mpohl

Toddler accidentally shoots and kills his mother in Idaho Wal-Mart

People get killed by those bullets raining back to earth.

If your suggesting bullets that are falling back to earth from being fired straight into the air can kill someone your wrong. Anyone that is a skydiver should know that.

People get killed by bullets that are still moving from the propulsion of gunpowder. Not by a bullet falling vertically at terminal after falling out of the sky. I figured a anti-gun liberal would at least know facts.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Unfortunately, an all too predictable reaction by the gun extremists.

Or shall I say NRA/2nd Amendment terrorists.

When confronted w/ the facts...

"Celebratory gunfire" does not deserve a kick-in-the-butts.
At a minimum, it needs to be prosecuted as attempted homicide. If somebody gets killed, it is a homicide.

That simple.

ryoder

***I think we don't agree.

So, the victim is dead!
And the imbecile gets a kick in the ass?

No guns, no victim.

You made a statement, and I agreed to it as it was stated.
Now you want to change the statement after the fact?
Take your trolling and shove it.

Bro'.

Did you even care to read the Guardian piece, before spewing your wisdom?????!!!!

I am sure you have a gun, too. You think you are really intellectually equipped to handle the responsibility?

Anvilbrother

People get killed by those bullets raining back to earth.

If your suggesting bullets that are falling back to earth from being fired straight into the air can kill someone your wrong. Anyone that is a skydiver should know that.

People get killed by bullets that are still moving from the propulsion of gunpowder. Not by a bullet falling vertically at terminal after falling out of the sky. I figured a anti-gun liberal would at least know facts.

Is that the typical redneck gun owner in America?

If so, you really want somebody like that packing around your neighborhood, your family, your children?

I DONT!!!!!!!!!!!

Anvilbrother

I don't need to read a link to comment on what you are saying.

Glad that you are seeing the humor in a woman getting shot by her two-year old toddler.

Care to enlighten us on especially hilarious parts of the story?

millertime24

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!!!! I havent laughed this hard in quite some fucking time. :D:D:D:D

You mean you don't want to be around a human that can make a mistake in judgement that gets you killed? Better stop fucking driving, skydiving, going to a dr, have others cook your food or a hundred other things. Because all of those rely on others to not make that mistake and could kill you.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

mpohl

Glad that you are seeing the humor in a woman getting shot by her two-year old toddler.

***UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!!!! I havent laughed this hard in quite some fucking time. :D:D:D:D

The funny part is when fucking gun-scared individuals like yourself go on and on and on. That is what I find funny. That thing about the person getting shot for whatever dumb fuck reason? I dont really care.;)
Muff #5048

mpohl

***UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!!!! I havent laughed this hard in quite some fucking time. :D:D:D:D

Jesus. I don't get the US gun culture, but your posts are way out of line.

Frankly i am surprised you havent been banned because youve done a number of personal attacks.

It is fucked up to celibrate death.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

mpohl

If so, you really want somebody like that packing around your neighborhood, your family, your children?

I DONT!!!!!!!!!!!

***I don't need to read a link to comment on what you are saying.

Perhaps you aren't understanding something...there's only two people on this forum that agrees wholeheartedly with you.

Jack and shit

and jack just left town.

Please go away because I'm tired of watching you embarass yourself by getting verbally assraped over and over again. Its humiliating...for you.

Enjoy this video because the 2nd amendment and gun ownership in the USA isnt going away anytime soon.

http://www.break.com/video/gun-song-with-cups-filled-with-snow-in-utah-2802276

mpohl

Strange that the whole world views the US as a basket case going from bad to worse.

Of course, the other 7.1 billion people must be wrong in their assessment of the roles of guns in a society. Not the, maybe, 50 million extremists in the US who hold outlandish views.

Get a bigger willy, or maybe grow some balls. That way you don't need to overcompensate with a gun.

http://www.globescan.com/news_archives/bbcusop/detail.html

With that kind of outlook on the world.
Please get some help. And I hope you never carry a gun.

SICK!

Jesus Christ I hope your just drunk posting because you are sounding like a mental patient right now that is having some kind of attack.

There are a thousand reasons and 1 reason for her to carry that gun. And the only one that matters its it was her fucking choice to carry it not you.

Google murder pictures, take a look at every dead person. Every result you see is a reason for anyone to carry a weapon, mace, asp, or taser. I think you live in your own protected little world you have built yourself, and are ignoring real life.

Actually, the whole world doesn't view the US that way. A lot the world's elites may ( I would I guess include you in this, because you obviously know what's better for everyone than they possibly can)...

