airdvr

I am a human racist

That's correct. Although I don't believe racist is the correct term. I prefer it to be a human profiler. If it makes you feel better go ahead and call me a racist. I can take it.

I can spot scumbags pretty quickly. I can also spot over-privileged douchebags quickly as well. I can tell by how they look. I can tell by where they live. I can tell by what they wear. I can definitely tell as soon as they open their mouths.

I can tell what neighborhoods I should avoid.

Strange hair, facial piercings, facial ink, goth? I don't have a problem with it as long as you aren't trying to assimilate into the mainstream business world. You will probably fail. You wanted a unique look. You should practice saying "Would you like to super-size that?"

Uneducated, shiftless, no prospects? Not my fault and you will get no pity from me. Opportunity is there if you work at it. You were handed a 12 year education at no charge...some of you even were fed. You chose to pass on it...I choose to pass on you.

I guess the reason I feel compelled to post this is the term racist has morphed into an insult. It assumes the only way I can differentiate people is their race. It assumes because I am white that I see all other races as different or bad. So not true. I see people.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

jakee

It assumes because I am white that I see all other races as different or bad.

It's not because you're white (that would be racist). It's because of what you say.

Tell me what I said that was racist.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

It assumes because I am white that I see all other races as different or bad.

It's not because you're white (that would be racist). It's because of what you say.

Tell me what I said that was racist.

I'm sorry, I was assuming you had posted it because you were being called a racist a lot. If you are, then trust me, it's not just because you're white. If you aren't, then I'm not sure what you're bitching about.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

airdvr

See that's the thing. If I make any reference to a thug or scumbag or whatever I'm immediately labeled as a racist. Trust me, I know a scumbag when I hear one.

What's the context?

jakee

***See that's the thing. If I make any reference to a thug or scumbag or whatever I'm immediately labeled as a racist. Trust me, I know a scumbag when I hear one.

What's the context?

Simple conversation on DZ.com. I see people throwing the racist label around like a bottle of cheap wine.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

******See that's the thing. If I make any reference to a thug or scumbag or whatever I'm immediately labeled as a racist. Trust me, I know a scumbag when I hear one.

What's the context?

Simple conversation on DZ.com.

Where?

normiss

While it's hard to nail down a definition of "hoodrat", it has generally referred to a black female hooker in a ghetto neighborhood.

I would consider it a racist comment or label though, especially given the content in the sentence.

So do you think a black female hooker in a ghetto neighborhood is acceptable? What is it that makes it racist? Couldn't a white female hooker or a latino or asian hooker be a hoodrat?

Destinations by Roxanne

That's correct. Although I don't believe racist is the correct term. I prefer it to be a human profiler. If it makes you feel better go ahead and call me a racist. I can take it.

More like judgmental prick, IMNSHO.

I can tell by how they look. I can tell by where they live. I can tell by what they wear.

Which is the textbook definition of bigoted racism. If they don't look like you then you pass judgment on them.

I can tell what neighborhoods I should avoid.

Because that's where people who don't look like you live.

Strange hair, facial piercings, facial ink, goth? I don't have a problem with it as long as you aren't trying to assimilate into the mainstream business world.

And who appointed you the arbiter of fashion and style? I didn't get the memo. And, while we're at it, who asked you? And further, why does the outward appearance of someone else offend you?

Opportunity is there if you work at it.

But only if you have the right parents, come from the right family, went to the right schools, joined the right country club and shmoozed the right shotcaller at said country club.

You were handed a 12 year education at no charge...some of you even were fed.

From a system that has been under a deliberate and sustained sabotage for nearly four decades and is on the brink of total collapse. And from those like you, who don't see a downside to an uneducated population. Personally, I don't wish to be working and living among the stupid.

I guess the reason I feel compelled to post this is the term racist has morphed into an insult

Which it should be. Not only should it be an insult, it should be a loud, blaring sign, a warning to others that you are not worthy of trust, not able to exist except within a narrow and exclusive bubble of self inflicted and irrational fear.

So not true. I see people.

No you don't. You see only outward appearance. You practice contempt prior to investigation and you are unworthy to walk among us.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Everyone does it. Everyone judges book by its cover.

