4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

On 2/26/2023 at 11:08 PM, billvon said:
On 2/26/2023 at 8:21 PM, Coreece said:

Of course not, selective quoting and bad faith are your specialty.

Do you really not understand how the media works?

No wonder you fall prey to their tricks. 

Well that's exactly what I was trying to avoid by looking at the context of the info in Weber's NPR link, as I do with all media outlets.  There was a time when I could just take your word at face value without having to do all that, but times change.

I don't know if you're purposefully making unfounded assumptions and trying to twist my words because of some personal grievance you have against me for whatever reason, but if you keep it up, maybe I'll sue YOU, lol.  Nevermind dropzone.com as it's doubtful this site makes that much money at all.

https://www.siteprice.org/website-worth/dropzone.com

Daily Ads Revenue Daily Ads Revenue: $7

11 hours ago, SkyDekker said:
On 2/26/2023 at 8:05 PM, Coreece said:

Would it help if the owner of Fox News admitted in a sworn deposition that their hosts endorsed the narrative of a stolen election?

What helped is the full Complaint and Fox's Reply that I found in the midst of all this that lays out a detailed account in full context regarding defamation against dominion specifically, as apposed to a single piece of testimony about the "narrative of a stolen election," in general.

And wrt your earlier comment about innuendo - Yes, that can be considered defamation, but it's much more challenging to prove compared to outright lies, and even then it's still difficult.  I mean just because an audience is allowing their biased interpretation of the statements to dictate what's actually being said (or not said)  doesn't automatically mean defamation.  And even tho I think Dominion provided a comprehensive complaint, they'll still need to prove the 1.6 Billion in damages.

But whatever, I do appreciate You and Weber at least trying to discuss this in good faith, unlike some people here.

21 hours ago, kallend said:

Are you requesting actual facts in an argument with Coreeeeece?

That's not the way it works.

Exactly, YOU were the one that made the claim, so I was asking YOU for facts to back that up since I was fairly unacquainted with the case, and election fraud in general. That's the way it works "professor."

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

Exactly, YOU were the one that made the claim, so I was asking YOU for facts to back that up since I was fairly unacquainted with the case, and election fraud in general. That's the way it works "professor."

Pretty much as predicted.

Court documents Monday showed that Paul Ryan repeatedly warned Murdoch and Fox News of the dangerous effects that discussing false election fraud narratives on air would have with viewers.

Ryan, the former House speaker and a Fox Corporation board member, repeatedly told Rupert and Fox Corporation CEO Lachlan Murdoch that the company “should not be spreading conspiracy theories.”

On at least one occasion, Ryan advised the Murdochs that the company should “move on from Donald Trump and stop spouting election lies.”

During this time, Ryan told the Murdochs that many of those who thought the election had been stolen did so “because they got a diet of information telling them the election was stolen from what they believe were credible sources.”

“The sooner we can put down the echoes of falsehoods from our side, the faster we can get onto principled loyal opposition,” Ryan wrote to Rupert. “I truly hope our contributors, along with Tucker, Laura, and Sean get that and execute.”

Rupert responded to Ryan, noting that “everything changed” following the events of January 6, 2021, and asked the former speaker turned Fox executive for suggestions for contributors.

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

But whatever, I do appreciate You and Weber at least trying to discuss this in good faith, unlike some people here.

In good faith? Lol! Do you want to do anything at all now to address Dobbs, instead of waving away the guy who had the most watched business show in the country as an irrelevant nobody? Do you think you were operating in good faith when you did that?

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Court documents Monday ...”

Rupert responded to Ryan, noting that “everything changed” following the events of January 6, 2021, and asked the former speaker turned Fox executive for suggestions for contributors.

MurDoch submitted an affidavit  Rupert Murdoch testified that Fox News hosts ‘endorsed’ stolen election narrative. To the effect that election lies and representations by FOX prior to Jan 6. Were all a big surprise to him.

spacer.png

Lying sack of shit. He has the same MO in Australia. The plaintiff should amend the claim in court to $15 billion.

Edited by Phil1111

44 minutes ago, kallend said:

On at least one occasion, Ryan advised the Murdochs that the company should “move on from Donald Trump and stop spouting election lies.”

During this time, Ryan told the Murdochs that many of those who thought the election had been stolen did so “because they got a diet of information telling them the election was stolen from what they believe were credible sources.”

Yeah, well, they didn't want to lose their market. A couple of my old-time Texas skydiving friends (yeah, they skew seriously conservative, duh) switched to OAN after (as one put it) "Fox went full Democrat" in reporting that Trump might actually have lost the election.

Wendy P.

12 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

MurDoch submitted an affidavit  Rupert Murdoch testified that Fox News hosts ‘endorsed’ stolen election narrative. To the effect that election lies and representations by FOX prior to Jan 6. Were all a big surprise to him.

Lying sack of shit. He has the same MO in Australia. The plaintiff should amend the claim in court to $15 billion.

