an accurate, factual account from Fox News, Newsmax, or Breitbart.

funjumper101

I expect that, right up until the "Notes" part, Reich Wing Conservatives believed this to be an accurate, factual account from Fox News, Newsmax, or Breitbart.

Why would anyone (on this site or otherwise) think a satire piece from a blog like DailyKos is real? Are there a contingent of people here who have defended the actions of police in the original event alluded to in this piece?

Also, the notes make the author sound like a complete douche. I'm sure it was a major struggle for him to make a joke based on pushing the mentality of blaming the victim to the absurd. He's a real hero for getting through that for all of us, must have been rough. A real modern artist for the ages, this one.

champu

***I expect that, right up until the "Notes" part, Reich Wing Conservatives believed this to be an accurate, factual account from Fox News, Newsmax, or Breitbart.

Why would anyone (on this site or otherwise) think a satire piece from a blog like DailyKos is real? Are there a contingent of people here who have defended the actions of police in the original event alluded to in this piece?

Also, the notes make the author sound like a complete douche. I'm sure it was a major struggle for him to make a joke based on pushing the mentality of blaming the victim to the absurd. He's a real hero for getting through that for all of us, must have been rough. A real modern artist for the ages, this one.

This +1

RWCs believe all kinds of total bullshit is true.

Obama Birth Certificate invalid?

Trickle down economics works?

Tax cuts cause economic growth?

The majority of federal spending is on social programs?

All of the above are complete bullshit, but RWCs believe otherwise.

I can easily see them as being so gullible as to believe that what I posted is correct.

Nothing positive for society ever came about via the practical application of Conservative philosophy.

funjumper101

RWCs believe all kinds of total bullshit is true.

I can easily see them as being so gullible as to believe that what I posted is correct.

Nothing positive for society ever came about via the practical application of Conservative philosophy.

If there were no more conservatives who would you get to serve in your military? Because you and I both know you don't remotely have the right stuff to be apart of something greater than yourself.

If there were no more conservatives who would you get to serve in your military? Because you and I both know you don't remotely have the right stuff to be apart of something greater than yourself.

Nice PA.

if you think every soldier, sailor, airman, or Marine is a conservative, you've probably never served yourself.

- Dan G

If there were no more conservatives who would you get to serve in your military?

http://www.nationalmemo.com/only-43-8-percent-of-military-identify-as-republican-down-from-56-percent-in-2005/

Your statement is asinine.

For the record, 80-84, Navy, HT 2nd Class, USS Okinawa LPH-3, Democrat at time of discharge.
I know quite a number more who have served and who are serving now.

The military is made up of people from all parties. I would suspect that some change parties while serving. I suspect that most identified with no party whatsoever when joining as a teenager. I didn't.

Basically, the poll in the link is flawed. The only question asked should had been "Party affiliation at time of enlistment."
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

freethefly

The only question asked should had been "Party affiliation at time of enlistment."

It would be interesting to compare with people that went to college, trade school, military, and straight to the work force at critical times of life:

Say - just after high school (or time of enlistment), 2 and 4 years in, and then 10 years later or so......

(no race, no gender, no religion, etc....just life experience)

see if the stereotypes hold or not.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

SkyDekker

******I expect that, right up until the "Notes" part, Reich Wing Conservatives believed this to be an accurate, factual account from Fox News, Newsmax, or Breitbart.

This +1

Well, it is Amazon after all. What do you expect?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

regulator

***RWCs believe all kinds of total bullshit is true.

What branch did you serve in?

I don't think funjumper101 is Amazon. The writing styles are different plus Amazon has demonstrated more up front honesty and courage than the former.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

DanG

Nice PA.

if you think every soldier, sailor, airman, or Marine is a conservative, you've probably never served yourself.

I never said that. I alluded to the fact that there is probably 1 progressive liberal in the military who probably works on obamas staff. Never said anything about any democrats.

And yes I was in the army and served my 4 years. You can call it a pa if you like but people like funjumper know themselves they dont have what it takes. I'm just pointing that out.

jclalor

******RWCs believe all kinds of total bullshit is true.

US Army 31D/31F October 1992-1996.

What about you? When did you serve in the military?

regulator

Lol, most staunch conservatives seem to have found ways not to have to serve, to go awol, or to use family connections to get out of any obligations.

Those liberals who serve tend to get mocked. Some seem to think only conservatives can be "heroes".

This whole glorification of the military is bullshit anyways.

I never said that. I alluded to the fact that there is probably 1 progressive liberal in the military who probably works on obamas staff. Never said anything about any democrats.

And yes I was in the army and served my 4 years. You can call it a pa if you like but people like funjumper know themselves they dont have what it takes. I'm just pointing that out.

As pointed out above, there are people serving who have different political views. Your characterization is a gross exaggeration.

And, although funjumper's posts are always pretty trollish, it was still a PA. Please don't complain when someone does the same thing to you.

- Dan G

regulator

*********RWCs believe all kinds of total bullshit is true.

US Army 31D/31F October 1992-1996.

What about you? When did you serve in the military?

US Navy CV-64 1980-1983

regulator

Nice PA.

I never said that... Never said anything about any democrats.

You said exactly that. Dan never said anything about democrats either, he replied to exactly what you said - only conservatives serve.

I alluded to the fact that there is probably 1 progressive liberal in the military who probably works on obamas staff.

If that is what you thought you were alluding to you are a terrible, terrible user of the english language.

And you're still wrong. Unless you're simply redefining the meaning of 'progressive liberal' to include 'one who doesn't want to join the military'.

Funny. Half the people here think Funjumper is Amazon (though I agree with Ron about that) who spent years in the service and half think he'd never join the military. You guys need to make your minds up!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Funny. Half the people here think Funjumper is Amazon (though I agree with Ron about that) who spent years in the service and half think he'd never join the military. You guys need to make your minds up!

He couldn't tie her shoes.

......And then he'd blame some conspiracy for it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

regulator

My son is as liberal as they come. 82nd Airborne, 1999-2008 including a year in Iraq.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.