By looking at your avatar, I sense 50-60 year old, not so-athletic dude, who rather drink than smoke pot.

You probably fly something like Sabre 2 210 or Specter 210. Still loading it at 1.2. 1.3.

Yeah, you need to lose weight and arch harder, instead of drinking beer to compensate for your lack of flexibility to arch. If you seriously can not arch, there is a solution for you. It not called 6 pack of Budweiser, it is called weight belt.

You take up more space in the Otter than anyone else, and you shut the door at 3.5 in middle of July, because you are cold sitting by the door.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

By looking at your avatar

Or by taking an extra second and looking at the profile, showing years in sport and !yes!, his wing loading :)
That said, I find profiling is something to do only when there is no opportunity to deal with people as individuals. I do it as rarely as possible. That's how I hired the woman from the lousy college but incredible work ethic; that's how I manage to thoroughly enjoy working with all the homeless; that's how I've managed to live for over 40 years in Houston having only been concerned on the street once (and then I was in a car, and just drove away).

The vast majority of people react really well to being treated like individuals, instead of placeholders for one's preconceptions, or actors in one's pre-written play.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

These are the kinds of responses that I'm referring to. I am allowed to do whatever I please so long as I don't hurt anyone else. Instead of reasoned conversation you get your panties all wadded up and immediately want to attack.

Destinations by Roxanne

Everyone does it. Everyone judges book by its cover.

Yes they do.

By looking at your avatar, I sense 50-60 year old, not so-athletic dude, who rather drink than smoke pot.

Correct again. My pot smoking days are over. I prefer a nice Scotch now.

Yeah, you need to lose weight and arch harder, instead of drinking beer to compensate for your lack of flexibility to arch. If you seriously can not arch, there is a solution for you. It not called 6 pack of Budweiser, it is called weight belt.

There's where you miss things a bit. I am a bigger man. I always thought my middle name was "you're in the base". Staying down was never a problem.

You take up more space in the Otter than anyone else, and you shut the door at 3.5 in middle of July, because you are cold sitting by the door.

I don't take up any more space than anyone else. I'd rather have the door open but I'd venture a guess that you don't know why it's better to have the door closed on a twin.

Look at all the things you were able to figure out about me and we've never met. The Racer crack was a bit over the top but haters gonna hate. ;) I don't think anyone who frapped a while back waiting for their AAD activated reserve to inflate was sportin' a Racer.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

These are the kinds of responses that I'm referring to. I am allowed to do whatever I please so long as I don't hurt anyone else. Instead of reasoned conversation you get your panties all wadded up and immediately want to attack.

Well, it's rather funny that you get to judge and classify people based on their appearance, but when someone judges you based on that behavior, they are wrong.

Kind of like the people who expect that their freedom to express their opinion means that other people don't have that same freedom to criticize it.

And there are several people on here who, based on their posts, are very clearly prejudiced against black people.
They may or may not be that way in real life, but what they post comes across pretty clearly.
I don't see the "racist" label being thrown around a whole lot.
OTOH, the "liberal" label (used as a perjorative) gets used by the conservative crowd on a pretty regular basis.

FWIW, having "goofy looking" hair, facial piercing or ink, or "looking goth" doesn't mean that someone is doomed to "you want fries with that?"

People that choose that appearance do limit their chances of making it in the standard "corporate" career path, but I know some who are very successful business owners, technical operators, even mid-level management (supervisor of several group homes).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Absolutely. I wanted to point out that everyone pre-judges to a point. It's not malicious until it infringes on a person's right to pursue happiness.

When did I say someone was wrong in their judgement of me? Stayhigh had very little to go on but was pretty close. I think he/she did a great job of using the info available to form an opinion of who I am.

I make the statement about appearance solely to ID people who might feel maligned because the path to corporate jobs are, for the most part not available to them.

The point everyone missed is I am referring to the human race...and I am a human racist. It's not about the color of your skin. To paraphrase, it is about the content of your character. And any semi-intelligent person can pick up clues pretty quickly about the content of someone's character. I don't try to hurt those I've ID'd as lacking basic character...I just try to avoid them is all.

Destinations by Roxanne