4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

17 minutes ago, ryoder said:

She was on Bill Maher's show three weeks ago. I thought she seemed too rational to be in the GOP.

I thought her stand up was really good: excellent timing and a great spread of jokes. I also didn't get it that she was on the R team. I just hope she's trans, gay, or any sort of they or them just to burst bigot brains.

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Looks like we may have a female version of George Santos.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/02/10/anna-paulina-luna-republican-biography/

Good catch. Its amazing what the WP and NYT scoop up.

In Florida you take a big ole bite of the MAGA pie if you want to represent its republican voters. trump didn't move there for just the weather.

Edited by Phil1111

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Good catch. Its amazing what the WP and NYT scoop up.

In Florida you take a big ole bite of the MAGA pie if you want to represent its republican voters. trump didn't move there for just the weather.

Can you not just trim florida off and float it out into the ocean? Seems like you'd get rid of a lot of the crazy.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

We need more reps and senators who arent “on the team” in both parties. Because they represent a need to compromise and deal

Wendy P. 

I'll go with 'cooperation toward a common goal;' "compromise" has too many very negative definitions.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

We need more reps and senators who arent “on the team” in both parties. Because they represent a need to compromise and deal

Wendy P. 

We need more people who are working for what's best for the country.

They won't agree on what that is, but if they are trying to make the country better for ALL the citizens, we'd at least be going in a positive direction.

Instead, we have Republicans who have openly stated that their goal is to 'defeat' anything the Ds propose, even if that course is detrimental to the country.

1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

Can you not just trim florida off and float it out into the ocean? Seems like you'd get rid of a lot of the crazy.

Too much risk that it would capsize.

1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

Conservatives used to say that about California, only there it was waiting for the big earthquake that would disappear it into the ocean...

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, kallend said:

I quite like the Keys, and ZHills and Deland have fine DZs, but you can have the rest.

I once spent a week in the keys, getting my scuba certification, and hanging out at Mallory Dock in the evenings. Good times! :-)

A Texas republican gem:

"Attorney General Ken Paxton and four of his former top deputies who said he improperly fired them after they accused him of crimes have reached a tentative agreement to end a whistleblower lawsuit that would pay those employees $3.3 million dollars.

In a filing on Friday, attorneys for Paxton and the whistleblowers asked the Texas Supreme Court to further defer consideration of the whistleblower case until the two sides can finalize the tentative agreement. Once the deal is finalized and payment by the attorney general's office is approved, the two sides will move to end the case, the filing said.

"The whistleblowers sacrificed their jobs and have spent more than two years fighting for what is right," said TJ Turner, an attorney for David Maxwell, a whistleblower and former director of law enforcement for the attorney general's office. "We believe the terms of the settlement speak for themselves."

Paxton, a Republican who won a third four-year term in November, said in a statement that he agreed to the settlement to save taxpayer money and start his new term unencumbered by the accusations....The attorney general’s office also agreed to delete a news release from its website that called the whistleblowers “rogue employees.”.

The agreement is contingent upon the state of Texas coughing up the cash, naturally.

Do I detect some hypocrisy here?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/02/10/desantis-campaign-emails-gun-free-event/

As Gov. Ron DeSantis prepared for an election night party in downtown Tampa last year, city officials received a surprising — and politically sensitive — request.

The Republican governor’s campaign wanted weapons banned from his victory celebration at the city-run Tampa Convention Center, a city official said in emails obtained by The Washington Post. And the campaign suggested that the city take responsibility for the firearms ban, the official said — not the governor, who has been a vocal supporter of gun rights.

“DeSantis/his campaign will not tell their attendees they are not permitted to carry because of the political optics,” Chase Finch, the convention center’s safety and security manager, said in an Oct. 28 email to other city officials about the request, which was conveyed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), a state police agency led by a DeSantis appointee.