If you look at mexico, for instance, there's a whole lot of people in that country that love having access to guns. Same with many central and south american countries. There's a lot of people in Africa and Asia that enjoy having access to guns. You may not like that they have access but your 7.1 billion people is getting smaller all the time...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

just for the record - I really am trying to see your point of view and I know sarcasm, frustration and typing all don't really get the point across nearly as well as face to face but if I take what you write to mean exactly what you mean I cant see where disarming law abiding citizens makes any sense... How is it cowardly to insure I have the ability to protect my son? I realize your angry and frustrated over this incident and others like it -
trust me, gun owners are too.

it would be awesome if the world was nice - where there were no people who would kill you to take what is yours or merely for the fun of it.

But anywhere anytime something horrible can happen - it doesn't just happen in bad neighborhoods... - a stop for fuel in a nice neighborhood could leave you or your family the victim of some insane/drugged out/ or bored person with a weapon - be it gun/knife/bat/ or merely their fists and boots. - is it rare? sure, but it only takes once at the wrong place and time.

A firearm is in most circumstances the best force multiplier - no matter your size or physical health it gives you the best chance of overcoming an attacker - if you see the attack coming - nothing can protect against something you didn't see.

lack of Training is where I believe many of this type of accidents stem from - there are those people who believe that one trip to the range a year with a box of ammo shooting at a static target makes them proficient... it doesn't even come close.

If this lady who died at the hands of her child would have had a competent instructor perhaps she would still be alive with this accident never happening - and she wasn't stupid by any stretch of the imagination by what I have read about her - a competent instructor would have stressed the importance of maintaining control of the weapon at all times - on the body carry or locked up in the gunsafe at home.

I carry concealed on my body, in a level III retention holster - you would never know by looking, I don't advertise - I don't want anyone to know its there when I am out and about - its an ace in the hole that I hope to never need.

I am sure you have read or watched the news when they talk about the killings in countries that have made private gun ownership illegal or insanely difficult to obtain - it happens there as well.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

regulator

I DONT!!!!!!!!!!!

***I don't need to read a link to comment on what you are saying.

Perhaps you aren't understanding something...there's only two people on this forum that agrees wholeheartedly with you.

Jack and shit

and jack just left town.

Please go away because I'm tired of watching you embarass yourself by getting verbally assraped over and over again. Its humiliating...for you.

Enjoy this video because the 2nd amendment and gun ownership in the USA isnt going away anytime soon.

http://www.break.com/video/gun-song-with-cups-filled-with-snow-in-utah-2802276

Well, there goes the argument that a guns only purpose is to kill. :D

D22369

just for the record - I really am trying to see your point of view and I know sarcasm, frustration and typing all don't really get the point across nearly as well as face to face but if I take what you write to mean exactly what you mean I cant see where disarming law abiding citizens makes any sense... How is it cowardly to insure I have the ability to protect my son? I realize your angry and frustrated over this incident and others like it -

it would be awesome if the world was nice - where there were no people who would kill you to take what is yours or merely for the fun of it.

But anywhere anytime something horrible can happen - it doesn't just happen in bad neighborhoods... - a stop for fuel in a nice neighborhood could leave you or your family the victim of some insane/drugged out/ or bored person with a weapon - be it gun/knife/bat/ or merely their fists and boots. - is it rare? sure, but it only takes once at the wrong place and time.

A firearm is in most circumstances the best force multiplier - no matter your size or physical health it gives you the best chance of overcoming an attacker - if you see the attack coming - nothing can protect against something you didn't see.

lack of Training is where I believe many of this type of accidents stem from - there are those people who believe that one trip to the range a year with a box of ammo shooting at a static target makes them proficient... it doesn't even come close.

If this lady who died at the hands of her child would have had a competent instructor perhaps she would still be alive with this accident never happening - and she wasn't stupid by any stretch of the imagination by what I have read about her - a competent instructor would have stressed the importance of maintaining control of the weapon at all times - on the body carry or locked up in the gunsafe at home.

I carry concealed on my body, in a level III retention holster - you would never know by looking, I don't advertise - I don't want anyone to know its there when I am out and about - its an ace in the hole that I hope to never need.

I am sure you have read or watched the news when they talk about the killings in countries that have made private gun ownership illegal or insanely difficult to obtain - it happens there as well.

Roy

I was on the west side of houston last week on beltway 8 and I decided to stop at mcdonalds to get some lunch. I saw one guy walk in front of my car and after being stuck in line for several minutes without moving he passed by my car again with another dude. I was looking at my radio and I happened to glance up and I looked at the second guy. He walked up to my window acting like he was a bad ass saying what? what you want fool? and he starts acting like hes going to punch my window. Meanwhile his friend is right behind him and I can tell this is going to escalate quickly. I reach and get the key to my lock box and remove my .40 and since I always leave it with a full mag but no round in the chamber for safety reasons I rack the slide back and place my pistol in my lap. As soon as this dude saw my gun him and his buddy starting laughing and walked off. I never pointed it at him, but he realized that I wasn't going to just sit there and let him initiate anything with me. By this time the line still hadn't moved and I knew staying there would be a bad idea so I backed my car up and drove off. And of course since those morons didn't have a car to chase me down the situation became diffused right there. I'm glad I now have my CHL and I hope I never have to use my sidearm in a defensive situation where I have to account for any round fired out the end of the barrel. But if the situation arises I will not hesitate.