Same in the UK too, especially after the police bribery and phone hacking scandals blew up. His ‘News of the World’ title had to be shut down after it became too toxic, but the actual defence used by his family and their editors against criminal liability was “we tasked our reporters to get the most personal info possible about celebs and crime victims but absolutely never ever asked where it came from or what they were using their massive expense accounts for”. 

Gutter journalism scumbag.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

in reporting that Trump might actually have lost the election.

Hey Wendy I'm curious. In your opinion, is that because they genuinely don't believe that he could have lost, or that they viewed fox as "their" team and that it should have stood by the lie to try and force the coup?

11 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Hey Wendy I'm curious. In your opinion, is that because they genuinely don't believe that he could have lost, or that they viewed fox as "their" team and that it should have stood by the lie to try and force the coup?

I don't know. I don't actually talk politics with them as a rule, except for rarely with a select couple (and neither of them was the one who posted that). The team aspect is kind of attractive, though. People can be pretty team-oriented.

Wendy P.

3 hours ago, kallend said:

Court documents Monday showed that Paul Ryan repeatedly warned Murdoch and Fox News of the dangerous effects that discussing false election fraud narratives on air would have with viewers...

There are also reports that Fox gave Jared Kushner confidential information about Biden campaign ads.

Go figure.

https://www.businessinsider.com/murdoch-gave-kushner-confidential-information-about-biden-dominion-2023-2

This is more imbecile than scumbag but worth reporting:

“Researchers found that the vaccinated are at least twice as likely to be infected with covid as the unvaccinated and those with natural immunity.”  Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), during the House Select Subcommittee on coronavirus, 2/28.

26 minutes ago, kallend said:

This is more imbecile than scumbag but worth reporting:

“Researchers found that the vaccinated are at least twice as likely to be infected with covid as the unvaccinated and those with natural immunity.”  Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), during the House Select Subcommittee on coronavirus, 2/28.

Yeah, she's a sharp one....here's her buddy Matt:

18 hours ago, lippy said:

Yeah, she's a sharp one....here's her buddy Matt:

Yup a real American Patriot reading Chinese propaganda into congressional record. But Biden is weak on China.

The level of stupid is high on this new crop of Republicans/libertarians.

• Like 1

Republican legislator arrested after he’s caught on video swearing at snowplow truck driver clearing road

Jeffrey Greeson, of Wentworth, 51, was arrested Friday and charged with disorderly conduct, criminal threatening and simple assault, the New Hampshire State Police said in a statement. Greeson was released on personal recognizance and ordered back to the Plymouth District Court on May 18.

On 3/10/2023 at 1:01 PM, kallend said:

Competition for Santos - another GOP prolific liar:

From the story: "Fast-forwarding to my midlife crisis, I was in law enforcement and international sex crimes.”

Uh oh.  

On the plus side for the GOP, having another GOPer associated with international sex crimes might take the heat off Matt Gaetz.

(edited)

This is awesome:

Tennessee Governor Bill Lee recently signed into law a bill that criminalizes drag shows in places where minors might be present.

A great many of his constituents are unhappy with this decision, and one of them took it upon himself to make that known to everyone—especially Governor Lee.

During the lead-up to Lee signing the bill, a photo from his high school yearbook resurfaced of him wearing a dress and jewelry.
The photo of Lee was taken during his high school's "Powderpuff" event—an event common in the South where high school boys dress as girls and girls dress as boys.

An event which the Daily Beast called:

"...essentially a drag show for minors in which the participants are minors."

Tennessee state Democratic Representative Vincent Dixie seemed to agree with that assessment, wondering on Twitter if Lee was a minor when the photo was taken.

Link: https://secondnexus.com/governor-lee-drag-photo-billboards?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2yrnUi4f6gZTV1rRW4H5UY_F2DD-TyE3qBjLwzVptUFbdaORSF-17-6Fs#Echobox=1678548887

So the Governor of Tennessee, who recently signed a law prohibiting drag events where minors might be present, participated in a drag event...

Where minors were present.

So a fella decided to make this a bit more public, crowd funded a couple billboards.

So the Governor, in drag, will be on billboards around Nashville.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

George Santos is not just a prolific and regular liar - he's also just really bad at it.

He recently claimed that he was one of the producers of "Spider-Man" the broadway play.  I mean, that's a terrible lie!  First off, it's very easy to verify that he wasn't.  Secondly the play itself was a spectacular failure, so everything about it is going to be very well known, since people are going to be curious about why it failed.  Three, why lie about being part of such a failure?  It's like lying about being the guy who designed the 737MAX MCAS.  "Yeah, that was me, terrible design.  No redundancy, and makes it very easy to cause a runaway trim situation.  But boy am I smart!"

3 hours ago, billvon said:

George Santos is not just a prolific and regular liar - he's also just really bad at it.

I had to read that post three times to understand just WTF you were talking about. All because I misread Santos as Soros. Time for an early bed I guess.