So you pull out your gun because someone says "you looking at me"? That should be a plot line from a Robert Deniro movie not real life where you're at a McDonalds drive-through.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

I know of two other friends that behaved the same way in similar circumstances with the same result. Nothing happened and that is just what was hoped for by the individuals displaying their firearms.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I think the problem with the "i have a right to have a gun to protect me/my family" is that everyone in the country could exercise that right. So if that guy that approached you at McDonalds and you pulled a gun to actually had the intention of attacking you, and had also exercised his right to owning a gun, you would about now be lying 6 feet under with a hole in your head. And the same is true for all the other examples given above of people pulling guns on other people.

When you have the upper hand it'll probably work well for you, but when you are matched then it'll mean the difference between a broken nose and split lips or a wooden cask. A sort of civilian version of the nuclear arms race... :S

For what it's worth, there could be a post in a similar thread on snooker.com about now, of a guy advocating the use of guns because while waiting at a McDonalds in Houston a guy was looking weird at him, and when approaching the driver to see what the problem was that driver pulled a gun on him, and so to protect himself from gun wielding lunatics he will from now on carry a concealed weapon.

And there you go, gun escalation with potential fatal outcomes from a situation that could be difused with a simple "I'm just waiting to order for a double cheeseburger here, leave me alone, dude"

RMK

***Jesus Fucking Christ.... If you have that much of a problem with how things are here, you can just take your dumb ass back to Germany.

:S

He didn't say he hates America. Just has a desire to not get shot while there. The possibility being shot shouldn't come into ones mind, while just out doing errands, shopping or having a coffee.

Them maybe he shouldn't go digging in mommies purse while she isn't looking.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

mpohl

This just makes a perfect point that nobody should be allowed to carry guns! (Except military and very few police officers.)

So, here we have a well-educated woman. An avid gun lover/ fanatic who knows about all the necessary precautions relating to gun safety. Embedded in a family of outdoorsmen!

Yet, she still gets killed by her own gun.
If somebody w/ her experience/ background can't safely handle a gun. Neither can you or the next gun nut responding to this post!

I REST MY CASE!

******Some background on the mother;
Not your typical Walmart shopper: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/31/idaho-nuclear-scientist-shot-dead-son-walmart

Hmmm
A 75 IQ?

If it were only truly rested.:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

masterrig

Feels even better to the wall when you stop!

:)

Like beating your head against a wall... feels so good when you stop.

Chuck

Gee-whiz! You mean walls have feelings too?:P

Chuck

Hey, if guns kill people, then walls can have feelings.

mpohl

Strange that the whole world views the US as a basket case going from bad to worse.

Of course, the other 7.1 billion people must be wrong in their assessment of the roles of guns in a society. Not the, maybe, 50 million extremists in the US who hold outlandish views.

Get a bigger willy, or maybe grow some balls. That way you don't need to overcompensate with a gun.

http://www.globescan.com/news_archives/bbcusop/detail.html

You are NOT the whole world
Regardless of how you feel about yourself
And those who you hang out with
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

mpohl

That's exactly the reason why toddlers don't get a drivers license.

And they lack the motor skills to insert the key, release the parking brake, engage the engine.

Your point?

***Tragic accident. These things happen. Regardless of the amount and level of precautions that are taken, accidents will still happen.

Toddler gets over behind the wheel of the car, slips off the brake, car rolls downhill and runs over mom. Again, tragic accident. If this smart, educated woman who is an avid driver can't control her own car, no one should have a car except the police and the taxi drivers.

I consider myself a pretty rough and 'morbid' kinda guy. I have a sense of humor that doesn't really fit in, well, pretty much anyplace.

That having been said, I feel dirty and disgusted by what you are doing here.

Please do us a favor and shut the fuck up. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year.

Yet every year a child accidentally runs over their parent by accident. ALL CARS SHOULD BE BANNED EXCEPT FOR MILITARY AND A FEW POLICE.

GoneCodFishing

I think the problem with the "i have a right to have a gun to protect me/my family" is that everyone in the country could exercise that right. So if that guy that approached you at McDonalds and you pulled a gun to actually had the intention of attacking you, and had also exercised his right to owning a gun, you would about now be lying 6 feet under with a hole in your head. And the same is true for all the other examples given above of people pulling guns on other people.

Just admit it, you really don't know jack shit about gun ownership and concealed carry, do you? Looking at someone is not the same as walking up to a car with a predominantly aggressive posture and body language.

Lesson:
1) Owning a gun is for defence not offence.
when you learn that, come back and comment.

D22369

Roy

Roy.........Two thumbs up!

Perfectly stated!